North Dakota announces name.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
    Good point. Instead, of a kangaroo, your school could've taken the time to think of a Native American themed logo that wasn't taken directly from a professional team's logo. We copied one with only the slightest of edits, but we own up to it and don't find ways to excuse what our school did.
    Back a few decades, didn't UND use the Blackhawk logo?
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Re: North Dakota announces name.

Originally posted by cross cheque View Post
      It will be some stupid mascot comparable to Blizzard the ambiguously gay and genderless dog, something like hawkeye or beaky and everyone will throw $10 beers at it until Robert Kelly institutes martial law in the arena to keep everyone politically correct.
      Not everyone likes to stare at dog genitalia. But, you gotta be yourself.

Not only that, but how could a dog be both genderless and gay?
      Originally posted by SJHovey
      Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
      Originally posted by Brenthoven
      We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
        Not everyone likes to stare at dog genitalia. But, you gotta be yourself.

Not only that, but how could a dog be both genderless and gay?
        It's a special talent that only something associated with St. Cloud can attain....
        Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
        Originally posted by Quizmire
        mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
        MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
        MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
        I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
          Back a few decades, didn't UND use the Blackhawk logo?
          Yes, then they held a contest to get a new logo... and came up with an almost identical design that they'd been using ever since.
          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

I don't know what is the bigger joke... the process UND used to get a new nickname or the obsession of opposing fan bases with it. Nothing new for st cloud fans though... they probably come in second only to goof fans for their NoDak obsession level. When you have such a little insignificant program like theirs I suppose you need to obsess over something.
            Last edited by willythekid; 11-18-2015, 04:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by cross cheque View Post
              It will be some stupid mascot comparable to Blizzard the ambiguously gay and genderless dog, something like hawkeye or beaky and everyone will throw $10 beers at it until Robert Kelly institutes martial law in the arena to keep everyone politically correct.
              I'm campaigning for Jet the Hawk to be the mascot. He's from Sonic the Hedgehog or something. I don't know.
              Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
              when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
              Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Hooray, more bird mascots...

Could've at least gone with an original bird nickname, like Wideons or Geese, or Goldeneyes.
                Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by willythekid View Post
                  I don't know what is the bigger joke... the process UND used to get a new nickname or the obsession of opposing fan bases with it. Nothing new for st cloud fans though... they probably come in second only to goof fans for their NoDak obsession level. When you have such a little insignificant program like theirs I suppose you need to obsess over something.
                  Speak the truth willy, speak the truth.
                  Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by willythekid View Post

It's easy to hate UND when the fan base decides to quickly replace MN in terms of arrogance and ******-baggery within the conference.
                    My favorite is how many within the UND fan base blame SCSU for forcing the name change.
                    So nice that they think we have that kind of power.
                    "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                    -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                    Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                    Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                    Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                    Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                      It's easy to hate UND when the fan base decides to quickly replace MN in terms of arrogance and ******-baggery within the conference.
                      I take offense to that. My arrogance and ******-baggery has never waned nor has any other UND fans. You obviously just weren't paying attention. Plus even if that wasn't true, who else could've done the job? If you didn't want the job, don't then turn around and complain about how the job is being done. You had your chance.
                      when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                      Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                        My favorite is how many within the UND fan base blame SCSU for forcing the name change.
                        So nice that they think we have that kind of power.
                        Somebody had to do it and none of the other teams are good enough.....except maybe Denver, but they don't have fans.
                        Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                        Originally posted by Quizmire
                        mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                        MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                        MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                        I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Do you see a bunch of UND fans clogging up the st cloud threads? I know I have no reason to go into them... but yet cloud fans keep infecting NoDak threads like some kind of STD. Obsession.

Comment

Do you see a bunch of UND fans clogging up the st cloud threads? I know I have no reason to go into them... but yet cloud fans keep infecting NoDak threads like some kind of STD. Obsession.
                            Don't let it bug you so much. When you're the best you have to expect tag-a-long fanboys to follow you around like lovesick little puppies and just need to accept that this sort of thing will always occur. The only thing we could do to stop it is stop being so awesome, but everyone knows that we will never stop being awesome.
                            Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

• Originally posted by willythekid View Post
                              If we had threads...yes they would be there.
                              They always have been before, it wouldn't stop now.
                              And don't confuse hate with obsession.
                              "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                              -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                              Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                              Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                              Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                              Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Remember when you physically threatened Mike Eidelbes because he was clowning on UND? That was pretty pathetic.
                                Originally posted by SJHovey
                                Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                                Originally posted by Brenthoven
                                We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Working...
                                X