Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech 2015 off-season I: Building on what we've learned...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 2015 off-season I: Building on what we've learned...

Originally posted by mtu_huskies View Post
    Here's two Tech articles for those that missed it. Who's starting the 2015-16 Season thread?
    Still have a week before the season starts...
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
      Still have a week before the season starts...
      If anybody is bored this weekend go count the number of seats taken for Friday and Saturday WCHA playoff games on buyhuskiestickets.com. This should be representative of how many season tickets there are. As always. show your work.
      Last edited by Flashy Man; 10-09-2015, 07:37 PM.
      Originally posted by SCSU Euro
      What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
        Finally... A Twitter account worth following.
        https://twitter.com/MTUEquip

Ryan J
        Quoting this to give props, JJ is solid when it comes to a business transaction. Bought a jersey this week, and it's glorious.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Looking up attendance figures for last year...um, you guys did really well!
          (stats from USCHO)

Avg Att: 3431
          Capacity: 4
          Cap Pct: 76822.7%

Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

last night was 3800+ and rocking' very fun night. and the buzz in town was everywhere. we had dinner and some errands to run pre game and have never seen that many people in logo wear or had that many people ask us if we were going to the game. awesome atmosphere - the Misfits filled FOUR complete sections, the Pep Band another. and the other siders got so riled up a few of us stood up. so many canes were shaken that several blows to the head and black eyes occurred.
            Originally posted by mtu_huskies
            "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
            Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
            Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
              Oh, and if the Tech contingent wants to take a little bit of a NASA tour, I can arrange that.

GFM
              That's so much cooler than what I've gotten offered from North Alabama fans. All they really got over there is BBQ, their on campus Lion habitat, oh and FAME Studios. Not bad, but not Motherloving NASA and Space stuff.
              bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Who was doing the color commentary with Dirk last night?

Comment

Tech looks very deep this year.

Freshmen look every bit as good or better as Pietila and Kero did coming in and I expect all 3 to be members of the 100 point club.
                  Really impressed with Evan Anderson and Mason Blacklock, but with the 4 centers established, not sure how it is going to work for playing time as the wings are already a logjam of depth.

Comment

Originally posted by redwing61 View Post
                    Tiger Pierce.
                    What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Originally posted by redwing61 View Post
                      Not Tiger Pierce, but another ex-goaltender with Copper Country ties. It was former Houghton HS standout Jeff Markham, who went on to become a D-III all-American netminder with UW-Superior.

Comment

So big news out of Mel Pearson Show today...Michigan Tech will participate in an Icebreaker Tournament over the next couple years. He wouldn't say when but someone () asked if they'd ever play in one and he admitted that they've signed a contract to play in one at some point over the next 4 years. Hopefully sooner than later.
                        Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
                          Not Tiger Pierce, but another ex-goaltender with Copper Country ties. It was former Houghton HS standout Jeff Markham, who went on to become a D-III all-American netminder with UW-Superior.
                          Oh okay. I had thought they announced Friday it would be Tiger.

Comment

Originally posted by Flashy Man View Post
                            Oh okay. I had thought they announced Friday it would be Tiger.
                            He will be the regular Saturday home analyst, but couldn't make it for Laurentian.

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
                              He will be the regular Saturday home analyst, but couldn't make it for Laurentian.
                              did you get my emails about THG?
                              Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                                did you get my emails about THG?
                                I already miss harassing Yager in the live chats...
                                MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

Working...
                                X