Union College: 2015-2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Union College: 2015-2016

Does this look right for next year? Looks like three defensemen next year ? 9 recruits in total for 2016-2017? Can that be right? We are only losing six, Henry + 5 seniors. Seven if Vec leaves. Any chance Vec will stay for his senior year? Another Novak returns !!!! We will have two Foos !!!

Union College 2016-17 KOLIAS, Vasili LD Youngstown Phantoms (USHL) 02/22/16
    Union College 2017-18 BRIERLEY, Taylor LD Cedar Rapids RoughRiders (USHL) 02/17/16
    Union College 2017-18 EMELIFEONWU, Zachary LW Kingston Voyageurs (OJHL) 02/08/16
    Union College 2017-18 LENEAVE, Will LD Carleton Place Canadians (CCHL) 02/03/16
    Union College 2016-17 RINALDI, Anthony RW Kingston Voyageurs (OJHL) 12/21/15
    Union College 2017-18 KOSACK, Josh RW Oakville Blades (OJHL) 11/30/15
    Union College 2016-17 BROWN, Luc RW Wellington Dukes (OJHL) 10/21/15
    Union College 2016-17 RYAN, Michael RD Tabor Academy Seawolves (NEDI) 09/09/15
    Union College 2018-19 FINEMAN, Fletcher RD Omaha AAA HC 16U (NAPH16) 08/31/15
    Union College 2016-17 HARRISON, Sean LW Bloomington Thunder (USHL) 08/07/15
    Union College 2016-17 BURTON, Ryan LW Cowichan Valley Capitals (BCHL) 05/27/15
    Union College 2017-18 ESTES, Brandon RD Lone Star Brahmas (NAHL) 05/15/15
    Union College 2018-19 PIRKO, Ben LD Selects Academy 16UNat at South Kent School (USP16) 04/22/15
    Union College 2017-18 CMUNT, Justin RW Johnstown Tomahawks (NAHL) 04/15/15
    Union College 2016-17 FOO, Parker LW Brooks Bandits (AJHL) 12/02/14
    Union College 2016-17 NEWHOUSE, Benjamin RD Waterloo Black Hawks (USHL) 02/27/14
    Union College 2016-17 NOVAK, Wade RW North Jersey Avalanche 18U (AYHL18) 10/15/13
    DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
    DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

http://www.dailygazette.com/news/201...nhockey/?dgzrg

Pretty decent overview of the season, I think. Little production from the power play, inconsistent overall play, and the worst of it all - blown 3rd period leads. We've talked about the latter ad nauseum, but I find the 'inconsistent' label to be spot on. These guys played a better out of conference schedule than I anticipated - beating BU & Robert Morris, tying Michigan, and beating the other non-ECAC teams they should beat. But it was as if a switch was turned off the second the league schedule hit.

A 2-1-3 start wasn't bad, given the competition, but as soon as RPI showed up on October 30th, it was as if they got nervous & scared. Same thing happened during the holidays - good out of conference play from Thanksgiving through the new year, then they get whacked at Q where they didn't show up. Inconsistent and enigmatic pretty much sums it up for me. Whatever the issue is, it seems as if they're not hungry enough when the league schedule hits.
      Union Hockey

2014 National Champions!!!!

Comment

UMass fired their coach and their AD made a statement that they want to find someone like Leaman.. rumor-mill is they may go after Bennett.. sigh..
        UNIONNY HOCKEY - Not in Kentucky anymore..

Comment

Originally posted by ADK11 View Post
          UMass fired their coach and their AD made a statement that they want to find someone like Leaman.. rumor-mill is they may go after Bennett.. sigh.
          An article in the New Hampshire Gazette says the same thing. Even published a picture of Bennett. Not sure that I would fault him if he left. He has his family to think about. I think he could do better heading out west. We could never match UMASS paywise. In football a while back, they paid 1 Million for a Notre Dame Assistant who crashed and burned. While UMASS might pay for his skills, I don't think they would appreciate them. Amherst is drugs and political correctness. I think he would do great at Michigan, BC, NH, even some IVY. IMO the big advantage for him in leaving Schenectady is that he would no longer have to deal with that complete a**hole at the Schenectady Gazette.
          Last edited by Dutchman; 03-09-2016, 12:21 PM.
          DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
          DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Originally posted by aweise View Post
            Whatever the issue is, it seems as if they're not hungry enough when the league schedule hits.
            Seems that way to me as well. IMO after the Mayors cup loss to RPI Bennett threw in all the freshmen and things started to turn around. Then he started to bring back the upperclassmen culminating in the Colgate loss. If you look at the year that some of the jrs and seniors had, they were regressing. Bennett is very loyal to his players and he wants his players to step up. You cannot fault him and I should not be second guessing him. I would have leaned more heavily on the freshmen class.

We are losing two defensive minded forwards, Cruice and Wilkins and one defenseman. If Vec and Taylor return with commitment, Sak keeps developing and this next class shines, we could be competitive enough to return to Lake Placid.

Our transition to "offensive hockey" should continue.
            DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
            DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Oh captain my captain

Comment

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
                An article in the New Hampshire Gazette says the same thing. Even published a picture of Bennett. Not sure that I would fault him if he left. He has his family to think about. I think he could do better heading out west. We could never match UMASS paywise. In football a while back, they paid 1 Million for a Notre Dame Assistant who crashed and burned. While UMASS might pay for his skills, I don't think they would appreciate them. Amherst is drugs and political correctness. I think he would do great at Michigan, BC, NH, even some IVY. IMO the big advantage for him in leaving Schenectady is that he would no longer have to deal with that complete a**hole at the Schenectady Gazette.
                http://www.gazettenet.com/Sports/UMa...r-hockey-coach
                "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by ADK11 View Post
                  UMass fired their coach and their AD made a statement that they want to find someone like Leaman.. rumor-mill is they may go after Bennett.. sigh..
                  Could be Ben Barr
                  "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
                    Could be Ben Barr
                    Could be... I'd wish Ben well. I wonder if they're looking for a New England coach to recruit their region? I wonder if BB was at Providence with Lehman long enough to be a credible recruiting figure in New England.

Comment

Looking for the 2nd Round picks for the following contestants in the ECAC Pick the Playoffs:

97osu
                      aweise
                      Brett Gobe
                      jstadts
                      lugnut92
                      Nate Owen USCHO
                      QU2201
                      Rjm7272
                      sshablak
                      TchrBill

You have until 7PM Fri night.

http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...81#post6291781
                      Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                      And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                      WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                      If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Isn't Rick Bennett under contract to stay at Union for several more years? This article reads "New deal will keep Bennett at Union through 2021-22," though admittedly I'm unsure of how this process works. Would hate to see Bennett leave.
                        Let's Go Union!!

Comment

Isn't Rick Bennett under contract for several more years? Though I'm admittedly unsure of how this process works, an article I found read, "New deal will keep Bennett at Union through 2021-22." Would hate to see him leave.
                          Let's Go Union!!

Comment

Looking for the last contestant for the 2nd Round picks in the ECAC Pick the Playoffs:

lugnut92 where are you??? You have until 7PM tonight.

http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...81#post6291781
                            Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                            And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                            WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                            If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Isn't Bennett under contract to stay for at least several more years?
                              Let's Go Union!!

Comment

Originally posted by UnionFan View Post
                                Isn't Bennett under contract to stay for at least several more years?
                                I believe he has about five more years on his current contract. Don't think he's going anywhere.
                                Hockey is life, the rest is just details!

Comment

Working...
                                X