Union College: 2015-2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Union College: 2015-2016

Dear Union Hockey Forum participants. I know many of you followed the posts of wholin1 over the years (less so in recent months). Sadly, he passed away on Monday night after a courageous battle with cancer. His devotion to Union Hockey and to his college (Class of '72) and the joy he took from both was contagious and inspiring. He will be missed but not forgotten. I know how much he enjoyed engaging with all of you and I think we'll all agree he stayed positive at all times. Godspeed to our loyal Union Hockey friend. A huge loss for us.

Comment

RIP wholin1. My condolences to family and friends. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Comment

Originally posted by GB-BE-ME View Post
        Dear Union Hockey Forum participants. I know many of you followed the posts of wholin1 over the years (less so in recent months). Sadly, he passed away on Monday night after a courageous battle with cancer. His devotion to Union Hockey and to his college (Class of '72) and the joy he took from both was contagious and inspiring. He will be missed but not forgotten. I know how much he enjoyed engaging with all of you and I think we'll all agree he stayed positive at all times. Godspeed to our loyal Union Hockey friend. A huge loss for us.
        My condolences on the loss of wholin1. At least he lived long enough to see a national championship at Union, something that was thought of as impossible back in 1991 when they made the jump. Not only one of the best Union posters on here, but one of the best posters in general. My condolences to his friends and family.
        Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
          In looking at next year we are losing one defenseman but bringing in three

2016-2017 2017-2018 2018-2019
          Union College 2016-17 KOLIAS, Vasili LD Youngstown Phantoms (USHL) 02/22/16
          Union College 2016-17 NEWHOUSE, Benjamin RD Waterloo Black Hawks (USHL) 02/27/14
          Union College 2016-17 RYAN, Michael RD Tabor Academy Seawolves (NEDI) 09/09/15

Union College 2017-18 BRIERLEY, Taylor LD Cedar Rapids RoughRiders (USHL) 02/17/16
          Union College 2017-18 LENEAVE, Will LD Carleton Place Canadians (CCHL) 02/03/16
          Union College 2017-18 ESTES, Brandon RD Lone Star Brahmas (NAHL) 05/15/15
          Union College 2018-19 PIRKO, Ben LD Selects Academy 16UNat at South Kent School (USP16) 04/22/15
          Union College 2018-19 FINEMAN, Fletcher RD Omaha AAA HC 16U (NAPH16) 08/31/15

Any chance we may move up some of the 2017-2018 recruits as well?
          I think only Kolias and Newhouse are coming in next season. Bennett mentioned two defensemen coming in on the coaches show last night, and I'm pretty sure those two are it. Last I knew, Ryan was going to do a year of juniors next year.

Comment

His passing is a big loss for the Union hockey community. Aside from being one of the best contributors here, he was a vice president for the Garnet Blades. It was quite a shock when I heard of his passing on the coaches show last night.

Comment

Really sad to hear this; I did have the chance to meet him. If SlyFoxMan still lurks, or you happen to see him, would you please pass along my sympathies?

Comment

Originally posted by Vaportrail View Post
                RIP wholin1. My condolences to family and friends. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
                +1
                DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Wow. My condolences to his family and friends. He was definitely a huge part of the community here and he will be missed.
                  RPI Pep Band
                  GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
                  🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
                  2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
                  2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

RIP wholin1. My condolences to all who knew him.
                    Let's go Union !
                    ECAC Regular season champion : 2010-11, 2011-12, 2013-14, 2016-17
                    ECAC Tournament champion : 2012, 2013, 2014
                    NCAA champion : 2014

Comment

Eternal rest grant unto Wholin1, O Lord. And let the perpetual light shine upon him. And may the souls of all the faithful departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace. Amen.

Did not know him but the ultimate Gentlemen on this thread. Union fans, I am sorry for your loss.
                      "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

My condolences also to the memory of wholin1's rational posts.
                        Last edited by Ralph Baer; 03-17-2016, 11:19 AM.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                          My condolences also.

BTW, Aspy, I am virtually certain that he was Jewish (from following his posts), so this may not have been the most appropriate prayer.
                          It's the thought that counts! My condolences to the Union Hockey family.
                          I've been lost since 1989. I got a breakaway on a frozen river and have been skating ever since.

Comment

Condolences to the wholin1 family, and the Union fans that knew him.

I had the pleasure of meeting him back in 2010 during the quarterfinal series (yes, the 5-OT game). A true gentleman here on the forum and in person as well. I've missed his level-headed posts for some time and wondered what had happened.
                            Quinnipiac Bobcats
                            2023 National Champions
                            ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                            ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                            East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
                            Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
                            Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                            Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

• very sorry to ear about wholin1. Always had very insightful interactions on here. Thoughts and prayers to his family and friends.

Comment

So sorry to hear the news about Wholin1's death. Prayers and remembrances to his family.

Comment

Working...
                                X