Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech 2015 off-season I: Building on what we've learned...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 2015 off-season I: Building on what we've learned...

FYI

End of the Year Celebration for our Hockey Huskies.

Details
    Saturday, May 16
    Continental Fire Company, Montezuma Avenue, Houghton
    Brunch and Program
    11:30am - 1:30pm

Cost is $15 per person (payable at the door)
    RSVP to blueline@mtu.edu by Wednesday, May 13th.

Videos, a short program, awards, and comments from Coach Pearson and some of our players.
    Originally posted by mtu_huskies
    "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
    Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
    Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
      I hope that some of y'all will make the trip to Huntsville in November!

GFM
      we went last year and had a blast. nice arena, great town, lots to do, excellent seafood.
      Boosh Factor 4

Comment

Tech tweeted that there's a Mel Pearson show on Monday at 10 AM ET. Questions: dj@themix93.com

I haven't sent anything, but I hope Dirk asks about NLIs, entering freshmen and non-conference scheduling.

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
        Defense is stacking up nicely now with Ford helping balance out classes a bit.
        I have
        2015 - Birks
        2016 - Ford (So), Reinke, Watson
        2017 - Gingell, Rostagno (possible that Watson is here and one of those is 2016)
        Does this put us at 7 Dmen in the 2015-16 season? I would think they'd want 8 for injuries/play concerns.

Comment

Originally posted by mtu_huskies View Post
          Tech tweeted that there's a Mel Pearson show on Monday at 10 AM ET. Questions: dj@themix93.com

I haven't sent anything, but I hope Dirk asks about NLIs, entering freshmen and non-conference scheduling.

Does this put us at 7 Dmen in the 2015-16 season? I would think they'd want 8 for injuries/play concerns.
          We should have 8 but I'm not at liberty to say why yet...
          Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

We should have 8 but I'm not at liberty to say why yet...
            Mel got Jimmy Davis another year?

Comment

Originally posted by UpNorthHockey View Post
              Mel got Jimmy Davis another year?
              Could Ford have gotten a release waiver from WI?
              Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
              USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

In other news Steve Shields is now a volunteer assistant at Michigan:
                http://www.mgoblue.com/sports/m-hock...050715aaa.html
                Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

That feels a little dirty... like dumping your current girlfriend to get back together with your Ex.
                  But I get it, once your a dirty swamp rat, you're always a dirty swamp rat... or whatever a Wolverine is.
                  Odds he gets named the head coach two years from now so they can battle Western in the best ex-NHLer as head coach contest??? I'll say steep, but there's a chance at 20:1.

Ryan J
                  Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                  https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                  Originally posted by geezer
                  Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                  Originally posted by manurespreader
                  ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

ouch!!
                    Boosh Factor 4

Comment

*shrug* So what?

Originally posted by geezer View Post
                      Could Ford have gotten a release waiver from WI?
                      I'm going with this as my gut feeling.

Comment

I'm not going to guess.
                        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by mtu_huskies View Post

One thing to listen for - there's a creative idea to get a single game with an eastern team right after the GLI. I'm not going to spill the beans any further yet, let's hear if Mel shows his hand first.

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
                            One thing to listen for - there's a creative idea to get a single game with an eastern team right after the GLI. I'm not going to spill the beans any further yet, let's hear if Mel shows his hand first.
                            I've been saying for a while now that Tech/Northern should try to work with RPI/Union or Clarkson/St. Lawrence, to arrange a 2 year agreement, we travel there for a weekend and each play 1 game vs. each team. Then do the opposite the next season. But that isn't applicable for this situation, since that is a 2 game thing, not 1.
                            Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

I think all of our commits are done playing this year. Here's what I have for stats.

Trevor Cope 67 28 30 58 0.87
                              Brett Boeing 68 30 23 53 0.78
                              Jake Kauppila 60 10 9 19 0.32
                              Jake Jackson 74 32 36 68 0.92
                              Mitch Reinke 58 2 19 21 0.36
                              Cooper Watson 54 2 4 6 0.11
                              Demico Hannoun 74 31 31 62 0.84
                              Travis Brown 48 1 4 5 0.10
                              Chris Gerrie 62 27 36 63 1.02
                              Jake Gingell 53 2 4 6 0.11
                              Tristan Rostagno 55 7 10 17 0.31
                              Mitch Newsome 65 7 18 25 0.38
                              Jake Lucchini 58 35 48 83 1.43
                              Jagger Williamson 59 8 23 31 0.53
                              Gavin Gould 62 26 37 63 1.02
                              Keegan Ford 58 2 20 22 0.38
                              Angus Redmond 50 2.72 0.91

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                                *shrug* So what?
                                I'm going with this as my gut feeling.
                                I thought the year off between schools was an NCAA thing and not based on a release from the previous program.

Comment

Working...
                                X