Union College: 2015-2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Union College: 2015-2016

Kudos to Shayne Gostisbehere -- and Union for giving him his start. Despite the loss to the Caps, the Flyers would not have put together the season they did without him on the D-line. It's amazing to see a player from an ECAC team plug right in to an NHL team and play so consistently -- and at a high level - right away. There are many years of great contributions ahead for this lad...
    COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

@DarionHanson33: Excited to announce my commitment to play D1 hockey at Union College. Thanks to everyone that has helped me along the way! @UnionHockey
      QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
      2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
      2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
      2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
      https://twitter.com/QHockeyBlog
      https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
      https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

Originally posted by UFan View Post
        Agreed with most of what you said...
        Goaltending is a big unknown. Sak never make me feel warm and fuzzy... Kupsky, I'm not sure, he still plays like a "young" goaltender. Young, why not! Let's see what happens early in the season.
        As far as the D is concerned, they're average IMO, with bad mistakes creeping in too often, and we certainly miss a strong dependable player or 2 in there, a guy who will not make mistakes with a good read of the game.
        Offensively, we have the individual talent but the lines seem to have trouble clicking consistently. I have high hopes for Supinsky, Vidmar and Maier. They had a rough year last year so I hope they kick it up a notch this year. Seniors are big question marks in those lines...

Goaltending : see above
        Light, Wilkins : Lots of character I agree, skill on the ice? meh...
        Hynes : in 17 games, 23 shots on goal, 0 goals, 4 assits, 4 blocks... a bit light for a forward...
        You can certainly get more out of Hynes if you give him more.... more ice time. He was a 20 goal scorer in the USHL and turned around an awful Fargo team. Why they don't give this kid any opportunity is ridiculous. Not to mention he's the only guy that can check hard without taking a penalty!

Comment

Originally posted by Vaportrail View Post
          Sak finished well, and his save percentage would have been still higher without (inexperienced) breakdowns in front of him. He doesn't lack athleticism or "in game awareness". He will not regress.
          Kupsky showed the skills the San Jose Sharks saw when they drafted him, but he is raw. He has a chance to be very good.
          Light is athletic and can really skate. He's a pro prospect according to the NHL guys.
          Wilkins was a captain and he received a nice pro contract. Rick Bennett and the Flames aren't embarrassed.
          Hynes is a high-character guy who has a role and adds to the team. Ask Bennett.
          While the graduating class is not a strong hockey class, it's made up of impressive young men - and National Champions - and if you met each of them over the last four years, you would not say Union is "losing essentially nothing".
          If you haven't figured out why Harrison had a bad year it's because he went from the BCHL to the USHL. He had the year he should have had in the USHL.... it's a man's league.

Comment

Hynes=winner
            On and off ice and few work harder

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
              Hynes=winner
              On and office and few work harder
              Appreciate that. They all are great kids ... including this year's seniors. I had a chance to hear our President (Union) and his wife in Boston last night talk about the school. Had a great alumni turnout. He talked a lot about the hockey banquet which he had just attended and detailed the remarkable accomplishments on and off the ice of our five seniors, Fullbright, Goldwater and Truman Scholarships, defending thesis presentations, tremendous community projects, remarkable kids. Those seniors are great assets to the school and to the ECAC. Its tough listening to some non-athletic townie puke trash them and pretend he knows something about athleticism and hockey.
              DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
              DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Home/home with RPI announced for 28/29 Oct; also the weekend RIT comes to town will include Niagara, not really much of a surprise there, but the dates are set for that: http://www.troyrecord.com/sports/201...edule-released

I would venture a guess, unless you're opening the season in Ann Arbor, that you'd probably play Michigan around Thanksgiving. Still three opponents to figure out.

Comment

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
                  Great shot of Union Award Winners !!!
                  http://www.unionathletics.com/news/2...m-banquet.aspx including
                  WILKINS
                  ROY
                  Kudos to this year's batch of award winners! It was good to see Roy get recognition for his work along with the the other recipients. Union should have a good year as I see Quinnipiac having to rebuild.

