Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech 2015 off-season I: Building on what we've learned...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 2015 off-season I: Building on what we've learned...

New jerseys have been posted. I can't really complain, but I always hope for more. A celebration of 95 seasons sure would have made a nice touch - one of the many things that makes Tech unique is our long history.
    Ryan J

Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
    https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
    Originally posted by geezer
    Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
    Originally posted by manurespreader
    ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
      New jerseys have been posted. I can't really complain, but I always hope for more. A celebration of 95 seasons sure would have made a nice touch - one of the many things that makes Tech unique is our long history.
      Ryan J

I know we have the history and all but 95th season doesn't seem like something to celebrate, especially with 100 so close, 25 and 75 maybe but we don't need a patch every 5 years just because we've been around. I feel like a patch on the 2s to celebrate 62 and another on the 5s to celebrate the 65 or 75 titles makes sense.
      Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
        we don't need a patch every 5 years just because we've been around.
        True, I just think it's a nice way to mark the time. Hockey East does it league wide every 5 years. In recent years the patches covered over the league logo so after the season is over they cut them off and the teams can reuse the jerseys with the plain logo. And five years might not seem that long, but when you consider an entire class of players can come and go during that time, it's a while. You're a married guy, you know you can't go 25 years between celebrating anniversaries... ;-) Ha ha.
        Ryan J

Comment

That's a bit silly. Vermont used to be an ECAC team, they certainly haven't been in "Hocky Rast" for 30 years.

New whites are alright. Can't say I'm thrilled with the "Michigan Tech Bruins" knockoff look on more than one jersey.
          Last edited by FadeToBlack&Gold; 09-04-2015, 02:23 PM.

Comment

has anyone posted yet about the Desert Hockey Classic being held in the Coyotes Arena? plenty of tickets.
            Originally posted by mtu_huskies
            "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
            Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
            Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Alright folks, Labor Day is behind us so no more wearing white (except at home games, and only during the first half of the season) and it's time once again to get serious about COLLEGE HOCKEY! We have but 25 days until the noble quest to fulfill the words of the prophet Scott begins...
              Go Tech!
              Ryan J
              "We are not too far away from a national championship," - John Scott

Comment

According to Schlossman, Michigan Tech will offer cost of attendance money to scholarship athletes in Hockey. That is certainly good news for the program. I believe they are the first school in WCHA to make that announcement?

EDIT: Apparently BGSU has said they would do cost of attendance.
                Last edited by Shirtless Guy; 09-09-2015, 03:25 PM.
                Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

According to Schlossman, Michigan Tech will offer cost of attendance money to scholarship athletes in Hockey. That is certainly good news for the program. I believe they are the first school in WCHA to make that announcement?

But, we're not like-minded?
                  Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

According to Schlossman, Michigan Tech will offer cost of attendance money to scholarship athletes in Hockey. That is certainly good news for the program.
                    Yes, it is.

Comment

I would presume our COA would be greater than most given the cost of travel to and from the U.P.
                      Originally posted by SCSU Euro
                      What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Originally posted by Flashy Man View Post
                        I would presume our COA would be greater than most given the cost of travel to and from the U.P.
                        Very glad we are doing it. Pretty much required however.
                        MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Indeed, BGSU is offering CoA for all sports.
                          http://www.bcsn.tv/news_article/show/530967
                          Bowling Green St. Univ. '88 SUNY Potsdam '79

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                            Very glad we are doing it. Pretty much required however.
                            I wouldn't say it's required to remain competitive per se, but it certainly helps us stay in the race for the kind of recruits that put a program over the top.

Comment

I'm jealous.

GFM
                              Geof F. Morris
                              UAH BSE MAE 2002
                              UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                                I'm jealous.

GFM
                                With good reason- the whole point of COA is to screw schools like UAH out of good recruits so schools like Ohio State can keep underachieving with better talent. MTU may have voluntarily accepted it, but I'm sure it feels more like getting dragged kicking and screaming.
                                BGSU Class of 2017

Comment

Working...
                                X