Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech 2015 off-season I: Building on what we've learned...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 2015 off-season I: Building on what we've learned...

The pride of Michigan Tech Hockey, known to some people as "John Scott", has been signed by the Coyotes who I guess need some muscle to protect their young guns. I hope this means he's working his way east and might end up wearing the winged wheel. One can only hope.

Comment

Originally posted by Broseph Stalin View Post
      I hope this means he's working his way east and might end up wearing the winged wheel. One can only hope.
      Um, how about no. Thanks!

Seriously, Scott a Red Wing? Never going to happen. And if it did, I would be the first to demand Holland's resignation.

Comment

The pride of Michigan Tech Hockey, known to some people as "John Scott", has been signed by the Coyotes who I guess need some muscle to protect their young guns. I hope this means he's working his way east and might end up wearing the winged wheel. One can only hope.
        That would be amazing.

Coming from a die hard Red Wing hater.
        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
          That would be amazing.

Coming from a die hard Red Wing hater.
          You mean I'm not the only one?

Them: "So who's your favorite hockey team?"
          Me: "The Michigan Tech Huskies."
          Them: "No, I mean a real team."
          Me: "Oh, I see. A collegiate program with tradition and history doesn't count. Well, in that case, whoever's playing the Red Wings. For some reason, I really like cheering against Detroit."
          Them: "You mean you don't have a favorite hockey team?"
          Me: "My favorite team is the Huskies..."

Comment

If anyone wants Kero's first pro jersey, his AHL Rockford practice jersey is currently on Ebay.
            http://www.ebay.com/itm/271924915341
            Ryan J
            Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
            https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
            Originally posted by geezer
            Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
            Originally posted by manurespreader
            ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

YES!!! of yes! we are spending the winter in Arizona!
              Originally posted by mtu_huskies
              "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
              Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
              Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by eye4talent View Post
                The Mel Pearson radio show will be taped tomorrow for Monday broadcast. Email any questions to Dirk prior to 10:00 a.m. tomorrow
                Where did you hear this? I can't find anything?
                Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                  Show aired at 10am this morning. Happened to be listening prior so I knew it was coming on. They never indicated that it was pre-recorded but they talked about Muckalts send off happening "yesterday" and Hietala's wedding coming up.

Really suprised there was nothing on the web site, facebook or twitter? Hopefully they archive it on the web site as I missed bits and pieces due to work obligation.

Comment

I was back home in the Copper Country last week for vacation. Dirk mentioned it on the radio Wednesday or Thursday morning that the show would be taped and broadcast Monday. That's why I posted it in the forum last Thursday, because I figured most wouldn't know about it.
                    Last edited by eye4talent; 07-13-2015, 01:13 PM.
                    "The top three worst things I've seen in hockey? The invention of the trap. The invention of the morning skate. And the invention of the extremely ugly uniform."

—Brett Hull

Comment

It's up:
                      http://www.michigantechhuskies.com/m...l_Pearson_Show

I can't believe how quiet they have been about this one. I asked about it on twitter and no response, but it's posted now...Why wouldn't they want to promote this?

Very strange.
                      Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

And the family commitments continue.

Carver Watson just tweeted his commitment to Michigan Tech today. I believe he was in town checking out campus this weekend (as mentioned in today's MPS).

I believe he is the youngest of the Watson brothers. Already have Cliff and Cooper committed in November 2013 and is likely to come in for the 2016-17 season.

Comment

A couple key items I caught on the MP show, the games in AZ are now Friday and SUNDAY. Hope no one booked their return flight for Sunday afternoon...
                          Sound like Jimmy Davis is officially "back" for 2015-16...
                          Things are tremendous.
                          Ryan J
                          Last edited by JohnsonsJerseys; 07-13-2015, 07:28 PM.
                          Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                          https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                          Originally posted by geezer
                          Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                          Originally posted by manurespreader
                          ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Also we will play uconn in the first game in arizona.. assuming it does indeed happen, given the arena problems.
                            MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

What I inferred from today's MPS about the asst coach search:

1. Mel had several guys in mind shortly after Muckalt gave his notice
                              2. 1-3 of those guys will be apply and probably be the top candidate(s)
                              3. They're planning to move fairly quickly on this, and the new assistant will likely be announced the first week of August

Comment

And the family commitments continue.

Carver Watson just tweeted his commitment to Michigan Tech today. I believe he was in town checking out campus this weekend (as mentioned in today's MPS).

I believe he is the youngest of the Watson brothers. Already have Cliff and Cooper committed in November 2013 and is likely to come in for the 2016-17 season.

And according to the folks I've talked with, he is the most talented of the brothers. Great get.
                                "The top three worst things I've seen in hockey? The invention of the trap. The invention of the morning skate. And the invention of the extremely ugly uniform."

—Brett Hull

Comment

Working...
                                X