Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech 2015 off-season I: Building on what we've learned...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 2015 off-season I: Building on what we've learned...

Finally... A Twitter account worth following.
    https://twitter.com/MTUEquip

Ryan J
    Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
    https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
    Originally posted by geezer
    Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
    Originally posted by manurespreader
    ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
      I did not get a chance to look closely enough at the intrasquad game, but during the MPS they were talking about CJ Eick playing center. Anyone else notice this or any other interesting positions for players? Where did the new guys play? Blacklock, E. Anderson, Lucchini, Jackson, Boeing?
      Eick did play center, but I can't see him playing center during season

Luchini played center and looked good.

Jackson played winger and is rather quick

Boeing played wing and didn't impress a whole lot, but played solid, seemed to be better in corners than anywhere else

Blacklock (wing) looked ok and Anderson (center) was ok, I don't think they will see consistent okay time this year

Birks looked pretty decent on the blue line, played with Watson

Comment

I thought Lucchini had the best game of the freshmen, both true and redshirt. He looked pretty aggressive out there and had a few good chances. He also had the nicest shootout goal (*cough* Shootouts Suck! *cough*).

Jackson's speed was commented on more than once. Boeing looked decent at digging the puck out of corners and making outlet passes, but needs to work on getting into the rush and driving the net. Didn't hear a peep out of E. Anderson or Blacklock.

Birks looked very solid considering he hasn't played in a real game for over a year. We're going to be leaning on the D, Phillips, and special teams quite a bit, especially in the early going as the line combinations shake out.

Comment

So based on those last 2 posts, I would expect
          Gillies, Heinonen, Baltus, and Jackson to be LWs
          Steman, Neville, Lucchini, Eick to be Cs
          Gould, Petan, L'Esperance, Sturos to be RWs and
          Blacklock, E. Anderson, Boeing, Vallis and P. Anderson to be scratched more often than not early on
          Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
            So I probably should save this if we do restart THG but I looked at Tri-City's roster and there are only 6 players on the roster that aren't committed to D1 hockey or have played major juniors. Of those, 3 players played in the Storm's first game. Of those 3, only one got point but he is also the oldest, James Gobetz. The other 2 both played for greater detroit teams so obviously Billy had his eye on them for MTU. Those two forwards are Robert Kaiser (5/9/97) and Paul Washe (11/27/98) so I'd keep your eye on those two players.
            i wasn't far off, Bobby Kaiser commited to Western Michigan yeaterday...
            Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
              It's a little more important that we get good video download from space, man. The problem isn't UAH's but really the VBC's. UAH was supposed to be paying for a dedicated feed for video, but ... I think that the product last year speaks to whether or not that happened.

GFM <— just got home from an off-nominal night commanding the ISS ... everything's okay, though
              Wait a minute...are you saying you were in charge of the International Space Station last night? You said it non-chalantly...

Comment

Originally posted by Pure Mel View Post
                Wait a minute...are you saying you were in charge of the International Space Station last night? You said it non-chalantly...
                I should have written it as "commanding to the ISS", which is quite a bit different. I was under supervision and should be certified right before Thanksgiving (which may conflict with attending home games, but I'm trying).

GFM
                Geof F. Morris
                UAH BSE MAE 2002
                UAHHockey.com

Comment

I should have written it as "commanding to the ISS", which is quite a bit different. I was under supervision and should be certified right before Thanksgiving (which may conflict with attending home games, but I'm trying).

GFM
                  uh, that still gave me a tingle. I have a space pinging app on the phone that sends alerts for ISS, meteors, northern lights, satellites, etc. Old enough to still find it all amazing. People circling the planet every day. who would have thought? and it doesn't even make the news.
                  Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                  "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                  Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                  Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Thumbs up to the athletic department for putting together a series preview video with improved production values.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJkgJ3ScTZo

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
                      uh, that still gave me a tingle. I have a space pinging app on the phone that sends alerts for ISS, meteors, northern lights, satellites, etc. Old enough to still find it all amazing. People circling the planet every day. who would have thought? and it doesn't even make the news.
                      There have been at least two human beings not on the planet since 2000-11-02. It's my job to help make sure that they have something to do.

GFM <— got his schedule today and will work a couple of midnight shifts after a couple of UAH home games this year.
                      Geof F. Morris
                      UAH BSE MAE 2002
                      UAHHockey.com

Comment

There have been at least two human beings not on the planet since 2000-11-02. It's my job to help make sure that they have something to do.
                        I know, but I'm old enough to still find it amazing. Very cool job.

BTW Tech Fans, Huntsville is a good trip to take. Nice town, good restaurants, history, arena and space stuff, pretty settings, hotel that connects to arena. We were impressed.
                        Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                        "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                        Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                        Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
                          I know, but I'm old enough to still find it amazing. Very cool job.

BTW Tech Fans, Huntsville is a good trip to take. Nice town, good restaurants, history, arena and space stuff, pretty settings, hotel that connects to arena. We were impressed.
                          We were going to do it this year, but the Arizona tourney was too unique to pass up for the long trip of the year. We'll be down to Huntsville soon though.
                          MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

Here's two Tech articles for those that missed it. Who's starting the 2015-16 Season thread?

Michigan Tech Eyes New Heights After Last Year's Success
                            http://www.collegehockeynews.com/new...xpectation.php

After coming up just short in 29-win season, Michigan Tech wants more
                            http://www.uscho.com/2015/10/07/afte...ch-wants-more/

Comment

Originally posted by stuckinwi View Post
                              We were going to do it this year, but the Arizona tourney was too unique to pass up for the long trip of the year. We'll be down to Huntsville soon though.
                              I can't fault you for that! You'll be here again next year, too.

GFM
                              Geof F. Morris
                              UAH BSE MAE 2002
                              UAHHockey.com

Comment

Oh, and if the Tech contingent wants to take a little bit of a NASA tour, I can arrange that.

GFM
                                Geof F. Morris
                                UAH BSE MAE 2002
                                UAHHockey.com

Comment

Working...
                                X