Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech 2015 off-season I: Building on what we've learned...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: Michigan Tech 2015 off-season I: Building on what we've learned...

    I got my tickets to the Phoenix gig today. 30 per person, per day. Actually I didn't get them, I just paid for them. we'll see if I actually get them. They told me they would come by e mail from arizona.
    MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

    It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

    Comment


    • Re: Michigan Tech 2015 off-season I: Building on what we've learned...

      Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
      Bought the full WCHA.TV package for the first time in a couple of years. Fingers crossed that I can stream an acceptable product to the 42" in my living room. Here's to hoping.

      Sounds like they had issues with Stretch for today's coaches conference call.
      "The top three worst things I've seen in hockey? The invention of the trap. The invention of the morning skate. And the invention of the extremely ugly uniform."

      —Brett Hull

      Comment


      • Re: Michigan Tech 2015 off-season I: Building on what we've learned...

        Kero looked pretty good against Detroit last night, despite the outcome of the game. He was on the ice for Chicago's lone goal and showed some flashes of skill. Anyone see Pietila's game for the Devils? He didn't show up on the score sheet, but I'd be interested to know how he looked.

        Comment


        • Re: Michigan Tech 2015 off-season I: Building on what we've learned...

          Saw the release of the Big Ten TV schedule.

          Nice to see that all of the GLI games will be televised on FSD.
          Also nice to see that Michigan Tech @ Michigan State will be televised in Michigan on Comcast 900. Sucks that I won't have access to those broadcasts but oh well.
          Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

          Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

          Comment


          • Re: Michigan Tech 2015 off-season I: Building on what we've learned...

            I'm in for the Desert Classic. Took advantage of Southwest's latest far sale, round trip for $165 (including their "Early Bird" check in fees). Then I broke the bank on the rental car at $15 per day... Still debating about where to stay for the hotel and what to do for the Coyotes game on Saturday. I wonder if Tech will set up any kind of alumni ticket deal for that game?
            Ryan J
            Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
            https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
            Originally posted by geezer
            Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
            Originally posted by manurespreader
            ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

            Comment


            • Re: Michigan Tech 2015 off-season I: Building on what we've learned...

              Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
              I'm in for the Desert Classic. Took advantage of Southwest's latest far sale, round trip for $165 (including their "Early Bird" check in fees). Then I broke the bank on the rental car at $15 per day... Still debating about where to stay for the hotel and what to do for the Coyotes game on Saturday. I wonder if Tech will set up any kind of alumni ticket deal for that game?
              Ryan J
              Thanks for the heads up.

              MS - where did you reserve your tickets for the games? Did you call ASU ticketing, Gila River Arena, or the MTU central ticketing office?

              Comment


              • Re: Michigan Tech 2015 off-season I: Building on what we've learned...

                MTU ticket office
                But as of a week after I paid, the tickets have not arrived
                Last edited by manurespreader; 09-27-2015, 09:09 AM.
                MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

                It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

                Comment


                • Re: Michigan Tech 2015 off-season I: Building on what we've learned...

                  Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                  MTU ticket office
                  But as of a week after I paid, the tickets have not arrived
                  Going to be an interesting atmosphere in an arena that big....
                  MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

                  Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

                  2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

                  Comment


                  • Re: Michigan Tech 2015 off-season I: Building on what we've learned...

                    Originally posted by stuckinwi View Post
                    Going to be an interesting atmosphere in an arena that big....
                    It could go one of two ways: Either a nice college atmosphere like the GLI at the Joe, or if nobody shows up to watch these games, it will look more like the Bi6 Championship at the Joe. My money is on fairly good attendance since this is the first year of the tourney and there is a little buzz for ASU hockey right now. A lot of folks like myself will show up simply because it is a new venue for their team and a nice winter get-a-way.
                    Ryan J

                    Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                    https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                    Originally posted by geezer
                    Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                    Originally posted by manurespreader
                    ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

                    Comment


                    • Re: Michigan Tech 2015 off-season I: Building on what we've learned...

                      Preseason poll has Tech ranked too low, but can't put much weight into a poll that includes voters stupid enough to vote for Wisconsin.
                      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

                      RIP - Kirby

                      Comment


                      • Re: Michigan Tech 2015 off-season I: Building on what we've learned...

                        Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                        It could go one of two ways: Either a nice college atmosphere like the GLI at the Joe, or if nobody shows up to watch these games, it will look more like the Bi6 Championship at the Joe. My money is on fairly good attendance since this is the first year of the tourney and there is a little buzz for ASU hockey right now. A lot of folks like myself will show up simply because it is a new venue for their team and a nice winter get-a-way.
                        Ryan J


                        The real question is... Are we sending some form of the pep band?
                        MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

                        Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

                        2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

                        Comment


                        • Re: Michigan Tech 2015 off-season I: Building on what we've learned...

                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                          Preseason poll has Tech ranked too low, but can't put much weight into a poll that includes voters stupid enough to vote for Wisconsin.
                          I think they're ranked about right for a team that lost their entire top line, and has to prove they can replace at least some of that scoring. Perhaps a bit low.

                          Comment


                          • Re: Michigan Tech 2015 off-season I: Building on what we've learned...

                            Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                            Preseason poll has Tech ranked too low, but can't put much weight into a poll that includes voters stupid enough to vote for Wisconsin.
                            This.

                            Comment


                            • Re: Michigan Tech 2015 off-season I: Building on what we've learned...

                              Just a poll
                              MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

                              It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

                              Comment


                              • Re: Michigan Tech 2015 off-season I: Building on what we've learned...

                                Was there a Mel P show today? If so, did anyone listen?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X