Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech 2015 off-season I: Building on what we've learned...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 2015 off-season I: Building on what we've learned...

The Hockey Reunion is this weekend at Tech. I wonder if they will be introducing the new coach before or at the event?
    Ryan J
    Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
    https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
    Originally posted by geezer
    Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
    Originally posted by manurespreader
    ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
      The Hockey Reunion is this weekend at Tech. I wonder if they will be introducing the new coach before or at the event?
      Ryan J
      Right now: .@mtuhky_pearson has breaking news to announce live on http://Pasty.net with @DHembroff at 9:45 a.m. Be sure to tune in! #mtuhky
      (click on WKMJ 93 FM)

Gary Shuchuk Fired at WI for calling Wisconsin fans "idiots."
      "Real hockey people know what's going on," Shuchuk told the paper. "The idiot fans out there that just care about the wins and losses and all that stuff, they don't understand what's happening."
      Last edited by geezer; 08-05-2015, 08:59 AM.
      Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
      USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
        Right now: .@mtuhky_pearson has breaking news to announce live on http://Pasty.net with @DHembroff at 9:45 a.m. Be sure to tune in! #mtuhky
        (click on WKMJ 93 FM)

I was just going to bring up that quote...interesting.
        Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

• Originally posted by geezer View Post
          (click on WKMJ 93 FM)

He's a perfect fit for Tech.
          tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
            Because of the idiot fans, or were you being serious? I don't know anything about him.
            Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
              Here is the full quote.

"Real hockey people know what's going on," Shuchuk told the paper. "The idiot fans out there that just care about the wins and losses and all that stuff, they don't understand what's happening."

We'll be fine in Houghton because we're all real hockey people
              Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

• Originally posted by geezer View Post
                Because of the idiot fans, or were you being serious? I don't know anything about him.
                Idiot fans.

I keed I keed.
                tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Since he's now on staff, I have to disavow earlier negative judgments of his temperament and point out that during the most trying times at UW, he was 100% loyal to the players against the slings and arrows of the outraged idiot Wisconsin fans. Surely that loyalty speaks well of his character... right?

Comment

A prophet is never welcomed in his own state when he speaks the truth... because the truth hurts.
                    Ryan J

Comment

Did son Alex play at all last year? Be interesting to see if he transfers, and if so, if he will be able to earn any ice time at Tech.

Comment

I don't think he could make the Tech roster. He only put up 6 pts in 39 games his last season in the NAHL as a 20 year old. Doesn't seem like D-I material to me. Not to mention if he couldn't crack that gosh awful Badgers roster last season, he has no chance with Tech.
                        Ryan J
                        Last edited by JohnsonsJerseys; 08-05-2015, 09:33 AM.

Comment

Since he's now on staff, I have to disavow earlier negative judgments of his temperament and point out that during the most trying times at UW, he was 100% loyal to the players against the slings and arrows of the outraged idiot Wisconsin fans. Surely that loyalty speaks well of his character... right?
                          I'm not sure what it says about him personally, but I'm glad we got a coach who is willing to speak his opinion. Good replacement for Bill in that regard anyway. BTW, couldn't we have photoshopped a Tech necktie into that photo rather than the Bucky noose he's wearing??
                          Ryan J

Comment

(click on WKMJ 93 FM)

I wouldn't say that's the reason he was fired. Eades cleaned the whole house after last year... with the exception of himself. Personally I'm naturally suspicious of anyone that wears badger red...
                            MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

Originally posted by stuckinwi View Post
                              I wouldn't say that's the reason he was fired. Eades cleaned the whole house after last year... with the exception of himself. Personally I'm naturally suspicious of anyone that wears badger red...
                              You're right, I should have said "after calling...", not "for calling." It wasn't the reason, but it did fuel the lynch mob.
                              I'm somewhat surprised Eaves is still hanging on... there's not a lot going right in WI nowadays.

Comment

You're right, I should have said "after calling...", not "for calling." It wasn't the reason, but it did fuel the lynch mob.
                                I'm somewhat surprised Eaves is still hanging on... there's not a lot going right in WI nowadays.
                                Yeah, it's actually sad to see. I mean I LOVE seeing them lose as I have plenty of friends down here that are big fans, but they should not be that bad.
                                MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

Working...
                                X