Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech 2015 off-season I: Building on what we've learned...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: Michigan Tech 2015 off-season I: Building on what we've learned...

    Someone should ask him about is brother, Jason.
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

    RIP - Kirby

    Comment


    • Re: Michigan Tech 2015 off-season I: Building on what we've learned...

      So I probably should save this if we do restart THG but I looked at Tri-City's roster and there are only 6 players on the roster that aren't committed to D1 hockey or have played major juniors. Of those, 3 players played in the Storm's first game. Of those 3, only one got point but he is also the oldest, James Gobetz. The other 2 both played for greater detroit teams so obviously Billy had his eye on them for MTU. Those two forwards are Robert Kaiser (5/9/97) and Paul Washe (11/27/98) so I'd keep your eye on those two players.
      Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

      Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

      Comment


      • Re: Michigan Tech 2015 off-season I: Building on what we've learned...

        Tech Unveils Game Day Experience Improvements at MacInnes Student Ice Arena for 2015-16:
        http://michigantechhuskies.com/sport...20151002fqmz7w

        So still not much information on what will be available in the new LampLighter's beer garden.
        Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

        Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

        Comment


        • Re: Michigan Tech 2015 off-season I: Building on what we've learned...

          Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
          Tech Unveils Game Day Experience Improvements at MacInnes Student Ice Arena for 2015-16:
          http://michigantechhuskies.com/sport...20151002fqmz7w

          So still not much information on what will be available in the new LampLighter's beer garden.
          Looks like good improvements all around. It's about time they stepped up the concessions.
          Originally posted by SCSU Euro
          What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

          Comment


          • Re: Michigan Tech 2015 off-season I: Building on what we've learned...

            Vollwerth's KBC brats? This sounds amazing.
            MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

            Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

            2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

            Comment


            • Re: Michigan Tech 2015 off-season I: Building on what we've learned...

              Originally posted by stuckinwi View Post
              Vollwerth's KBC brats? This sounds amazing.
              They are.

              Comment


              • Re: Michigan Tech 2015 off-season I: Building on what we've learned...

                AlongTheBoards.com has Tech at #4 in their pre-season power rankings. Not sure what AlongTheBoards.com is, but I like the cut of their jib.

                http://alongtheboards.com/2015/10/pr...michigan-tech/

                The top 10 is:
                1. Denver
                2. Minnesota State
                3. Boston College
                4. Michigan Tech
                5. Nebraska-Omaha
                6. Harvard
                7. North Dakota
                8. Miami
                9. Minnesota-Duluth
                10. UMass-Lowell

                (might be a little western-biased )
                Last edited by bigblue_dl; 10-02-2015, 02:40 PM.
                Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

                RIP - Kirby

                Comment


                • Re: Michigan Tech 2015 off-season I: Building on what we've learned...

                  Originally posted by stuckinwi View Post
                  Vollwerth's KBC brats? This sounds amazing.
                  Nice to include the local flavor. I hope Widow Maker on tap.

                  Comment


                  • Re: Michigan Tech 2015 off-season I: Building on what we've learned...

                    Originally posted by Flashy Man View Post
                    Looks like good improvements all around. It's about time they stepped up the concessions.
                    agreed.
                    Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                    "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                    Boosh Factor 4

                    Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                    Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

                    Comment


                    • Re: Michigan Tech 2015 off-season I: Building on what we've learned...

                      Interesting to see who is playing center.

                      They have a plethora of left wings, exciting to get it started, this is going to be a great season for Tech.
                      Last edited by Huskiefan906; 10-03-2015, 01:35 PM.

                      Comment


                      • Re: Michigan Tech 2015 off-season I: Building on what we've learned...

                        Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                        So I probably should save this if we do restart THG but I looked at Tri-City's roster and there are only 6 players on the roster that aren't committed to D1 hockey or have played major juniors. Of those, 3 players played in the Storm's first game. Of those 3, only one got point but he is also the oldest, James Gobetz. The other 2 both played for greater detroit teams so obviously Billy had his eye on them for MTU. Those two forwards are Robert Kaiser (5/9/97) and Paul Washe (11/27/98) so I'd keep your eye on those two players.
                        Speaking of which, Billy and Tri-City are off to a 3-0 start.
                        Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

                        Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

                        Comment


                        • Re: Michigan Tech 2015 off-season I: Building on what we've learned...

                          Originally posted by Flashy Man View Post
                          Looks like good improvements all around. It's about time they stepped up the concessions.
                          They better not mess with the best nachos in college hockey!!!!
                          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

                          Comment


                          • Re: Michigan Tech 2015 off-season I: Building on what we've learned...

                            Listening to dirk, there is only a few words that inspire fear as I listen, and I heard them a lot last night.. "There's a turnover.."..
                            We have to get that under control and also we have to be better than last year on the PK.
                            MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

                            It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

                            Comment


                            • Re: Michigan Tech 2015 off-season I: Building on what we've learned...

                              Where did you find a car for $15 per day? I haven't been able to find anything that low. Thanks for your help.

                              Comment


                              • Re: Michigan Tech 2015 off-season I: Building on what we've learned...

                                Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                                Listening to dirk, there is only a few words that inspire fear as I listen, and I heard them a lot last night.. "There's a turnover.."..
                                We have to get that under control and also we have to be better than last year on the PK.
                                Some of the guys really had the jets turned on in the first half. The two most egregious turnovers came later on in the second half, when they started looking tired.

                                And then the shootout took 20+ rounds. That was Exhibit A in the case of why we should not have shootouts in college.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X