X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    Re: The Frozen Four

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
    I was at the semis in a section suite in Philly and we had our own bartender for the section, no limits, pay per drink, no pre-ordering either. People in the non alcohol section below were climbing over the wall to get booze like they were escaping East Germany.
    The party suite in Tampa looks like it might offer that. It does for Lightning games, not sure about the NCAA...

Leave a comment:

• LTsatch
    replied

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
    That is still the policy. In Pittsburgh there was talk that they were going to force the people in suites to pour their alcohol into a soda cup so it didn't look like they were drinking beer etc. No idea if they did that as the suite was way too expensive for any of us to consider.
    I was at the semis in a section suite in Philly and we had our own bartender for the section, no limits, pay per drink, no pre-ordering either. People in the non alcohol section below were climbing over the wall to get booze like they were escaping East Germany.

Leave a comment:

• mookie1995
    replied
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    Eh, if I want to drink at the Frozen 4, I'll throw a flask in my boot. Better that way, less money to the NC$$.
    Guys to my left were pulling vodka nips out all night (older dudes. Older (looking) than Mookie ).
    One kept spilling half of it on his jacket. Too funny

Leave a comment:

• bigblue_dl
    replied

Eh, if I want to drink at the Frozen 4, I'll throw a flask in my boot. Better that way, less money to the NC$$.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Originally posted by joecct View Post
    Two words that prevent that from happening
    Barry
    Melrose
    Use the ESPN3 app and watch the multicam feed. No Barry.

Or sit in the expensive seats (Club or Deck at the Garden) where the wait staff brings your drinks to you.

Leave a comment:

• joecct
    replied
    Originally posted by satyking View Post
    If you want a beer that bad stay home and watch the games on ESPN......this way you won't be in line to get another when a goal is scored
    Two words that prevent that from happening
    Barry
    Melrose

Leave a comment:

• mookie1995
    replied
    Originally posted by satyking View Post
    If you want a beer that bad stay home and watch the games on ESPN......this way you won't be in line to get another when a goal is scored
    TV in arena showing game
    Never miss goal

Leave a comment:

• satyking
    replied

Originally posted by Tater View Post
    My point is that the ban on alcohol sales (unless you are in a premium suite - though that hypocrisy is a different subject) in the arena not only doesn't solve that issue, it exacerbates it.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
    Back in 2004 I was managing my company's suite for our guests for the Frozen Four. While we were allowed to have alcohol, we had to pre-order it and once it was gone, it was gone, you couldn't order more. Did that policy change I wonder?
    That is still the policy. In Pittsburgh there was talk that they were going to force the people in suites to pour their alcohol into a soda cup so it didn't look like they were drinking beer etc. No idea if they did that as the suite was way too expensive for any of us to consider.

Leave a comment:

• Scarlet
    replied

Back in 2004 I was managing my company's suite for our guests for the Frozen Four. While we were allowed to have alcohol, we had to pre-order it and once it was gone, it was gone, you couldn't order more. Did that policy change I wonder?

And I never said the no-alcohol policy solved an issue but to allow alcohol sales at a game so kids/fans don't binge drink beforehand is absolutely the stupidest reason ever to allow alcohol sales at a game.

Leave a comment:

• Tater
    replied

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
    And again, if one has to "binge drink" before walking into the arena, then there is a problem there.
    My point is that the ban on alcohol sales (unless you are in a premium suite - though that hypocrisy is a different subject) in the arena not only doesn't solve that issue, it exacerbates it.

Leave a comment:

• Scarlet
    replied

Originally posted by Tater View Post
    No one is talking about "need." It would be nice though for an adult to be able to responsibly enjoy a couple of beers watching a the hockey game if they want to. There is no "need" not to sell beer either. For that small minority that choose to over-drink, it just encourages them to binge drink before they get in.
    And again, if one has to "binge drink" before walking into the arena, then there is a problem there.

Leave a comment:

• Tater
    replied

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    If one is in THAT need of a beer/alcoholic beverage, one has a problem, or just isn't doing it right.
    No one is talking about "need." It would be nice though for an adult to be able to responsibly enjoy a couple of beers watching a the hockey game if they want to. There is no "need" not to sell beer either. For that small minority that choose to over-drink, it just encourages them to binge drink before they get in.

Leave a comment:

• The Zlax45
    replied
    Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    If one is in THAT need of a beer/alcoholic beverage, one has a problem, or just isn't doing it right.
    Winner!

Leave a comment:

• The Rube
    replied

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
    Perhaps by then the NCAA will relent on beer sales.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X