Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Frozen Four

Originally posted by joecct View Post
    Was there an all tournament team? I've searched all the articles, even the Providence Journal and Boston newspapers. Zip. Nada.
    This article has it:
    http://www.collegehockeynews.com/new...e_notebook.php

Comment

Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
      Thanks.
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Wanted to comment on the PC winning goal, that was one hell of a set play. Brought back memories of Shermerhorn's goal that beat Michigan in the 3OT game back in '95.

Center wins the draw and then blocks off his man from getting out to the PC player with the puck. Meanwhile the left wing is doing the same on his man, and the puck carrier just pops over to the center of the slot and unleashes a bomb. Just a terrific drawn up play.
        What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
          Wanted to comment on the PC winning goal, that was one hell of a set play. Brought back memories of Shermerhorn's goal that beat Michigan in the 3OT game back in '95.

Center wins the draw and then blocks off his man from getting out to the PC player with the puck. Meanwhile the left wing is doing the same on his man, and the puck carrier just pops over to the center of the slot and unleashes a bomb. Just a terrific drawn up play.
          not arguing but watch the film. dman pinched in and got burnt, wing for VU tok off up ice untouched. left wing didnt tie up anyone. hirrible in zibe coverage and bad faceoff loss. you cant draw up those 3 brain cramps

great play but they prob cover that every single orac

Comment

What was the story behind the shift of the PC fans last night into what had been the UND section on Thursday night? Has the NCAA taken to pulling the fan section from the losing teams from the semis? (Not that I'd necessarily blame them, given how empty those usually end up being...)
            Northeastern Huskies Class of 1998 / BS Chemical Engineering
            Notre Dame Fighting Irish Class of 2011 / PhD Chemical Engineering

But then again, isn't holding forth on an extreme opinion from a position of complete ignorance what these boards are all about? -- from a BigSoccer post by kerrunch

Britney can't sing. At all. She sounds like a cross between a crackhead chipmunk that had more than a couple beers and a drowning cat. -- DHG on the MTV VMAs

Comment

Was curious about that myself

Comment

Originally posted by Craig P. View Post
                What was the story behind the shift of the PC fans last night into what had been the UND section on Thursday night? Has the NCAA taken to pulling the fan section from the losing teams from the semis? (Not that I'd necessarily blame them, given how empty those usually end up being...)
                I saw that as well. Perhaps those UND fans sold their tickets.

Comment

• Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
                  I saw that as well. Perhaps those UND fans sold their tickets.
                  I doubt it, for the semi final the sections to the right of me were Jammed with pc fans. for the final those sections were pretty diverse With only the top part being pc fans. They must have moved people for some reason. I assume tv
                  I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

I think they flipped PC and UND, possibly to have PC fans on the side the TV cameras face? The section that was PC on Thursday seemed a lot greener last night.
                    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

It would be pretty hard to flip the sections as most of the tix were sold as a 2 day set....best guess is the UND fans sold their tix and went home

Comment

Originally posted by satyking View Post
                        It would be pretty hard to flip the sections as most of the tix were sold as a 2 day set....best guess is the UND fans sold their tix and went home
                        Many of the fans in the ticket allotments from the NCAA only received day one tickets when they purchased and had to pick up day two on Friday at the team hotel, that's where the switch could've happened.
                        ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

The section that was und's thursday was solely pc fans. Have a hard time believing that they all sold their tix and to only pc fans. Had to have been an orchestrated move. Just don't know how you go about pulling that off though.

Comment

Oh i see bonanza has a theory. That would explain it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                              The last FF in Boston, I was crushed so I know it feels.BU is back and will continue on at a high level.
                              I know you know how it feels! I was there as well. We were sitting in the loge almost directly behind the net where the goal was "disallowed." My buddy from UMO was with me. It took all the air out of the building. To me, just not the intent of the rule - the guy's skate was a millimeter into the crease and it had NO bearing on the play. Maine never recovered. The 6 on 3 at the end was unbelievable...that was just one of those nights they could have played ten periods and Maine wasn't going to score after that disallowed goal. So, yes, you just don't forget those things. To have Maine AND/or BU win in Boston would have been amazing but it was just not to be. All you can do is move on and look with optimism toward next year.
                              Last edited by chickod; 04-12-2015, 05:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                                I know you know how it feels! I was there as well. We were sitting in the loge almost directly behind the net where the goal was "disallowed." My buddy from UMO was with me. It took all the air out of the building. To me, just not the intent of the rule - the guy's skate was a millimeter into the crease and it had NO bearing on the play. Maine never recovered. The 6 on 3 at the end was unbelievable...that was just one of those nights they could have played ten periods and Maine wasn't going to score after that disallowed goal. So, yes, you just don't forget those things. To have Maine AND/or BU win in Boston would have been amazing but it was just not to be. All you can do is move on and look with optimism toward next year.
                                There was a kid behind us who started crying after the game, that got my son crying. I never slept a wink that night. Tossed and turned all night. Funny how involved you can get in a game you have absolutely no control over.
                                I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Working...
                                X