Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech 2015 off-season I: Building on what we've learned...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 2015 off-season I: Building on what we've learned...

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
    The Michigan Tech fan base is +1. Congrats to Tim and Lisa and their new baby girl Johannah Pearl.
    Ryan J
    my congrats too! yes, we have another beautiful little husky fan!
    Originally posted by mtu_huskies
    "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
    Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
    Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Thanks,
      Everyone is doing fine, we took baby Johannah Pearle home this morning from the hospital and her big sister, Maddie (our dog) was so excited to meet her. They are all resting at home with my mom there to help out, while I return to work this afternoon.
      Last edited by Shirtless Guy; 07-22-2015, 04:26 PM.
      Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Congrats, Tim!

GFM
        Geof F. Morris
        UAH BSE MAE 2002
        UAHHockey.com

Comment

Congrats Tim! Be sure to have the talk about appropriate times for shirtlessness ASAP.
          Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
          USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
            I just figured you wouldn't do a bunch of video work using a jersey style you do not plan to wear next season. Yes, I suppose they could be ordering a new set of the exact same jerseys, but that would be even more blah. That would pretty much say it will be at least 2-3 years before any potential changes to the home design.
            Ryan J
            Well, they did order white jerseys, no idea if there were changes made but they did.
            Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
              Well, they did order white jerseys, no idea if there were changes made but they did.
              I dropped a hint to Mel that a 95th patch was in order for this season (even offered to design it), but didn't get a reply. I'm sure they look at it as just another couple hundred dollars they could save for something else, but when you have a program that is 75, 80, 85, 90, 95 years old and the best you can come up with is the design below and then nothing for 20 years... that's not making much of an effort. UNO played hockey for 10 years and came up with a patch that was 10 times better... And don't get me started on those gosh awful WCHA 50th anniv patches....
              Ryan J

Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
              https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
              Originally posted by geezer
              Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
              Originally posted by manurespreader
              ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Happy birthday Tanner Kero, who turns 23 today.

Comment

Questions for those in the know....

Is Lucchini Tech's best offensively skilled recruit of the Pearson era?
                  How to keep all the forwards happy this year, seems we have 5 extras that can play roles?
                  Who plays with Eick and Neville, P. Anderson seems slotted for a defensive water bug on RW.
                  Will Boeing be too good to leave out of the lineup?
                  Will Mason Blacklock grab the 1st line center spot.
                  Will Jackson, E. Anderson, Steman, Blacklock, and Neville be the centers in no particular order?
                  Will this be the year to take back the MacNaughton?

Comment

Originally posted by Huskiefan906 View Post
                    Questions for those in the know.... Will this be the year to take back the MacNaughton?
                    Yes. (But this is what we think every summer.)
                    Ryan J

Comment

that's what I'm living for.
                      Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                      "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                      Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                      Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Interesting article about WCHA coaches salaries.

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/wcha...pearson-buyout
                        "The top three worst things I've seen in hockey? The invention of the trap. The invention of the morning skate. And the invention of the extremely ugly uniform."

—Brett Hull

Comment

It's been deathly quiet on the assistant coach recruitment front. Has anybody seen any candidates about campus? I've got to think that the interview process is well underway.

Comment

Originally posted by UpNorthHockey View Post
                            It's been deathly quiet on the assistant coach recruitment front. Has anybody seen any candidates about campus? I've got to think that the interview process is well underway.
                            I'm sure it is, why wouldn't it be quiet? I was last time. You're not going to hear much more than rumors since every candidate should currently have a position somewhere whether its with another NCAA program or in a junior league somewhere.

Questions for those in the know....

Is Lucchini Tech's best offensively skilled recruit of the Pearson era?
                            How to keep all the forwards happy this year, seems we have 5 extras that can play roles?
                            Who plays with Eick and Neville, P. Anderson seems slotted for a defensive water bug on RW.
                            Will Boeing be too good to leave out of the lineup?
                            Will Mason Blacklock grab the 1st line center spot.
                            Will Jackson, E. Anderson, Steman, Blacklock, and Neville be the centers in no particular order?
                            It's hard to say...Lucchini compares quite a bit with Petan. In Alex's last year of juniors he finished with 38-50-88 in 55 games as a 19 yo
                            Lucchini was 35-48-83 in 58 games as a 19 yo. The nice thing about Lucchini is he's listed at 6' instead of Petan's 5'-9"
                            He certainly seems like he should come in and be a talent on offense.

Eick & Neville? I have no idea, not sure about Anderson though...
                            Boeing? Yes I think he should be in the starting lineup until proven otherwise...
                            Blacklock? Center will be interesting. I wouldn't be surprised to see L'Esperance moved back to Center where he played in Juniors and if that happens, he could grab the top spot.
                            More on Centers...I've got Steman, L'Esperance, Neville and Jackson at top 4 centers right now in no particular order...
                            MacNaughton - You saying it that way makes me think like Michigan Tech has been the Pinky & the Brain of the WCHA for a long time...what are we going to try and this season Brain? The same thing we try and do every season Pinky, bring the MacNaughton home!

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                              I'm sure it is, why wouldn't it be quiet? I was last time. You're not going to hear much more than rumors since every candidate should currently have a position somewhere whether its with another NCAA program or in a junior league somewhere.

It's hard to say...Lucchini compares quite a bit with Petan. In Alex's last year of juniors he finished with 38-50-88 in 55 games as a 19 yo
                              Lucchini was 35-48-83 in 58 games as a 19 yo. The nice thing about Lucchini is he's listed at 6' instead of Petan's 5'-9"
                              He certainly seems like he should come in and be a talent on offense.

Eick & Neville? I have no idea, not sure about Anderson though...
                              Boeing? Yes I think he should be in the starting lineup until proven otherwise...
                              Blacklock? Center will be interesting. I wouldn't be surprised to see L'Esperance moved back to Center where he played in Juniors and if that happens, he could grab the top spot.
                              More on Centers...I've got Steman, L'Esperance, Neville and Jackson at top 4 centers right now in no particular order...
                              MacNaughton - You saying it that way makes me think like Michigan Tech has been the Pinky & the Brain of the WCHA for a long time...what are we going to try and this season Brain? The same thing we try and do every season Pinky, bring the MacNaughton home!
                              I know they are in a hurry to get someone on board.
                              I think that Steman or Neville will be our top two centermen. Then we'll see.

I'm also wondering when we will start giving the full cost of attendance money to players.
                              MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                                I'm also wondering when we will start giving the full cost of attendance money to players.
                                So... an extra $112.79 per year for snacks? This is Houghton were talking about. Its a fairly inexpensive place to live / attend.
                                Ryan

Comment

Working...
                                X