Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Frozen Four

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
    there were many kids who either brought their own or binged beforehand. my buddy and i came across a passed out kid in the head on friday and alerted security (not to get in trouble, but to make sure he wasn't dead). couple stalls also were not usable due to puke. but again these are peeps bringing nips (which people in the final next to me were pouring into their sodas) and not getting drunk on garden beer.
    Well, yeah that happens, but those are in confined student sections, and again, they're not drinking Garden beer, so theoretically they should be sobering up, not getting up to go pee and/or get more beer every five minutes. For comparison, the Bruins game I went to this past season was miles worse in this regard - out of control drinking/people constantly getting up/spilling beer over others in their row - than any college game I've ever attended, with beer sales or without. It was awful, this coming from a 20-something who enjoys throwing them back as much as the next guy. It's those who can't control themselves and become an issue for everyone around them that are the problem.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
      For the Final Five, we just tailgated pre-game in a parking lot.
      lol, Garden parking lots? If you find one, let us know.
      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
        That's why I said this was foreign to easterners.

One of the benefits of the midwest.

This year, we started later than normal: 10am. Cooked up breakfast, had some beers, hung out. It's quite fun. I'm sure we'll do it for the St Paul F4; we are currently using one of Tom Reid's lots for tailgating, which is just a couple blocks from the X*.

*For those of you who have been to St Paul before, it's the former Dairy Queen lot. Reid bought it, and is using the DQ building for storage for his bar.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
          They aren't official arena lots that are being used to tailgate.

Brent, you well and good the X offers more than Bud.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
            They aren't any official arena lots that are being used to tailgate.
            I suppose that is a key detail. A couple GPLers talk to the owners of said lots, explain situation, then we tailgate. This year, Tom Reid himself stopped by, and one of his bar managers did, too. Just making sure we're not being jerkfaces/drunkards. And we weren't.

Edit: Slappy: The X offers better, but not for $8, IIRC. I guess I don't know for sure, as I have never bought booze at the X.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
              They aren't official arena lots that are being used to tailgate.

Brent, you well and good the X offers more than Bud.
              I could expand my comment to lol, Boston parking lots? If you find one, let us know.
              ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

I could expand my comment to lol, Boston parking lots? If you find one, let us know.
                Again, why the midwest > you.

Comment

Again, why the midwest > you.
                  Well, you got way more of that 'land' thing going for you.
                  What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                    Well, you got way more of that 'land' thing going for you.
                    They are not making any more of it however...

Comment

Originally posted by Pure Mel View Post
                      They are not making any more of it however...
                      Sure they are. Pacific volcanoes. Sure, they aren't much to look at now, but in a few million years...

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                        Sure they are. Pacific volcanoes. Sure, they aren't much to look at now, but in a few million years...
                        Perhaps by then the NCAA will relent on beer sales.
                        ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Perhaps by then the NCAA will relent on beer sales.
                          If one is in THAT need of a beer/alcoholic beverage, one has a problem, or just isn't doing it right.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                            If one is in THAT need of a beer/alcoholic beverage, one has a problem, or just isn't doing it right.
                            Winner!
                            Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

No one is talking about "need." It would be nice though for an adult to be able to responsibly enjoy a couple of beers watching a the hockey game if they want to. There is no "need" not to sell beer either. For that small minority that choose to over-drink, it just encourages them to binge drink before they get in.

Comment

Originally posted by Tater View Post
                                No one is talking about "need." It would be nice though for an adult to be able to responsibly enjoy a couple of beers watching a the hockey game if they want to. There is no "need" not to sell beer either. For that small minority that choose to over-drink, it just encourages them to binge drink before they get in.
                                And again, if one has to "binge drink" before walking into the arena, then there is a problem there.

Comment

Working...
                                X