Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech 2015 off-season I: Building on what we've learned...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 2015 off-season I: Building on what we've learned...

Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
    Actually, Tech led last year, too, according to what the WCHA posts. http://www.wcha.com/men/statistics/1314/oaattend.php
    The WCHA uses total attendance to determine attendance "champion," including neutral site games. That said Tech's home attendance was up by almost 600 per game this year http://www.wcha.com/men/statistics/1415/oaattend.php so winning does help.
    The 2013-14 season is skewed heavily with the inclusion of the outdoor GLI attendance at Comerica Park. Bemidji averaged 3562 for home games, Minnesota State drew almost 3450, compared to 2885 for Tech. The Huskies did in fact have the biggest jump in average home attendance, just nipping MSU in that category.

I also found it interesting that only Fairbanks and Bemidji averaged a higher attendance at home than on the road in 2013-14. Last season, only MSU and BGSU did that.
    Last edited by John J. MacInnes; 05-27-2015, 08:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
      The 2013-14 season is skewed heavily with the inclusion of the outdoor GLI attendance at Comerica Park. Bemidji averaged 3562 for home games, Minnesota State drew almost 3450, compared to 2885 for Tech. The Huskies did in fact have the biggest jump in average home attendance, just nipping MSU in that category.

I also found it interesting that only Fairbanks and Bemidji averaged a higher attendance at home than on the road in 2013-14. Last season, only MSU and BGSU did that.
      I found it interesting (Strange might be a better word) that Bemidji led the conference in road attendance in 2014-2015. Are they that fascinating to watch?

Comment

Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
        I found it interesting (Strange might be a better word) that Bemidji led the conference in road attendance in 2014-2015. Are they that fascinating to watch?
        Well they played AT North Dakota and 2 @ Minnesota so that drives up the average?
        Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
          Well they played AT North Dakota and 2 @ Minnesota so that drives up the average?
          OK, that makes sense. I forgot the 2 Gopher games. I was only thinking in terms of conference games.

Comment

I think at the Tech games, at least during the russell years, there were a lot of phantom fans. now they are real fans, so the difference is even more stark. Second, I was told by several people that at the end they were giving up their season tickets. Remember the attendance a the UND games at the end of the year a few years ago.

Having said that, I think there is too much standing room and not enough real seats.
            MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

I would like to let all of you know that something horrible happen to the Huskies family on May 17th 2015 in Whistler, BC.

If any of you heard about the stabbing to death of a young man during the Canadian long weekend earlier this month, you'll be shocked to know that the victim of this horrible act was the younger Brother of former Husky, Milos Gordic.

Luka Gordic was only 19 years old.

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/van...?pid=174922107

https://www.facebook.com/justiceforlukagordic
              http://globalnews.ca/news/2018911/mo...r-luka-gordic/
              Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

What a shock, the seller is from Ann Arbor...
                Ryan J

Get it now on Ebay, a "Michigan Tech Bears shirt".
                This is an auction for a man's Hockey Shirt size XXL. It is new without tags.
                It measures 33" from nape to hem. The sleeves are 28" long ...
                the measurement across the front is 28". The MTU is on the left sleeve.
                There is a bear on the front.

Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                Originally posted by geezer
                Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                Originally posted by manurespreader
                ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                  What a shock, the seller is from Ann Arbor...
                  Ryan J

Get it now on Ebay, a "Michigan Tech Bears shirt".
                  This is an auction for a man's Hockey Shirt size XXL. It is new without tags.
                  It measures 33" from nape to hem. The sleeves are 28" long ...
                  the measurement across the front is 28". The MTU is on the left sleeve.
                  There is a bear on the front.

Piano Bear > Piano Dog
                  It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

The Blake Pietila signing is finally public knowledge and posted on the Tech hockey and NJ Devils web sites today.
                    http://devils.nhl.com/club/news.htm?...id=DL|NJD|home

Ryan J

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                      I would like to let all of you know that something horrible happen to the Huskies family on May 17th 2015 in Whistler, BC.

If any of you heard about the stabbing to death of a young man during the Canadian long weekend earlier this month, you'll be shocked to know that the victim of this horrible act was the younger Brother of former Husky, Milos Gordic.

Luka Gordic was only 19 years old.

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/van...?pid=174922107

https://www.facebook.com/justiceforlukagordic
                      http://globalnews.ca/news/2018911/mo...r-luka-gordic/
                      Really sorry to hear this. Terrible thing to happen.
                      MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                        And two North Star Cup games.

Opps I now see the neutral site total......
                        Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
                        FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
                        NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
                        NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
                        NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
                        NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
                        Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
                        Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                          Just saw that Tech posted to Facebook that the Huskies led the WCHA in attendance last season and was 6th highest in school history. The first seems reasonable when you think about some of the rinks in the league, but the second is pretty shocking (in a good way). For all the great teams Tech had in the past, to even be in the top 10 is stunning to me.

Any word on the Jimmy Davis / Huskies reunion tour for 2015-16? I would love to see him get another shot with the team and hopefully his play earns him 15 or more games this season. Always great to see dedication rewarded and hopefully a much longer playoff beard this season as well. He might be related to Brent Burns... but Jimmy's hard hat >> Burns' hair.

Ryan J

This is really insignificant, but what were they basing that off of? According to uscho, they were behind minnesota state in gross, average and capacity. Not by much, but still a bit behind. Just curious if there was some "official" numbers that were released.
                          Mess with the bull, you get the horns.

Comment

Originally posted by Bale View Post
                            This is really insignificant, but what were they basing that off of? According to uscho, they were behind minnesota state in gross, average and capacity. Not by much, but still a bit behind. Just curious if there was some "official" numbers that were released.
                            It appears that USCHO counts ONLY games played at their home rink. At the bottom of the list - Sacred Heart - their season TOTAL was 3,955, or < 220 fans per game. Who is paying to keep that team afloat? Nobody in the WCHA should have money concerns after seeing those numbers.
                            Ryan J

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                              It appears that USCHO counts ONLY games played at their home rink. At the bottom of the list - Sacred Heart - their season TOTAL was 3,955, or < 220 fans per game. Who is paying to keep that team afloat? Nobody in the WCHA should have money concerns after seeing those numbers.
                              Ryan J
                              I've long thought that SHU has some benefactor or high-ranking representative that's keeping things going, a la Findlay. When Findlay ran their president off, the program folded within a year. I've been to that dump that SHU plays in, and I feel really bad for the kids.

GFM
                              Geof F. Morris
                              UAH BSE MAE 2002
                              UAHHockey.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Bale View Post
                                The numbers on the WCHA stats page breaks down all the categories (home, road, and neutral games). MSU was the home leader, but Tech was the overall leader

Comment

Working...
                                X