Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech 2015 off-season I: Building on what we've learned...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 2015 off-season I: Building on what we've learned...

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
    ok, now that I see he is a first-teamer, your qualifier is correct. Both Colin Murphy and Chris Conner were all-americans but not first teamers, although Colin probably should have been.
    I think of the 2nd team as "honorable mention" but yes, Colin should have been.
    Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
    USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Great to see!

Also, Geezer I updated my signature as well
      MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

Originally posted by redwing61 View Post
        Only five minutes in and Tanner Kero has his first AHL goal.
        I wonder if Tanner will use part of his signing bonus to pay off Michal Rozsival so Kero can keep his Rockford #32 when he gets called up to the Blackhawks? All the snipers from Michigan Tech wore that number with the 'Hawks...

Ryan J
        Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
        https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
        Originally posted by geezer
        Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
        Originally posted by manurespreader
        ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by stuckinwi View Post
          Great to see!

Also, Geezer I updated my signature as well
          Proud to share my title with such a wise and talented person.
          Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
          USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Wondering what you thought of the year Alex Gillies had. I expect a lot more next year similar to Tyler Heinonen's improvement his sophomore year.
            Can we expect a lot from Blacklock, E. Anderson, and Jackson next year. Will they have better years than Gillies this year due to a lot more ice time?

Comment

Originally posted by Huskiefan906 View Post
              Wondering what you thought of the yea Alex Gillies had. I expect a lot more next year similar to Tyler Heinonen improvement his sophomore year.
              Can we expect a lot from Blacklock, E. Anderson, and Jackson next year. Will they have better years than Gillies this year due to a lot more ice time?
              i would expect Blacklock and Anderson to be better next year than gillies based on experience from practice. Jackson is very skilled but who knows how he'll adjust the jump.
              Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
                Tanner Kero is our first All American since Jamie Ram. Huge.
                Is this the CLASS award that you mention here?

EDIT: I see, AHCA All American too.
                Last edited by Pure Mel; 04-10-2015, 11:42 PM.

Comment

As BU takes the ice, some dignitaries standing there. Among them, coach Mel Pearson. Looking very dapper.
                  MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                    As BU takes the ice, some dignitaries standing there. Among them, coach Mel Pearson. Looking very dapper.
                    Surprised I missed that, the NCAA selection committee members maybe?
                    Ryan J

Comment

I believe so
                      Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Unbelievable national championship game and I think the ESPN guys accurately assessed that we just saw the Bill Buckner moment of college hockey. Also nice Freudian slip by the committee chair awarding the trophy "to the Boston... uhhh, Providence College Friars" I think Tech fans should be pretty pumped that the last three NCAA champs are Providence, Union and Yale. Clearly, if you get in the tourney, anyone can win it.
                        Ryan J

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                          Unbelievable national championship game and I think the ESPN guys accurately assessed that we just saw the Bill Buckner moment of college hockey. Also nice Freudian slip by the committee chair awarding the trophy "to the Boston... uhhh, Providence College Friars" I think Tech fans should be pretty pumped that the last three NCAA champs are Providence, Union and Yale. Clearly, if you get in the tourney, anyone can win it.
                          Ryan J
                          Actually what he said was, the uhhhh, Providence College..... Terriers.

Enjoyed the game, I think we can all empathize with BU. It also got me to thinking about the shot in the St Cloud game that Lesperence had point blank, and somehow the goalie stopped. I think if you watch NHL opportunities like that, they always shoot real high and it goes in. I also want to point out, we played that game without Pietila, so next season, I'm looking for us to be pretty darned good, even with losing some real top players.

Regarding the regionals, seems like an awful lot of people want a change. I'd take super regionals over campus sites for sure, but neither one is a great solution.
                          MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                            Actually what he said was, the uhhhh, Providence College..... Terriers.
                            He actually did say Boston as RJ pointed out

Comment

USCHO released their All-American Teams. Tanner Kero makes first team along with Eichel and Vesey...so top 3 forward in the country according to USCHO, not top 3 in just the west...very cool!

http://www.uscho.com/2015/04/14/prov...st-team-spots/

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                                USCHO released their All-American Teams. Tanner Kero makes first team along with Eichel and Vesey...so top 3 forward in the country according to USCHO, not top 3 in just the west...very cool!

http://www.uscho.com/2015/04/14/prov...st-team-spots/
                                yeah!
                                Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                                "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                                Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                                Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Working...
                                X