Comment

"Future is bright for men’s ice hockey"
                    By Robert Rizos - May 12, 2016
                    http://www.concordy.com/sports/2016/...ns-ice-hockey/

The class of 2020 recruiting class shows great potential for future success. (Anna Klug I Concordiensis)

The Dutchmen, who finished 9th in the ECAC last year, are looking forward to building off of an up-and-down 2015-16 campaign with the addition of nine promising recruits.

As a team that finished 8th in scoring in the ECAC last year, Union is in need of a definite boost to the offense to compete in a conference that finished last season with eight teams ranked in the top 25 in the nation.
                    Last edited by Dutchman; 05-13-2016, 10:02 AM.
                    DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                    DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

One more time - Next Year ..... starting with returning players

1 Foo - Vecchione - Supinski
                      2 Walker - Scarfo - Maier
                      3 Dufour - Litchenwald - Vidmar
                      4 Ammirato - Taylor - Pontarelli

5 Hynes

1 Bassard - Light
                      2 Cambell - Taylor
                      3 Krug - DeSimone

Sak
                      Kupsky
                      Young

--------------------------------------------
                      Freshmen -

Brown - F
                      Rinaldi - F
                      Burton - F
                      Harrison - F
                      Newhouse - D
                      Vas Kulias - D

On paper, this is a stronger team than last year.
                      DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                      DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Next year (2016-2107) it looks like we have one of the more aggressive NC schedules in the ECAC. I am assuming that 9 of our 12 NC will include:

Michigan(2)
                        N. Dakota
                        B.U.
                        Niagra - top AHA
                        RIT - top AHA
                        Umass Amherst
                        Vermont

RPI will be #9. I am not sure who the other three will be. Perhaps a tournament. Looking at the other ECAC teams it appears that many have scheduled UML this year. Last year it looked like Merrimack had lots of ECAC NC foes.

Not sure what to expect for the ECAC this year non-conference wise. The non- ivy's can help by getting some wins early.
                        DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                        DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Next year (2016-2107) it looks like we have one of the more aggressive NC schedules in the ECAC. I am assuming that 9 of our 12 NC will include:

Michigan(2)
                          N. Dakota
                          B.U.
                          Niagra - top AHA
                          RIT - top AHA
                          Umass Amherst
                          Vermont

RPI will be #9. I am not sure who the other three will be. Perhaps a tournament. Looking at the other ECAC teams it appears that many have scheduled UML this year. Last year it looked like Merrimack had lots of ECAC NC foes.

Not sure what to expect for the ECAC this year non-conference wise. The non- ivy's can help by getting some wins early.
                          Clarkson has a tough Non-Conf Schedule and with no AHA teams unless they meet Holy Cross in the ND Tourney might be a tad more difficult than Unions.

vs. Vermont
                          @ Vermont
                          vs. UNH
                          vs. Merrimack
                          @ UMass-Lowell
                          @ Providence
                          vs. Wisconsin
                          vs. Minnesota
                          Notre Dame tournament (vs. Notre Dame, play winner/loser of Yale and Holy Cross)
                          @ Northeastern
                          vs. RPI in Lake Placid
                          Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                          And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                          WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                          If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Originally posted by vicb View Post
                            might be a tad more difficult than Unions.
                            Agreed .....
                            Great opportunity for both of us and for the rest of the non- ivy's to establish a strong league NC record.
                            DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                            DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Michigan(2)
                              N. Dakota
                              B.U.
                              Niagra - top AHA
                              RIT - top AHA
                              Umass Amherst
                              Vermont

So next year's season lasts 91 years?

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                                So next year's season lasts 91 years?
                                Picky, Picky ..... so how does RPI's NC schedule look? If memory serves me last year you had a tough one.
                                DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                                DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Working...
                                X