Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech 2015 off-season I: Building on what we've learned...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 2015 off-season I: Building on what we've learned...

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    They better not mess with the best nachos in college hockey!!!!
    Originally posted by mtu_huskies
    "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
    Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
    Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
      Some of the guys really had the jets turned on in the first half. The two most egregious turnovers came later on in the second half, when they started looking tired.

And then the shootout took 20+ rounds. That was Exhibit A in the case of why we should not have shootouts in college.
      That was quite the shootout.

Comment

Originally posted by MidwestSticks View Post
        Where did you find a car for $15 per day? I haven't been able to find anything that low. Thanks for your help.
        IF you're talking rental cars from PHX, Southwest.com has a deal going on right now for that. I don't know what size car. I have a friend who's going there for a completely different reason that also got that same pricing, and he mentioned that he'd booked it with his airfare.

GFM
        Geof F. Morris
        UAH BSE MAE 2002
        UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
          IF you're talking rental cars from PHX, Southwest.com has a deal going on right now for that. I don't know what size car. I have a friend who's going there for a completely different reason that also got that same pricing, and he mentioned that he'd booked it with his airfare.

GFM
          The price goes up in the winter. When it's 110 degrees, it's cheap.
          MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
            "There's a turnover..." We have to get that under control and also we have to be better than last year on the PK.
            True, but keep in mind, we were playing one of the top teams in the country last night.
            Originally posted by MidwestSticks View Post
            Where did you find a car for $15 per day? I haven't been able to find anything that low. Thanks for your help.
            I just used Travelocity but it looks like it went up. $100 for three days still pretty cheap. Also a travel tip, most sites use cookies. So the more you run a search, the web sites bump up the prices. Try deleting all cookies and then search again and see if the price drops back down.
            Ryan J
            Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
            https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
            Originally posted by geezer
            Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
            Originally posted by manurespreader
            ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
              I just used Travelocity but it looks like it went up. $100 for three days still pretty cheap. Also a travel tip, most sites use cookies. So the more you run a search, the web sites bump up the prices. Try deleting all cookies and then search again and see if the price drops back down.
              Ryan J
              This.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

I did not get a chance to look closely enough at the intrasquad game, but during the MPS they were talking about CJ Eick playing center. Anyone else notice this or any other interesting positions for players? Where did the new guys play? Blacklock, E. Anderson, Lucchini, Jackson, Boeing?
                Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

If anyone has an interest in a very unique, and low cost Tech jersey, there is a 1994 GLI prototype jersey being offered for sale. This is not my jersey, but I know the seller (his name is Kurt). I inspected the jersey in person over the weekend. I would have grabbed it for myself, but I already have an identical one in my collection. Other than the number 94, this is identical to what the players wore on the ice and the players kept their jerseys so you will likely never see an actual game jersey offered.
                  http://www.ebay.com/itm/131619761263
                  FYI,
                  Ryan

Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                  https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                  Originally posted by geezer
                  Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                  Originally posted by manurespreader
                  ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

What did people think of WCHA.tv? I thought it was pretty much the same, so hopefully not a step backwards at all this year.

Comment

Originally posted by mtu_huskies View Post
                      What did people think of WCHA.tv? I thought it was pretty much the same, so hopefully not a step backwards at all this year.
                      It ran for the whole second half and shootout without a single lag, buffer, or blip airplayed to my brother's AppleTV from my iPhone on his wifi. This is a BIG improvement.
                      MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

I still can't understand why Tech, with all of this money invested in the new board and video system the last two years, can't seem to produce a near HD-quality feed like that school in Marquette.

But hey, I can see the puck, and the replays are pretty clear. And it's not like Bemidji or Mankato's feeds were much clearer. I guess I'll just pretend I'm watching a game from the 80s that's been upconverted from VHS to DVD?

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                          I still can't understand why Tech, with all of this money invested in the new board and video system the last two years, can't seem to produce a near HD-quality feed like that school in Marquette.

But hey, I can see the puck, and the replays are pretty clear. And it's not like Bemidji or Mankato's feeds were much clearer. I guess I'll just pretend I'm watching a game from the 80s that's been upconverted from VHS to DVD?
                          Don't judge the feeds by the regular season. The big thing about pushing HD is having the bandwidth between the arena and the CDN. That's UAH's (first) problem.

GFM
                          Geof F. Morris
                          UAH BSE MAE 2002
                          UAHHockey.com

Comment

Don't judge the feeds by the regular season. The big thing about pushing HD is having the bandwidth between the arena and the CDN. That's UAH's (first) problem.

GFM
                            Don't you have some pull to allow UAH to piggy back on your employers fiber pipeline for the game feeds?
                            “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

GFM
                              I get that, but I look at the quality of NMU's feed, and I reject it as an excuse. The Institution has spent millions renovating the Mac since my senior year, and it seems like they could have found some money to fix a simple bandwidth problem. Clearly I'm either underestimating the cost of this project, or it is a broader problem with the local fiber/other equipment that would have to be addressed with whoever owns the lines. If it's the latter, I (grudgingly) understand.

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                                Don't you have some pull to allow UAH to piggy back on your employers fiber pipeline for the game feeds?
                                It's a little more important that we get good video download from space, man. The problem isn't UAH's but really the VBC's. UAH was supposed to be paying for a dedicated feed for video, but ... I think that the product last year speaks to whether or not that happened.

GFM <— just got home from an off-nominal night commanding the ISS ... everything's okay, though
                                Geof F. Morris
                                UAH BSE MAE 2002
                                UAHHockey.com

Comment

Working...
                                X