Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech 2015 off-season I: Building on what we've learned...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 2015 off-season I: Building on what we've learned...

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
    $129.99 for a season pass...
    Hey Shirtless where are you getting this info? I have been to the WCHA site and it says more info later. I thought I would get a headsip since I got it last year, but nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by ColoToot View Post
      Hey Shirtless where are you getting this info? I have been to the WCHA site and it says more info later. I thought I would get a headsip since I got it last year, but nothing.
      Stretch Internet has the information out on their site if you know where to look (I think Shirtless got it on the WCHA TV thread). The league hasn't put out a release about it, though, and won't until later this month. I've heard about a team-specific pass, and that's not on Stretch's site, so I'm not 100% sure that their page is correct. I'm going to guess that they'll release the pricing this coming week or early the next. The coaches' call is on the 21st.

GFM
      Geof F. Morris
      UAH BSE MAE 2002
      UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by ColoToot View Post
        http://portal.stretchinternet.com/wcha/

If you click on any live event it will bring up the order screen with the (3) payment options.

Comment

So Tech has their count down going on to the start of the season and today they reach 25. They featured Chris Conner, one of the great players ever to put on a Huskies sweater and someone who has had a legit career playing pro hockey at nearly the highest level... and this is the photo they decided to use. I'm pretty sure you could head down to the local rink on beginner hockey night and get much the same photo. Full on tongue out, ankle bender, eyes wide open... I laughed out loud when I first saw the photo.

Ryan J

Last edited by JohnsonsJerseys; 09-14-2015, 05:06 PM.
          Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
          https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
          Originally posted by geezer
          Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
          Originally posted by manurespreader
          ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
            So Tech has their count down going on to the start of the season and today they reach 25. They featured Chris Conner, one of the great players ever to put on a Huskies sweater and someone who has had a legit career playing pro hockey at nearly the highest level... and this is the photo they decided to use. I'm pretty sure you could head down to the local rink on beginner hockey night and get much the same photo. Full on tongue out, ankle bender, eyes wide open... I laughed out loud when I first saw the photo.

Ryan J

He had a few goals against northern. No pictures of those?

Comment

Originally posted by Broseph Stalin View Post
              He had a few goals against northern. No pictures of those?
              Speaking of northern they will now be serving beer and wine at their sporting events. $$$$$

Comment

Matt Wintjes' new bucket just finished up in paint yesterday (no photos of the backplate yet) - the team is looking good and we are not even on the ice yet!
                Ryan J

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                  $129.99 for a season pass...
                  $90 for the single team option, however it does NOT include the playoffs or Final Five games, even if the team you choose is playing in them. Which in my opinion makes the single team option pointless if you plan to be in the Final Five. I'm sure they're going to want at least $25 (can't remember what they charged last year) for the playoffs, so for an extra $15 you can see the full league. Based on that, the pricing points make no sense to me.
                  Ryan J

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                    $90 for the single team option, however it does NOT include the playoffs or Final Five games, even if the team you choose is playing in them. Which in my opinion makes the single team option pointless if you plan to be in the Final Five. I'm sure they're going to want at least $25 (can't remember what they charged last year) for the playoffs, so for an extra $15 you can see the full league. Based on that, the pricing points make no sense to me.
                    Ryan J
                    It's not pointless if you plan on going to the final five, not to mention I assume it will be on FSN again?
                    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Northern and Lake State have realized that hockey and beer make a good combo and will generate additional revenue. Just a matter of time before the same happens here.

Comment

...and the final piece.

Comment

This is an older news story, but the first I saw it today. It touches briefly on his time at Tech with a few still images.
                          Ducks Weekly: The inspiring story of Mitch Lane
                          http://www.foxsports.com/west/video/...ch-lane-111214

It hit home with me because Mitch was a Husky (and a Laker) during my time at Tech. A few years ago I helped him obtain one of his old Laker throwback jerseys for his collection. Mitch's jersey was easy to pick out because his jersey was made with the "A" and "E" of "Lakers" both upside-down and sewn on in the wrong locations. Hopefully in the future he'll look back at the last couple years as just a little bump in the road of life.

Mitch Lane (MTU 1992-94, LSSU 1995-97)

Comment

Two weeks from tomorrow... Michigan Tech Hockey!
                            Ryan J

Comment

The BCHL season is underway already ready and Gavin Gould leads all scorers with 7 points after 3 games. Jake Kauppila is also in top 20 of scoring
                              Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Bought the full WCHA.TV package for the first time in a couple of years. Fingers crossed that I can stream an acceptable product to the 42" in my living room. Here's to hoping.

Comment

Working...
                                X