Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jon View Post
    I mean, c'mon. Why not?

I feel like PC has never beaten this team (admittedly a small sample size) and I dislike trash talking. Especially since your goalie seems to be the kind of guy we struggle against this year.
    Okay Jon, this thread sucks. You should start a new one about the glorious hockey game that will ensue next Thursday afternoon. The winner of said game has a good chance to become national champion according to a few. Don't you agree?

Comment

Looks like PC fans are just too polite,in jons case I understand. Some cow lover will steal his alternator while he is at the game on thursday. But really, where is the trash talk, at least let's have some sandbagging. I'll start, uno sucks and gillies is an underachieving maine boy
      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Re: PC vs UNO; Why not a thread?

Originally posted by walrus View Post
        Looks like PC fans are just too polite,in jons case I understand. Some cow lover will steal his alternator while he is at the game on thursday. But really, where is the trash talk, at least let's have some sandbagging. I'll start, uno sucks and gillies is an underachieving maine boy
        It pretty difficult to have much animus for a team that UNO has beaten every time we've played it.

All two times, the last time being nearly a decade ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cows View Post
          It pretty difficult to have much animus for a team that UNO has beaten every time we've played it.

10 years ago was dump and watch time and at the very least you could call them goons or thugs or something
          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

I really liked that Outside Providence movie.
            UNO Maverick fan and Gopher hater, stuck in Husky country...

Comment

Originally posted by 5thYearFreshman View Post
              I really liked that Outside Providence movie.
              Alec Baldwin line from that movie:

"Making out is like Chinese dinner, it ain't over 'til you both get your cookies".

Not going to apply for this game, however. Only one cookie available.

Comment

10 years ago was dump and watch time and at the very least you could call them goons or thugs or something
                Hire Pooley!
                Expectation has the encumberance of truth while hope lives its own life, wild and free.

Comment

Originally posted by BU2K View Post
                  Hire Pooley!
                  I want to see McShane, Pooley and Army all end up on the same team. I really do.

Somewhere in Durham, a man just stood up, gestured emphatically, and sat back down.

I yield to Maine fans in terms of sandbagging, pessimism and alternator theft.

Originally posted by Red Cows View Post

Fear the Omaha curse!!!!

I really hope the winner of this game wins on Saturday night too. Sorry, was that too polite?

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                  -Blackadder
                  "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                  -Casablanca
                  "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                  -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

I want to see McShane, Pooley and Army all end up on the same team. I really do.

Somewhere in Durham, a man just stood up, gestured emphatically, and sat back down.

Fear the Omaha curse!!!!

I really hope the winner of this game wins on Saturday night too. Sorry, was that too polite?
                    You win.

Comment

Fear the Omaha curse!!!!

Don't we think we are being a little harsh on McShane? He had some very good teams in the early 90's? Four 20 win seasons including some disastrous early seasons
                      Last edited by The Zlax45; 04-02-2015, 10:06 PM.
                      Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                        Don't we think we are being a little harsh on McShane? He had some very good teams in the early 90's? Four 20 win seasons including some disastrous early seasons
                        Says the man that continually rips a goalie with a 22-13-2 record, a 2.01 gga, a .929 save % and has led his team to the Frozen Four.
                        'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                          Says the man that continually rips a goalie with a 22-13-2 record, a 2.01 gga, a .929 save % and has led his team to the Frozen Four.
                          Yeah, but Gillies didn't score any goals.

Comment

Mark Divver interview on Capital District radio station - Interesting

http://www.foxsports980.com/onair/ro...aily-13466022/

Comment

Wow! So many people are saying that the "main event" and the Nat'l Championship game is Thursday night. And so many Omaha fans seem to be "looking past" Providence.

A perfect recipe for upsets.

I'm pulling for Omaha, but the lack of respect for Providence is scary. Jon Gillies can be a game changer. So can Massa. I think it's going to be a great game.

It's championship hockey, folks. You have to be good to be lucky (and lucky to be good). And nobody gets to the final 4 without a bit of both. There are NO easy games this time of year. Everybody needs to come prepared and ready to play. I've coached hockey for 20 years and can honestly say that I love being the underdog.

Can't wait for Thursday!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Hutter View Post
                                Mark Divver interview on Capital District radio station - Interesting

http://www.foxsports980.com/onair/ro...aily-13466022/
                                Thanks for sharing. I couldn't help but smile listening to the story about the off day activity at the 2000 Frozen Four in Providence in the segment after Mark Divver departed.

I am comfortable with the sense that many are looking past Providence.

Comment

Working...
                                X