Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech 2015 off-season I: Building on what we've learned...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 2015 off-season I: Building on what we've learned...

Originally posted by mtu_huskies View Post
    Was there a Mel P show today? If so, did anyone listen?
    Caught the last half. The big news is the Mac will have a beer garden.

Comment

Originally posted by redwing61 View Post
      Caught the last half. The big news is the Mac will have a beer garden.
      Need more details!!!!
      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

the Mac will have a beer garden.
        Clearly the Univ IS serious about getting the students back at the games.
        Ryan J
        Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
        https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
        Originally posted by geezer
        Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
        Originally posted by manurespreader
        ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Jamie mentioned in USCHO article as one of 10 college hockey impact goalies to watch.

http://www.uscho.com/2015/09/29/ten-...s-for-2015-16/

Comment

Alex Petan makes CHN's 2nd Team Preseason All-America Team.

Nice to see some recognition...now he needs to show he deserved his name on this list and get his name on the list at the end of the season.

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/new...ll-america.php
            Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
              Need more details!!!!
              Seconded! Where? How? and WOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO!
              MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

• Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                Need more details!!!!
                No real details were given. Mel said a press release is forthcoming.

Comment

The better work something out to have KBC available too.
                  MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

As stated by AD Suzanne Sanregret at the Tech-NMU football game on Saturday, it will be located underneath the suites on the concourse with the Hall of Fame. I'd read it will cordon off part of the railing while still allowing free flow to walk through behind it.

Comment

Originally posted by stuckinwi View Post
                      The better work something out to have KBC available too.
                      Its not worth having a beer garden if all they have is macro ****water. I wouldn't even bother getting out of my seat.
                      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

CSS released its preliminary scouting list and there are no committed recruits on the list.

Here is the list of eligible recruits:
                        Keegan Ford
                        Mitch Reinke
                        Cooper Watson
                        Chris Gerrie
                        Gavin Gould
                        Tristan Rostagno
                        Jake Gingell
                        Carver Watson
                        Mitch Newsome

There are 24 skaters and 2 goali on the list the seem like potential targets based on where they're playing (ignoring eastern high schoolers), where they're from (ignoring NY), and knowing they're not interested in MTU (Dante Fabbro).
                        Defensemen
                        Shay Donovan Duluth East (MN) Duluth, MN
                        Jason Smallidge St. Thomas (MN) Inver Grove Heights, MN
                        Zakery Galambos Johnstown (NAHL) Walnut Creek, CA
                        Sam Dunn Cobourg (OJHL) Bewdley, ON
                        Dean Stewart Portage (MJHL) Portage la Prairie, MB
                        Croix Evingson Kenai River (NAHL) Anchorage, AK
                        Liam Schioler Lincoln (USHL) West St. Paul, MB
                        Bo Hanson Muskegon (USHL) Boise, ID
                        Tyler Jette Farmington (MN) Farmington, MN
                        Wyatt Newpower White Bear Lake (MN) White Bear Lake, MN?
                        Alex Spencer Duluth East (MN) Duluth, MN?
                        Shane Kelly Victory Honda (U18) Orchard Lake, MI
                        Erich Fear Springfield (NAHL) Winnetka, IL

Forwards
                        Colin Grannary Merritt (BCHL) Delta, BC
                        Jack Jeffers Burlington (OJHL) Oakville, ON
                        Ash Altmann Duluth East (MN) Duluth, MN?
                        Brady Tatro Bemidji (MN) Bemidji, MN
                        Roberts Blueger Shattuck - St.Mary'S Prep (MN) Riga, Latvia
                        Christopher Dodero Sioux City (USHL) Highlands Ranch, CO
                        Ty Westgard Surrey (BCHL) White Rock, BC
                        Mikael Hakkarainen Brookings (NAHL) Espoo, Finland
                        Luke Keenan Whitby (OJHL) Courtice, ON

Goalies:
                        Jack Lafontaine Janesville (NAHL) Mississauga, ON
                        Tommy Nappier Springfield (NAHL) St Louis, MO

Lots of information there but the couple that jump out at me are
                        Forward Mikael Hakkarainen playing in the NAHL whom is from Finland,
                        Defenseman Shane Kelly playing for Victory Honda (U18)[Matt Roy and Jake Gingell played there], and
                        Forward Colin Grannary playing for Merritt where Gavin Gould is playing now and Devin Kero and Dane Birks came from there.
                        Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

So was there a full Mel Pearson Show this week?
                          I see no mention of it on twitter...very disappointing if true.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                            I already related the only interesting tidbit from the second half of the show. Here's my guess for what was discussed in the first half:

-We're on the ice a little bit. Everyone looks good. They're ready for the season to begin, no question.
                            -Tyler Shelast is doing a great job getting everyone into game shape.
                            -Coach Shuchuk is here. He's excited for the season to begin, no question.
                            -Petan and Watson are co-captains. We're looking for strong leadership to replace Kero and Pietila, no question.
                            -We lost some scoring, so we'll need returning players to step up, plus some contributions from freshmen, no question.
                            -No, Dirk, I don't know who's going to play on the power play yet.
                            -Yes, Dirk, thank you for your weekly mention of Jimmy Davis. He's still here, he's still a great kid. He might get into some games.
                            -We're taking Laurentian seriously, they're a good hockey team.
                            -Ticket sales have been good. Get them now.
                            -It's getting colder outside. Hockey season is just around the corner.

Comment

I already related the only interesting tidbit from the second half of the show. Here's my guess for what was discussed in the first half:

-We're on the ice a little bit. Everyone looks good. They're ready for the season to begin, no question.
                              -Tyler Shelast is doing a great job getting everyone into game shape.
                              -Coach Shuchuk is here. He's excited for the season to begin, no question.
                              -Petan and Watson are co-captains. We're looking for strong leadership to replace Kero and Pietila, no question.
                              -We lost some scoring, so we'll need returning players to step up, plus some contributions from freshmen, no question.
                              -No, Dirk, I don't know who's going to play on the power play yet.
                              -Yes, Dirk, thank you for your weekly mention of Jimmy Davis. He's still here, he's still a great kid. He might get into some games.
                              -We're taking Laurentian seriously, they're a good hockey team.
                              -Ticket sales have been good. Get them now.
                              -It's getting colder outside. Hockey season is just around the corner.
                              Thanks, just making sure before I complain about the complete lack of mention or promotion.

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                                I think there was an mtuhky tweet Monday morning about 5 mins after the show started, saying it's back for 2015-16 listen live on Mix 93. The only problem is I didn't look at Twitter until later in the day, so missed the show and so far no podcast.

A little warning that it's back for the season would've been nice.

Comment

Working...
                                X