Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech 2015 off-season I: Building on what we've learned...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 2015 off-season I: Building on what we've learned...

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    D1 hockey is instantly a classier place.
    Everyone hates a winner. Be interesting to see who UND hires next. Won't be a shortage of A1 candidates as UND is one of the Top 5 jobs in college hockey.
    "The top three worst things I've seen in hockey? The invention of the trap. The invention of the morning skate. And the invention of the extremely ugly uniform."

—Brett Hull

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
      just saw that North Dakota's coach, Dave Hakstol, jumped to the big time and was named head coach of the Philadelphia Flyers!!!
      North Dakota looking for a head coach after Haks saw the writing on the wall.
      Philly getting another piece to their puzzle that can't win the big game.
      Can my Monday get any better? It's going to be tough.

Ryan J
      Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
      https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
      Originally posted by geezer
      Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
      Originally posted by manurespreader
      ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
        D1 hockey is instantly a classier place.
        this.
        Originally posted by mtu_huskies
        "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
        Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
        Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by Huskiefan906 View Post
          Will Baltus,Gillies, and Vallis claim ice time or will Jackson and Boeing demand ice time on arrival.
          I think Heinonen joins the top 6, and Blacklock, Anderson will be regulars. Looks like a lot of battles to be decided near the Laurentian games time frame.
          My .02 worth.....
          Definite starters: Petan, Gould, Eick, Sturos, Heinonen, Neville, Steman
          Probable starters: L'Esperance, E. Anderson, Blacklock, Gillies, Baltus
          In the running: Boeing, Jackson, Lucchini (if he comes), Vallis, P. Anderson
          I think any of the probable starters could get bumped and any of those in the running could claim a spot.

Comment

Wouldn't be surprised to see Boeing amongst the probables from the get-go.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
              Wouldn't be surprised to see Boeing amongst the probables from the get-go.

Jackson too. Mel has mentioned he wants to play faster so I could see Jackson cracking the lineup with his speed.
              "The top three worst things I've seen in hockey? The invention of the trap. The invention of the morning skate. And the invention of the extremely ugly uniform."

—Brett Hull

Comment

Originally posted by Huskiefan906 View Post
                Coach sounded real upbeat on the radio show despite the bad luck in the tourney.
                Tech sure has a lot of lefties, centers and left wings to sort out.
                Will Baltus,Gillies, and Vallis claim ice time or will Jackson and Boeing demand ice time on arrival.
                I think Heinonen joins the top 6, and Blacklock, Anderson will be regulars. Looks like a lot of battles to be decided near the Laurentian games time frame.
                It will definitely be interesting to see if Black lock and Anderson are regulars after not playing a game in 2014/2015...Has anyone seen them play?

Comment

not about hockey but I thought I might post it anyway.

http://www.nj.com/middlesex/index.ss...olice_say.html
                  MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                    not about hockey but I thought I might post it anyway.

http://www.nj.com/middlesex/index.ss...olice_say.html
                    very sad to see one of the greatest minds of our generations silenced. and one of the greatest spirits. talk about a handicap and still able to function and function brilliantly!
                    Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                    "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                    Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                    Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Just saw that Tech posted to Facebook that the Huskies led the WCHA in attendance last season and was 6th highest in school history. The first seems reasonable when you think about some of the rinks in the league, but the second is pretty shocking (in a good way). For all the great teams Tech had in the past, to even be in the top 10 is stunning to me.

Any word on the Jimmy Davis / Huskies reunion tour for 2015-16? I would love to see him get another shot with the team and hopefully his play earns him 15 or more games this season. Always great to see dedication rewarded and hopefully a much longer playoff beard this season as well. He might be related to Brent Burns... but Jimmy's hard hat >> Burns' hair.

Ryan J

Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                      https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                      Originally posted by geezer
                      Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                      Originally posted by manurespreader
                      ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                        Just saw that Tech posted to Facebook that the Huskies led the WCHA in attendance last season and was 6th highest in school history. The first seems reasonable when you think about some of the rinks in the league, but the second is pretty shocking (in a good way). For all the great teams Tech had in the past, to even be in the top 10 is stunning to me.
                        Not really, you need only consider the years since the Mac opened in the late 70's. When Tech had the NC teams, fans were being turned away at the door from the much smaller seating capacity of the Dee.
                        Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                        USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Those sellouts against Michigan probably pushed us over the top. Still, that says a lot about the fan response to winning.

Originally posted by geezer View Post
                          Not really, you need only consider the years since the Mac opened in the late 70's. When Tech had the NC teams, fans were being turned away at the door from the much smaller seating capacity of the Dee.
                          IIRC, the Mac opened in January 1971. Most of the school attendance records were set in the 70s.

Comment

Those sellouts against Michigan probably pushed us over the top. Still, that says a lot about the fan response to winning.

IIRC, the Mac opened in January 1971. Most of the school attendance records were set in the 70s.
                            It's older than I thought, I was thinking '76 or so.
                            Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                            USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Actually, Tech led last year, too, according to what the WCHA posts. http://www.wcha.com/men/statistics/1314/oaattend.php
                              The WCHA uses total attendance to determine attendance "champion," including neutral site games. That said Tech's home attendance was up by almost 600 per game this year http://www.wcha.com/men/statistics/1415/oaattend.php so winning does help.

Comment

Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
                                Actually, Tech led last year, too, according to what the WCHA posts. http://www.wcha.com/men/statistics/1314/oaattend.php
                                The WCHA uses total attendance to determine attendance "champion," including neutral site games. That said Tech's home attendance was up by almost 600 per game this year http://www.wcha.com/men/statistics/1415/oaattend.php so winning does help.
                                I long ago saw a study where attendance trailed winning by a season or two. I think that's shown in UAH's attendance values from last year to this one — our fans just weren't into this team, even in that stretch in January where they were playing really well.

I'm glad to see Tech atop the heap.

GFM
                                Geof F. Morris
                                UAH BSE MAE 2002
                                UAHHockey.com

Comment

Working...
                                X