Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Frozen Four

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
    And again, if one has to "binge drink" before walking into the arena, then there is a problem there.
    My point is that the ban on alcohol sales (unless you are in a premium suite - though that hypocrisy is a different subject) in the arena not only doesn't solve that issue, it exacerbates it.

Comment

Back in 2004 I was managing my company's suite for our guests for the Frozen Four. While we were allowed to have alcohol, we had to pre-order it and once it was gone, it was gone, you couldn't order more. Did that policy change I wonder?

And I never said the no-alcohol policy solved an issue but to allow alcohol sales at a game so kids/fans don't binge drink beforehand is absolutely the stupidest reason ever to allow alcohol sales at a game.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
        Back in 2004 I was managing my company's suite for our guests for the Frozen Four. While we were allowed to have alcohol, we had to pre-order it and once it was gone, it was gone, you couldn't order more. Did that policy change I wonder?
        That is still the policy. In Pittsburgh there was talk that they were going to force the people in suites to pour their alcohol into a soda cup so it didn't look like they were drinking beer etc. No idea if they did that as the suite was way too expensive for any of us to consider.

Comment

Originally posted by Tater View Post
          My point is that the ban on alcohol sales (unless you are in a premium suite - though that hypocrisy is a different subject) in the arena not only doesn't solve that issue, it exacerbates it.
          If you want a beer that bad stay home and watch the games on ESPN......this way you won't be in line to get another when a goal is scored

Comment

• Originally posted by satyking View Post
            If you want a beer that bad stay home and watch the games on ESPN......this way you won't be in line to get another when a goal is scored
            TV in arena showing game
            Never miss goal
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by satyking View Post
              Two words that prevent that from happening
              Barry
              Melrose
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids
              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                Two words that prevent that from happening
                Barry
                Melrose
                Use the ESPN3 app and watch the multicam feed. No Barry.

Or sit in the expensive seats (Club or Deck at the Garden) where the wait staff brings your drinks to you.

Comment

Eh, if I want to drink at the Frozen 4, I'll throw a flask in my boot. Better that way, less money to the NC$$.
                  Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

• Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                    Eh, if I want to drink at the Frozen 4, I'll throw a flask in my boot. Better that way, less money to the NC$$.
                    Guys to my left were pulling vodka nips out all night (older dudes. Older (looking) than Mookie ).
                    One kept spilling half of it on his jacket. Too funny
                    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                      That is still the policy. In Pittsburgh there was talk that they were going to force the people in suites to pour their alcohol into a soda cup so it didn't look like they were drinking beer etc. No idea if they did that as the suite was way too expensive for any of us to consider.
                      I was at the semis in a section suite in Philly and we had our own bartender for the section, no limits, pay per drink, no pre-ordering either. People in the non alcohol section below were climbing over the wall to get booze like they were escaping East Germany.
                      YALE HOCKEY
                      2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
                        I was at the semis in a section suite in Philly and we had our own bartender for the section, no limits, pay per drink, no pre-ordering either. People in the non alcohol section below were climbing over the wall to get booze like they were escaping East Germany.
                        The party suite in Tampa looks like it might offer that. It does for Lightning games, not sure about the NCAA...

Comment

Working...
                        X