Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech 2015 off-season I: Building on what we've learned...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 2015 off-season I: Building on what we've learned...

Originally posted by mtu_huskies View Post
    I was only thinking that because it seems odd they'd let him go through his senior year, participate in senior night and then ask him back after that instead of addressing it earlier as if they had other plans for the 8th Dman.

I thought the same thing. It seems odd.
    It is possible that he originally was planning on leaving, and then changed his mind. Maybe he decided to try to improve his options for playing professionally (not sure what kind of options Davis had/will have). Maybe he decided to get a Master's Degree, and wants to play one more year of hockey before going into the business world? There are many possibilities, that have nothing to do with being disappointed in future D recruits. And I agree with Shirtless, if Davis comes to the coaching staff, and wants to come back for a 5th year, the coaching staff should help him get that eligibility, because a 5th year defenseman as an 8th D-man on the roster is a great luxury. He should be comfortable in the system, and ready to step in, if needed, from day 1.
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

On Dubuque's coaches show last night, head coach Matt Shaw stated Ford will return to the Fighting Saints next year.

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
        If comments on internet message boards are valid enough for bulletin board fodder....there can't be an open spot on any bulletin board in any locker room in the whole world of sports.
        But it's college hockey, and for the most part, it's easy to ignore us. I never will forget what our coaches found on the Internet when UML came and played us when they were top-5 a few years ago...

GFM
        Geof F. Morris
        UAH BSE MAE 2002
        UAHHockey.com

Comment

I was only thinking that because it seems odd they'd let him go through his senior year, participate in senior night and then ask him back after that instead of addressing it earlier as if they had other plans for the 8th Dman.
          I think they tried to do the same thing with Bryce Reddick after he went through senior night. NCAA wouldn't give Bryce a 5th year, but I think Davis might stand a better chance. Not surprised that the Badgers won't release Ford. I don't think they liked how he left and I bet Eaves liked it even less when he committed to Tech. Mel seems to feel pretty good about the state of the defense and I agree...no major concerns about Reinke and Ford waiting. Offense should be solid too, but only time will tell if they will be great.....lots of potential, but replacing Tanner, Blake and David will require everyone to make some gains.

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
            The End of Year Celebration that was to be held on Saturday, May 16th has been canceled.
            I think it morphed into "Spring Hockey Carnival".
            http://www.michigantechhuskies.com/s...201505122jlzll

Originally posted by UpNorthHockey View Post
            I think they tried to do the same thing with Bryce Reddick after he went through senior night. NCAA wouldn't give Bryce a 5th year, but I think Davis might stand a better chance.
            I don't have a clue how the NCAA rules on these things, but Davis has played 11 games in the last three seasons and 21 total. Reddick never played less than 12 games in any single season (74 total). If Davis can't get another year, then I have no idea what the NCAA is all about, but it certainly isn't the student - athlete.

Ryan J
            Last edited by JohnsonsJerseys; 05-12-2015, 10:43 PM.
            Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
            https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
            Originally posted by geezer
            Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
            Originally posted by manurespreader
            ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
              I think it morphed into "Spring Hockey Carnival".
              http://www.michigantechhuskies.com/s...201505122jlzll
              They did that event last year, it's their big season ticket drive.

Comment

The NLI news release for Lucchini and Redmond.
                http://www.michigantechhuskies.com/s...20150506v89s8a

They list all other that have signed NLIs as well. Boeing, Gerrie, Jackson, Kauppila, Newsome, Reinke, Watson

But they didn't include Demico Hannoun, like they did last year.
                http://www.michigantechhuskies.com/s...20131209op2e2f

Comment

They list all other that have signed NLIs as well. Boeing, Gerrie, Jackson, Kauppila, Newsome, Reinke, Watson

Interesting, I'll see what I can find out but I know they want Hannoun
                  Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

It appears to be an oversight simply because he signed in 2013 and isn't scheduled to come in until 2016 now.
                    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

No NLI from Ford? Or do you not sign one if you transfer schools?

Comment

• Originally posted by Pure Mel View Post
                        No NLI from Ford? Or do you not sign one if you transfer schools?
                        The NLI is only for incoming freshmen. I don't know if there's any formal commitment for transfers, other than enrolling in classes.
                        BGSU Class of 2017

Comment

Coach sounded real upbeat on the radio show despite the bad luck in the tourney.
                          Tech sure has a lot of lefties, centers and left wings to sort out.
                          Will Baltus,Gillies, and Vallis claim ice time or will Jackson and Boeing demand ice time on arrival.
                          I think Heinonen joins the top 6, and Blacklock, Anderson will be regulars. Looks like a lot of battles to be decided near the Laurentian games time frame.
                          Last edited by Huskiefan906; 05-17-2015, 09:18 PM.

Comment

just saw that North Dakota's coach, Dave Hakstol, jumped to the big time and was named head coach of the Philadelphia Flyers!!!
                            Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                            "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                            Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                            Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
                              just saw that North Dakota's coach, Dave Hakstol, jumped to the big time and was named head coach of the Philadelphia Flyers!!!
                              Sucks to be a Flyers fan.
                              I was told there would be no math...

Comment

D1 hockey is instantly a classier place.
                                Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Working...
                                X