replied
    Re: Union College: 2015-2016

http://thehockeywriters.com/unions-m...senior-season/

Leave a comment:

• FlagDUDE08
    replied

Originally posted by sk8tronthepond View Post
    You have contradicted yourself with the understatement of the year!
    To quote Nate Leaman: "No comment."

Leave a comment:

• sk8tronthepond
    replied

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    Not necessarily; Leaman may be a decent enough coach that he can play with what he's been dealt and be successful.
    You have contradicted yourself with the understatement of the year!

Leave a comment:

• FlagDUDE08
    replied

Originally posted by sk8tronthepond View Post
    Flaggy, you are so wrong on this that it is laughable. That means Nate won a National Championship last year at Providence with a class of Tim Army's, therefore, it wasn't "his" team. I would also take the success of the mid-90's over what "the neighbors" have now!
    Not necessarily; Leaman may be a decent enough coach that he can play with what he's been dealt and be successful.

Leave a comment:

• sk8tronthepond
    replied

It's a much different bear when you're running the whole shindig, as your neighbours across the Hudson found out in the mid-90's.
    Flaggy, you are so wrong on this that it is laughable. That means Nate won a National Championship last year at Providence with a class of Tim Army's, therefore, it wasn't "his" team. I would also take the success of the mid-90's over what "the neighbors" have now!

Leave a comment:

• FlagDUDE08
    replied

Originally posted by aweise View Post
    Many (if not all) of which Bennett played a big role in bringing to Union. I don't think we can indict Bennett as a coach when you lose talent like Gostisbehere, Bodie, & Ciampini (among others) over the past two years.
    One thing to remember: Bennett had the responsibilities of an assistant coach under Leaman, and had pretty much the primary role of recruiting. It's a much different bear when you're running the whole shindig, as your neighbours across the Hudson found out in the mid-90's.

Lots of teams see talent advancing to the next level before the four years is up. It's the nature of what a development league is. As much as I said Bennett hasn't proved himself as a coach with his own kids, he also hasn't shown to be mediocre. There's only a few coaches out there that can show immediate excellence despite any hand that's handed to them, like Jim Montgomery at Denver. After all, look what he did with Dubuque in the USHL! The key here is what happens with these next couple years, and that will define not only Bennett as a head coach, and also his staff's recruitment abilities.

Leave a comment:

• aweise
    replied
    Doesn't mean another place can't buy out his contract, like Providence did with Leaman. Bennett hasn't proved himself with his own kids yet, though; 13-14 was still very much Leaman's recruits.
    Many (if not all) of which Bennett played a big role in bringing to Union. I don't think we can indict Bennett as a coach when you lose talent like Gostisbehere, Bodie, & Ciampini (among others) over the past two years.

Leave a comment:

• FlagDUDE08
    replied

Originally posted by UnionFan View Post
    Isn't Bennett under contract to stay for at least several more years?
    Doesn't mean another place can't buy out his contract, like Providence did with Leaman. Bennett hasn't proved himself with his own kids yet, though; 13-14 was still very much Leaman's recruits.

Leave a comment:

• cavbim
    replied
    Originally posted by fr. joe View Post
    Could be... I'd wish Ben well. I wonder if they're looking for a New England coach to recruit their region? I wonder if BB was at Providence with Lehman long enough to be a credible recruiting figure in New England.
    Benny was with Leaman 3 years at Providence and had a hand in recruiting ll but 3 players on last year's national championship team. Weren't about a dozen of the players in your championship game from Leaman, which unless he's changed MO means the whole staff including Benny had a hand in getting those guys. The 2 years out West at Western Mich add an interesting element to his resume. You don't see very often coaches break that East/West divide. Might have enhanced his western recruiting ties and a school like UMass needs to expand their recruiting base. They will never beat BC and BU for the elite players

As far as Ricky goes I would think since he is available now with the cache of having a Natty he would tell UMass you want me or you don't. Can't see him letting them jerk him around. Unless you have heard something else I wouldn't be concerned yet

Then again Benny has to get a chance somewhere and with his knowledge of the school Union might be a perfect first job

Leave a comment:

• Goaliefan
    replied

Originally posted by UnionFan View Post
    I believe he has about five more years on his current contract. Don't think he's going anywhere.

Leave a comment:

• UnionFan
    replied

Leave a comment:

• vicb
    replied

Looking for the last contestant for the 2nd Round picks in the ECAC Pick the Playoffs:

lugnut92 where are you??? You have until 7PM tonight.

http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...81#post6291781

Leave a comment:

• UnionFan
    replied

Isn't Rick Bennett under contract for several more years? Though I'm admittedly unsure of how this process works, an article I found read, "New deal will keep Bennett at Union through 2021-22." Would hate to see him leave.

Leave a comment:

• UnionFan
    replied

Isn't Rick Bennett under contract to stay at Union for several more years? This article reads "New deal will keep Bennett at Union through 2021-22," though admittedly I'm unsure of how this process works. Would hate to see Bennett leave.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X