Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech 2015 off-season I: Building on what we've learned...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 2015 off-season I: Building on what we've learned...

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
    Becker is a potential recruit that just completed his junior year at Mahtomedi HS in Minnesota.

Williamson is a 16 yo that is playing in the BCHL with Vernon.
    Becker made the Central Scouting final rankings at #164. Hope Mel can land him.

No current Tech commits made this year's list.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
      Becker made the Central Scouting final rankings at #164. Hope Mel can land him.

No current Tech commits made this year's list.
      No current recruits or players is surprising but then again, this is just central scouting, doesn't mean some teams don't have tech recruits higher. Still a bit disappointing, but some of the better prospects will be eligible next year too (Watson/Reinke).
      Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by mtu_huskies View Post
        Blake Hietila signed with the Colorado Eagles of the ECHL.
        http://coloradoeagles.com/eagles-new...out-agreement/
        Sweet, a replacement for former Eagles captain and Huskies alum Riley Nelson in Colorado!
        Ryan J
        Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
        https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
        Originally posted by geezer
        Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
        Originally posted by manurespreader
        ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Hietila actaully joins another Tech grad Trent Davatella ( I believe a distance cousin) . Trent worked for my firm back in 2008 as a strucutral engineer. Didn't play for tech (Jamie didn't like some of his habits). Played for the Pioneers. Trent has bee a high scorer since being in the ECHL actully leads Colroado on scoring this season despite missing sevral games. Good luck to Blake.
          Last edited by mtu1976; 04-08-2015, 01:35 PM.

Comment

What if any planned updates to the Mac?

Comment

Originally posted by giwan View Post
              What if any planned updates to the Mac?
              Nothing planned right now. The banners might be updated. Sounds like fixing the football stadium is priority right now.
              Originally posted by SCSU Euro
              What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Originally posted by Flashy Man View Post
                Nothing planned right now. The banners might be updated. Sounds like fixing the football stadium is priority right now.
                As in update or does something really need fixing?

Curious about the general consensus of the facilities? Especially in comparison to others.

Comment

Originally posted by Flashy Man View Post
                  What needs to be "fixed"? Unless someone donates the money, Sherman Field is adequate for the overall popularity and success of a football program that wouldn't exist without its alumni endowment/trust fund.

Comment

What needs to be "fixed"? Unless someone donates the money, Sherman Field is adequate for the overall popularity and success of a football program that wouldn't exist without its alumni endowment/trust fund.
                    It actually isn't completely funded by donations, Michigan Tech just couldn't afford to foot the entire bill anymore since it is the most scholarship/player intensive, not to mention the field. Upgrading to the fake turf probably went a long ways towards helping their sustainability. I'm sure it could always use upgrades, probably looking to improve seating to attempt to increase revenue from the right people....

As for MacInnes, what needs "fixing" in the long term is the east end and west end at ice level.
                    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

I

As for MacInnes, what needs "fixing" in the long term is the east end and west end at ice level.
                      Meaning the rink or the seating or .......

Comment

In Boston. Will be wearing my Tech jersey around town all weekend.
                        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

I'm pretty sure the bleachers are pretty close to being condemned.
                          Originally posted by SCSU Euro
                          What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Originally posted by giwan View Post
                            Meaning the rink or the seating or .......
                            blowing out the eastern wall to create more seating, potentially more suites, and a better place for the pep band, changing the seating on the west end between the ice and the concourse to potentially create a bar/club seating type area with access from the concourse.

Comment

blowing out the eastern wall to create more seating, potentially more suites, and a better place for the pep band, changing the seating on the west end between the ice and the concourse to potentially create a bar/club seating type area with access from the concourse.
                              Round-the-rink seating would be great. I hope they don't "improve" TOO much, though. Tends to corpie up the crowd. I've seen it in MPLS and Duluth, and sort of at SCSU. MTU cannot lose that atmosphere. It'd be a tragedy.
                              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                                Round-the-rink seating would be great. I hope they don't "improve" TOO much, though. Tends to corpie up the crowd.
                                Never happen in Houghton. This is already the upper class of our society that goes to the games. The more seats get filled, the further out in the backwoods the yoopers will be getting pulled from.
                                Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                                USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Working...
                                X