Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech 2015 off-season I: Building on what we've learned...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 2015 off-season I: Building on what we've learned...

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
    According to Schlossman, Michigan Tech will offer cost of attendance money to scholarship athletes in Hockey...
    Oh man, now we're going to be one of those teams. Cost of attendance is just the beginning trying to get these "blue chip" players...

"What, wasn't there some of the other kids, what'd we give 'em? What? Cars? Tractors? Gave a kid a TRACTOR? Another kid we gave a HOUSE. Didn't we give him a house? You know, BAGS OF CASH, I don't know what we gave these kids...You know, they asked for things, we gave it to 'em. I mean, you guys asked me to win, and I gave that to you!..."

I'm providing the video clue as some of you might not have been born when this was popular...

Ryan J
    Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
    https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
    Originally posted by geezer
    Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
    Originally posted by manurespreader
    ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by Critical Thinker View Post
      With good reason- the whole point of COA is to screw schools like UAH out of good recruits so schools like Ohio State can keep underachieving with better talent. MTU may have voluntarily accepted it, but I'm sure it feels more like getting dragged kicking and screaming.
      I'm not sure I entirely agree with that. I tend to think that a vast majority of recruits who pick a school, in part, for the COA stipend, were already leaning towards big-spender schools in the first place. While I won't pretend that MTU is a big school with a lot of chicks (BGSU, in comparison, might as well be 'Bama ), it is obvious over the past few years that we're committed to spending whatever it takes to remain at the top of the WCHA.

Comment

Remember when Auburn got caught giving the father of the QB 250k and he said his son knew nothing about it
        Right
        MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by Critical Thinker View Post
          With good reason- the whole point of COA is to screw schools like UAH out of good recruits so schools like Ohio State can keep underachieving with better talent. MTU may have voluntarily accepted it, but I'm sure it feels more like getting dragged kicking and screaming.
          How many players on UAH's current roster do you think had an equal-money offer to Ohio State?
          Originally posted by dicaslover
          Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
          Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
            How many players on UAH's current roster do you think had an equal-money offer to Ohio State?
            I don't think the Ohio State side of the equation is wrong but I do think UAH as it currently stands isn't the right team to mention on the other side...I do think Minnesota State vs Ohio State is a good comparison.
            Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Current roster? Probably none. But with the way they're rebuilding, I think UAH will be near OSU in PWR within a few seasons. Then I could see OSU using COA to try and steal away recruits.
              BGSU Class of 2017

Comment

New commitment

https://twitter.com/hockeycommits/st...46624131346432
                "The top three worst things I've seen in hockey? The invention of the trap. The invention of the morning skate. And the invention of the extremely ugly uniform."

—Brett Hull

Comment

Originally posted by eye4talent View Post
                  hmm, that one is interesting. He's already 20 so he'll need to come in next year, and we don't have alot of room that soon. Must be an issue with the Center position?
                  Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by eye4talent View Post
                    The next Mike Neville, I'll bet. Seems to be more of a shooter though. He's wearing the C for the Buzzers this year.

Comment

The chances are that the only guys who would be swayed by this are the kids who move from the NAHL into the USHL for their last year or two of juniors. Max McHugh committed verbally before moving to Dubuque (we knew that he was moving up), and he resisted all sorts of peer pressure to de-commit (e.g., "You're better than them," etc. — what happened to J Marooney). That said, is McHugh the kind of kid that the Bucks will go after? Probably no, because they'd say that he was too small, etc.

UAH has a while to go yet before we're competing for student-athletes with B1G schools again, like we did when Scott Munroe came here when Ryan Miller stayed another year in EL. But I feel like that day will come ... but man, COA sure as heck would help.

GFM <— bringing it full circle
                      Geof F. Morris
                      UAH BSE MAE 2002
                      UAHHockey.com

Comment

Looks like the intrasquad game will be available on the New (and hopefully improved) WCHA TV!!!

http://portal.stretchinternet.com/wcha/

Comment

Originally posted by rustedblades View Post
                          Looks like the intrasquad game will be available on the New (and hopefully improved) WCHA TV!!!

http://portal.stretchinternet.com/wcha/
                          $129.99 for a season pass...

Comment

Noticed a hockey practice/skate going on today. And a bunch of spectators, along the rail. It makes everything better.

Thomas Beretta... Great name.
                            Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                            USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                              $129.99 for a season pass...
                              Is that the price for the whole WCHA or Tech only?
                              Ryan J
                              Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                              https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                              Originally posted by geezer
                              Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                              Originally posted by manurespreader
                              ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                                Is that the price for the whole WCHA or Tech only?
                                Ryan J
                                Whole I believe.

Comment

Working...
                                X