Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech 2015 off-season I: Building on what we've learned...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 2015 off-season I: Building on what we've learned...

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    If we're changing the name, I vote we go with Widowmakers. Plus, then we'd have an official beer, along with a tie in to Copper Country history.
    Michigan Tech Miners would be most appropriate. The logo could be crossed pick axes and the mascot would look like MSU's Sparty with a lighted hardhat and carry a pick ax. He could throw pasties into the crowd...
    "Don't believe everything you read on the Internet"
    Abe Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by Burnt Orange Husky View Post
      There sure are a lot of "Husky" teams. Maybe we should take that Michigan fan's suggestion and switch to the Bears... I think U of Maine is the only Bear school with a hockey team.
      Brown is also the Bears, and despite their nickname officially being the Big Red Cornell uses a bear in all their imagery. And we've already got the Alaska Nanooks in the WCHA. The next one would be the 5th, making it the most used nickname/image in college hockey (there are 4 Wildcats/Catamounts/Bobcats, 3 Tigers, and 3 Bulldogs).

Considering that Michigan tech was the first college hockey team to use "Huskies" (1919 as opposed to 1929 for N'Eastern and 1931 for SCSU), this is either some kind of gag or the most inane suggestion yet. Especially since the root idea came from a skunk fan.
      Last edited by John J. MacInnes; 06-04-2015, 11:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
        there are 4 Wildcats/Catamounts/Bobcats, 3 Tigers, and 3 Bulldogs
        For those keeping score at home...
        Cats - NMU, Vermont, QU, UNH
        Tigers - CC, RIT, Princeton
        Bulldogs - UMD, Yale, Ferris
        Huskies - MTU, SCSU, U-Conn, Northeastern

Just imagine if the old CCHA and WCHA had merged
        Two huskies, two bulldogs, two mavericks... deuces wild.
        Ryan J
        Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
        https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
        Originally posted by geezer
        Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
        Originally posted by manurespreader
        ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnt Orange Husky View Post
          Michigan Tech Miners would be most appropriate. The logo could be crossed pick axes and the mascot would look like MSU's Sparty with a lighted hardhat and carry a pick ax. He could throw pasties into the crowd...

ha ha. that's a great idea. Crossed pick axes would be cool.
          "The top three worst things I've seen in hockey? The invention of the trap. The invention of the morning skate. And the invention of the extremely ugly uniform."

—Brett Hull

Comment

Originally posted by eye4talent View Post
            With hockey sticks on the handle end...

Comment

For those of you in the UP from Newberry west, Tech and NMU have re-upped with TV6 to televise all four hockey games between the two schools in the 2015-16 season. The deal will also include the football game, men's and women's basketball, and volleyball contests on TV as well. Most games will air on FoxUP 6.2, with the slight possibly of moving to the main TV6 6.1 signal or the new 6.3 "GRIT" subchannel.

Comment

• Originally posted by eye4talent View Post
                Similar to the MQT Rangers alt logo?
                http://sportslogopundit.blogspot.com/2006/03/marquette-rangers.html?m=1
                “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
                  For those of you in the UP from Newberry west, Tech and NMU have re-upped with TV6 to televise all four hockey games between the two schools in the 2015-16 season. The deal will also include the football game, men's and women's basketball, and volleyball contests on TV as well. Most games will air on FoxUP 6.2, with the slight possibly of moving to the main TV6 6.1 signal or the new 6.3 "GRIT" subchannel.
                  About ****ed time.
                  MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

Thank you to all who've help out and supported us over the last five years.
                    http://www.techhockeyguide.com/2015/...ome-to-an-end/
                    Originally posted by SCSU Euro
                    What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Originally posted by Flashy Man View Post
                      Mission accomplished
                      MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

A lot of stick taps on the ice for you guys and the effort that was made over the last few years. I only partially understand the level of effort required to keep a web site like THG going. By comparison my site is pretty much archival in nature - no dynamic content, no deadlines, I do what I want and I get to it when I can. However THG was so much more with content that was dynamic, timely and utilized some of the great web technology that is available today to interact visitors and fans. If something about Friday's game wasn't up by Sunday morning, folks wondered if the staff had fallen down a well. If I don't post a new jersey for six months, no one is going to bat an eyelash. Far more pressure on THG to be fresh and timely...

So we know that some of the staff will be spending their time with "Baby B." and the only real question left to be asked is will the other half of the staff be spending their free time working on their netminding skills or a "Baby M."

In closing I have to agree that if the goal was to push Tech to promote the team like a true D-I operation, then you absolutely made that happen. (I'm not sure if you can take credit for the HD videoboard getting put up, but pretty much everything we see today I think they learned from you guys.)

I'm really hoping that next season Tech will pick up the live chat feature through their website with Muckalt moderating AND posting from the bench. Maybe get him one of those voice to text headsets. We can dream right?

Ryan J

Comment

Originally posted by stuckinwi View Post
                          Mission accomplished

Similar, but Tech Hockey Guide ACTUALLY DID succeed before it was declared.
                          Ryan J

Comment

A huge thank you to all those who gave their time for the THG. I certainly enjoyed reading it.
                            Go Huskies!
                            MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Thank you.
                              "The top three worst things I've seen in hockey? The invention of the trap. The invention of the morning skate. And the invention of the extremely ugly uniform."

—Brett Hull

Comment

Enjoyed it Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X