Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech 2015 off-season I: Building on what we've learned...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 2015 off-season I: Building on what we've learned...

Originally posted by redwing61 View Post
    I already related the only interesting tidbit from the second half of the show. Here's my guess for what was discussed in the first half:

-We're on the ice a little bit. Everyone looks good. They're ready for the season to begin, no question.
    -Tyler Shelast is doing a great job getting everyone into game shape.
    -Coach Shuchuk is here. He's excited for the season to begin, no question.
    -Petan and Watson are co-captains. We're looking for strong leadership to replace Kero and Pietila, no question.
    -We lost some scoring, so we'll need returning players to step up, plus some contributions from freshmen, no question.
    -No, Dirk, I don't know who's going to play on the power play yet.
    -Yes, Dirk, thank you for your weekly mention of Jimmy Davis. He's still here, he's still a great kid. He might get into some games.
    -We're taking Laurentian seriously, they're a good hockey team.
    -Ticket sales have been good. Get them now.
    -It's getting colder outside. Hockey season is just around the corner.
    Ladies and Gentlemen - The above represents my nomination for post of the year. I could not have done it better myself, no question.

Ryan J
    Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
    https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
    Originally posted by geezer
    Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
    Originally posted by manurespreader
    ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by mtu_huskies View Post
      I think there was an mtuhky tweet Monday morning about 5 mins after the show started, saying it's back for 2015-16 listen live on Mix 93. The only problem is I didn't look at Twitter until later in the day, so missed the show and so far no podcast.

A little warning that it's back for the season would've been nice.
      Wes Frahm is still here, but his staff was completely (all two of them) turned over again this year. It will take a bit for them to get up to speed.
      http://www.michigantechhuskies.com/s...t/Zack_Friedli
      http://www.michigantechhuskies.com/s...mtt/Ryan_Tervo
      Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
      USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
        Wes Frahm is still here, but his staff was completely (all two of them) turned over again this year. It will take a bit for them to get up to speed.
        Sounds like a weak excuse. What about Cal Larson? Wasn't he hired to cover hockey exclusively?

http://www.michigantechhuskies.com/a.../Larson_Calvin
        "The top three worst things I've seen in hockey? The invention of the trap. The invention of the morning skate. And the invention of the extremely ugly uniform."

—Brett Hull

Comment

The Mel P podcast is up. I wonder why they post it in 6 parts. I thought sites used to do that years ago because of slow dial-up connections. There must be a reason.

redwing61 was pretty spot on. Not a ton of stuff, only 3 freshmen is a small class, freshmen and redshirt freshmen are ready to get going, Sept is a busy recruiting month, Mel was in a rink in Minneapolis this weekend form 7:30AM to 10:30PM, etc

He thinks the video stream will be there for the scrimmage this weekend, and has heard good things on the quality

Mel did say him and his wife want to start Pearson's Pals, to help a family or two a weekend to get tickets to game that otherwise couldn't afford it. So they're thinking 4 tickets, pearsonspals@gmail.com I think is the email to recommend a family

Comment

Originally posted by mtu_huskies View Post
            The Mel P podcast is up. I wonder why they post it in 6 parts. I thought sites used to do that years ago because of slow dial-up connections. There must be a reason.

redwing61 was pretty spot on. Not a ton of stuff, only 3 freshmen is a small class, freshmen and redshirt freshmen are ready to get going, Sept is a busy recruiting month, Mel was in a rink in Minneapolis this weekend form 7:30AM to 10:30PM, etc

He thinks the video stream will be there for the scrimmage this weekend, and has heard good things on the quality

Mel did say him and his wife want to start Pearson's Pals, to help a family or two a weekend to get tickets to game that otherwise couldn't afford it. So they're thinking 4 tickets, pearsonspals@gmail.com I think is the email to recommend a family
            I don't know...I complained about that back in 2013 because the pieces were cut up horribly, cutting out in the middle of sentences. Not sure if that is still true but it really is pathetic the things they try and do. I feel like we're already seeing signs of MTU not being pushed by THG.
            Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by redwing61 View Post
              I already related the only interesting tidbit from the second half of the show. Here's my guess for what was discussed in the first half:

-We're on the ice a little bit. Everyone looks good. They're ready for the season to begin, no question.
              -Tyler Shelast is doing a great job getting everyone into game shape.
              -Coach Shuchuk is here. He's excited for the season to begin, no question.
              -Petan and Watson are co-captains. We're looking for strong leadership to replace Kero and Pietila, no question.
              -We lost some scoring, so we'll need returning players to step up, plus some contributions from freshmen, no question.
              -No, Dirk, I don't know who's going to play on the power play yet.
              -Yes, Dirk, thank you for your weekly mention of Jimmy Davis. He's still here, he's still a great kid. He might get into some games.
              -We're taking Laurentian seriously, they're a good hockey team.
              -Ticket sales have been good. Get them now.
              -It's getting colder outside. Hockey season is just around the corner.
              I read this thinking it was the recap. I thought it was odd that "no question" was being used exclusively. That should have tipped me off. Not even one "obviously". Nice job!

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                I don't know...I complained about that back in 2013 because the pieces were cut up horribly, cutting out in the middle of sentences. Not sure if that is still true but it really is pathetic the things they try and do. I feel like we're already seeing signs of MTU not being pushed by THG.
                The podcasts were in segments last season as well. Very crisp, clear, and easy to download it you are at the hunting camp in Ewen!

Comment

Originally posted by Pure Mel View Post
                  The podcasts were in segments last season as well. Very crisp, clear, and easy to download it you are at the hunting camp in Ewen!
                  I'm not complaining about the audio quality I'm complaining about the breaks between segments.
                  Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by eye4talent View Post
                    Sounds like a weak excuse. What about Cal Larson? Wasn't he hired to cover hockey exclusively?

http://www.michigantechhuskies.com/a.../Larson_Calvin
                    He already moved on, as I said.
                    Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                    USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

So if Tech Hockey Guide were to come back, what is most important to you guys?

Do you miss the commitment articles? Recruit updates? Alumni updates? Coveritlive chat? Series previews? Series wrap up? Future depth chart?

Comment

Do you miss the commitment articles? Recruit updates? Alumni updates? Coveritlive chat? Series previews? Series wrap up? Future depth chart?
                        1. Future Depth Chart
                        2. Commitment Articles
                        3. Recruit Updates
                        4. Series Wrap Up
                        5. Series Preview
                        6. Alumni Updates
                        7. Coveritlive
                        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Something to keep an eye on this season, Jamie Phillips' current career GAA is 2.02, and his career save % is 0.922. Michigan Tech's all time records are: GAA - 2.55 (Tony Esposito), Save% - 0.916 (Gary Bauman), according to the records on Tech's website. If Phillips keeps up this pace, he'll go down as statistically the best goalie in Tech history.
                          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

I really liked the info on future prospects, as it takes connections to get that info (which I don't have) so that is always good reading. The chats are good, but I don't think THG really needs to cover the games and things like that. I do believe the Tech staff does an adequate job covering current events on the official site. Alumni info is also of interest because quite frankly I can't keep tabs on them all so little bits here and there are always interesting.
                            Ryan J
                            Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                            https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                            Originally posted by geezer
                            Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                            Originally posted by manurespreader
                            ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

So Justin Bourne is a good sport. For those of you who remember that 9-0 game vs. UAA back in 2006:

Comment

Borune has been a great follow, and he's fairly open/talkative of his time at UAA. I wish he played a few years pro, but he certainly has applied his WCHA/ECHL experience well in discussing NHL issues.
                                “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Working...
                                X