Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: North Dakota announces name.

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
    Remember when you physically threatened Mike Eidelbes because he was clowning on UND? That was pretty pathetic.
    I didn't threaten that clown with anything lol... I told him I would love to see him take his internet tough guy talk to UND fans in real life. He talks a big game online. I'm just guessing the vegas odds of him doing that in real life are low.

Comment

Originally posted by willythekid View Post
      Do you see a bunch of UND fans clogging up the st cloud threads? I know I have no reason to go into them... but yet cloud fans keep infecting NoDak threads like some kind of STD. Obsession.
      You also don't see SCSU making a complete **** show of selecting their mascot. And it happened when UND is playing where this week? Oh...
      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

UND president Robert Kelley in a statement. “We especially appreciate the two nickname committees who worked so hard during this past year to make this a transparent, inclusive process that led to a short list of potential nicknames. Now, the voters have spoken, and they have told us that Fighting Hawks should be that new nickname. This is an appropriate choice, as Fighting Hawks symbolizes the competitive spirit of our athletes, the perseverance of the North Dakota spirit, and the continual ascendancy of the University and the state.”

Read more: http://www.uscho.com/2015/11/18/nort...#ixzz3rvNy3mtE

Pretty sorry president IMHO!

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
          Don't let it bug you so much. When you're the best you have to expect tag-a-long fanboys to follow you around like lovesick little puppies and just need to accept that this sort of thing will always occur. The only thing we could do to stop it is stop being so awesome, but everyone knows that we will never stop being awesome.
          Probably still bitter at being the last to be asked to the NCHC party. Kind of like the socially awkward kid you end up inviting because you're stuck with an extra ticket.
          That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by willythekid View Post
            Do you see a bunch of UND fans clogging up the st cloud threads? I know I have no reason to go into them... but yet cloud fans keep infecting NoDak threads like some kind of STD. Obsession.
            We are like gawkers on the other side of the freeway slowing down to look at the car wreck, only we're also commenting on the wreck. True we're not involved and it doesn't really affect us, but we just can't look away from such a cluster-****. And we just can't refrain from commenting.

Comment

Fighting Hawks...wow I feel bad for you guys. I'm not trying to be sarcastic or a jerk either. I loved the uniqueness of the Fighting Sioux and the instant brand recognition it carried. What is with whenever a team changes a nickname it becomes a variation of Hawks? Miami went from Redskins to Red Hawks, UL-Monroe went from Indians to War Hawks, Lehigh went from the highly offensive nickname of the Engineers to the Mountain Hawks, and now we have the North Dakota Fighting Hawks. As a neutral fan I feel for you guys, although after such a long process of getting here I'm sure you guys just want to be done with it. ND will always be the Fighting Sioux for me.

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
                We are like gawkers on the other side of the freeway slowing down to look at the car wreck, only we're also commenting on the wreck. True we're not involved and it doesn't really affect us, but we just can't look away from such a cluster-****. And we just can't refrain from commenting.
                Like a young Jim Morrison in that opening scene in The Doors?

It will haunt you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Friar Away View Post
                  Fighting Hawks...wow I feel bad for you guys. I'm not trying to be sarcastic or a jerk either. I loved the uniqueness of the Fighting Sioux and the instant brand recognition it carried. What is with whenever a team changes a nickname it becomes a variation of Hawks? Miami went from Redskins to Red Hawks, UL-Monroe went from Indians to War Hawks, Lehigh went from the highly offensive nickname of the Engineers to the Mountain Hawks, and now we have the North Dakota Fighting Hawks. As a neutral fan I feel for you guys, although after such a long process of getting here I'm sure you guys just want to be done with it. ND will always be the Fighting Sioux for me.
                  UMass Lowell went from the Chiefs to the River Hawks.

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                    Haha living in Massachusetts figures that's the one that slips my mind, figures lol

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                      Probably still bitter at being the last to be asked to the NCHC party. Kind of like the socially awkward kid you end up inviting because you're stuck with an extra ticket.
                      This times 100.
                      Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                        and RPI has that chicken-hawk looking thing for a mascot....
                        If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by Friar Away View Post
                          http://www.inforum.com/news/3885818-...d-timid-choice

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                            Why would St. Cloud fans be bitter about that? We won the league title in year one, about to win it again this year. It has worked out pretty well for us.
                            Originally posted by SJHovey
                            Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                            Originally posted by Brenthoven
                            We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

I'd like to take this opportunity to congratulate the UND committees, president, and athletic director for their knee burning hard work in finally selecting the perfect moniker. Of course none of this would have been possible without the unwavering support of the UND Nazi chancellors, Women's Swastika Knitting Association, The UND Aryan Circle Jerk Association (ACJA), The Touch Our Gonads Society (TOGS) and of course UND's renown Schutzstaffel. This is sheer genius, Hawks actually build a nest out of their own poop, so the name is a total fit for UND. Congrats!

Comment

obsession

Comment

Working...
                                X