Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Union College: 2015-2016

Originally posted by sk8tronthepond View Post
    It's the thought that counts! My condolences to the Union Hockey family.
    I changed my post.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

My condolences to wholin1 and family, as well. I always thought he was one of the most knowledgeable posters here and enjoyed reading his thoughts.

RIP, buddy.
      Union Hockey

2014 National Champions!!!!

Comment

If someone could post an obituary, I would love to read it. I didn't know him personally, so I wouldn't even know where to begin to look.
        Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
          If someone could post an obituary, I would love to read it. I didn't know him personally, so I wouldn't even know where to begin to look.
          http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/tim...723&fhid=27355
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

My condolences also.

Looking for picks from the following contestants:

engineerhockeyfan
            fr.Joe
            jstadts
            sshablak
            StayPuftMMcu
            TchrBill
            DisplacedCornellian

You have until 4PM today to get your picks in.

http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...91#post6297991
            Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
            And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
            WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
            If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Thanks. You know, he does look vaguely familiar. I actually did think I met him on my cruise to the Bahamas a few years ago. I was talking to a big Union hockey fan from Rensselaer County and he was super excited about the NC. Weird.
              Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

About 3 hours left to get your picks in:

jstadts
                StayPuftMMcu
                DisplacedCornellian

You have until 4PM today.

http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...91#post6297991
                Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Very sad to hear about Bill (Wholin1) and my best thoughts & condolences to his friends & family. Union Hockey has lost a great friend & supporter, and his contributions both to the program and this board are sorely missed. Is nice to see the other kind words from some of our rival posters, especially the ones from across the River. Makes you realize what is important in life..
                  UNIONNY HOCKEY - Not in Kentucky anymore..

Comment

Originally posted by GB-BE-ME View Post
                    Dear Union Hockey Forum participants. I know many of you followed the posts of wholin1 over the years (less so in recent months). Sadly, he passed away on Monday night after a courageous battle with cancer. His devotion to Union Hockey and to his college (Class of '72) and the joy he took from both was contagious and inspiring. He will be missed but not forgotten. I know how much he enjoyed engaging with all of you and I think we'll all agree he stayed positive at all times. Godspeed to our loyal Union Hockey friend. A huge loss for us.
                    Sorry for the loss to the Union community, I am sure he was glad to see Union win it all in '14.
                    YALE HOCKEY
                    2013 National Champions

Comment

With Tampa hosting the FF again and two seasons removed from its Lake Placid success and the national championship in Philadelphia, the Union faithful can not help but be a bit wistful this Sunday. Will 2017 witness a resurgent campaign? The competition in the ECAC continues to accelerate. The recruiting wars intensify. The Penn States and Arizona States of the world, with mega budgets, not to mention the usual suspects, would seem to make a reappearance on the big stage more improbable. Who knows? Not many years ago, the odds makers would have laughed at the prospect of Union going the distance. In any event, there is still an afterglow and an indelible pride.

Comment

Originally posted by Miami Ice View Post
                        With Tampa hosting the FF again and two seasons removed from its Lake Placid success and the national championship in Philadelphia, the Union faithful can not help but be a bit wistful this Sunday. Will 2017 witness a resurgent campaign? The competition in the ECAC continues to accelerate. The recruiting wars intensify. The Penn States and Arizona States of the world, with mega budgets, not to mention the usual suspects, would seem to make a reappearance on the big stage more improbable. Who knows? Not many years ago, the odds makers would have laughed at the prospect of Union going the distance. In any event, there is still an afterglow and an indelible pride.
                        Wistful - for sure. But having followed Union since they went Division i in '91, never in a million years would I have ever imagined being able to use "Union" in the same sentence as "National Champions." But it never gets old. All I have to do is watch the game highlights on YouTube and I'm back in Phillie!
                        Hockey is life, the rest is just details!

Comment

A couple of pieces of good news.. a twitter "rumor" from a College Hockey News scribe says Bennett is not in the running for the UMass position. I'm assuming this is Rick's decision and would say its a good one. The competition in HE is ridiculous with BC, BU, Leaman at Providence, UML a consistent top 15, etc. Chances of failure at Amherst are pretty high.

Also, congrats to Vecks being named to 3rd team All-ECAC. He had a tough start to the season but came on strong in league play. Very deserved especially after getting kinda hosed last year with no recognition despite a 50-point season. I'm hoping he has one more big season left!
                          UNIONNY HOCKEY - Not in Kentucky anymore..

Comment

Originally posted by ADK11 View Post
                            Very sad to hear about Bill (Wholin1) and my best thoughts & condolences to his friends & family. Union Hockey has lost a great friend & supporter, and his contributions both to the program and this board are sorely missed. Is nice to see the other kind words from some of our rival posters, especially the ones from across the River. Makes you realize what is important in life..
                            While I did not know Bill very well, I dealt with him on various matters through the years. He was known in the legal community in the Capital District as a class act, highly respected by both the judges and the attorneys in the area. His election as President of the County Bar Association is proof positive of that respect.

Comment

Next Year .....

Foo - Vecchione - Supinski
                              Walker - Scarfo - Maier
                              Dufour - Litchenwald - Vidmar
                              Ammirato - Taylor - Pontarelli

Hynes

Bassard - Light
                              Cambell - Taylor
                              Krug - DeSimone

Sak
                              Kupsky
                              Young

--------------------------------------------

Freshmen -

Brown
                              Burton
                              Rinaldi
                              Foo
                              Harrison
                              Newhouse
                              Novak
                              Vas Kulias
                              Last edited by Dutchman; 04-01-2016, 02:11 PM.
                              DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                              DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

You forgot to include one of our bigger recruits Vas Kulias

Comment

Working...
                                X