Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXXIII: A Fanbase Gets Smarter When All The Idiots Jump Ship

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXXIII: A Fanbase Gets Smarter When All The Idiots Jump Shi

Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
    This isn't strictly hockey related, but many of you may be interested. The athletic department released the 2014-15 Annual Report: http://issuu.com/uwathletics/docs/2015_annualreport_2_
    The page dedicated to the men's program was something else. Here's the gist.

"We still play hockey here!"

"People pay to see the games!"

"We're young!"

"We still play hockey here!"
    Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXXIII: A Fanbase Gets Smarter When All The Idiots Jump Shi

I saw BA is squeezing the Volleyball alum to finance a new locker room for them. It isn't like UW isn't flush with FB and BB money. Reminds me of when he squeezed hockey alum for Labahn, then cheaped it out. What a cheap BAsstard.
      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

20+ wins or Eaves should get the can. No excuses this time. Do or die. I think the younger forwards from last year will take a big step. Really want to see how much Cameron Hughes has come along. Not quite sure how to judge the incoming freshman as you can't really rely on them for much because they have to adjust to a higher level. Dmen are just a bunch of "meh" to me. The new goaltender will be interesting to watch; he put up some pretty good numbers last year.

Comment

• Originally posted by NEWI Badger Fan View Post
          First of all all Almington, I trust your judgment. I beg to differ that BA does not have any clout. Unfortunately, he does. That is our problem. Please refresh my memory or enlighten me that his decisions does does not affect Wisconsin Hockey.

Wisconsin Hockey: We are cursed
          He does have clout, but the hockey program isn't his day-to-day priority, raising money in giant piles for various athletic related projects is. What that means is that he doesn't personally care about the hockey program unless someone MAKES him care. It's clear that the fans have not been able to make him care and the assistant AD Jason King who is in charge of the hockey programs either has not made him care, has been brainwashed by Eaves, arrogantly thinks he can fix the program or will be caught in the fall out and blamed for the disastrous state that hockey is in.

The problems in the ADept go deeper than just Alvarez, when no one cares passionately about the program, the result is lowered standards, rot from within and a 4-win season.

It can be argued that they are just taking their cues from the man at the top, regardless someone needs to put on some big-boy pants, step up, and realize that the neglectful apathy is absolutely destroying this once proud program both in its reputation in the hockey world and with its rapidly shrinking ticket buying fanbase.

Comment

• Originally posted by Almington View Post
            He does have clout, but the hockey program isn't his day-to-day priority, raising money in giant piles for various athletic related projects is. What that means is that he doesn't personally care about the hockey program unless someone MAKES him care. It's clear that the fans have not been able to make him care and the assistant AD Jason King who is in charge of the hockey programs either has not made him care, has been brainwashed by Eaves, arrogantly thinks he can fix the program or will be caught in the fall out and blamed for the disastrous state that hockey is in.

The problems in the ADept go deeper than just Alvarez, when no one cares passionately about the program, the result is lowered standards, rot from within and a 4-win season.

It can be argued that they are just taking their cues from the man at the top, regardless someone needs to put on some big-boy pants, step up, and realize that the neglectful apathy is absolutely destroying this once proud program both in its reputation in the hockey world and with its rapidly shrinking ticket buying fanbase.
            Great encapsulation. And...it makes me very sad to understand this is the new normal at UW. I have a chance to meet Barry next week...unfortunately I will not be able to make the event, ugh. He really needs to hear from the fans, although empty seats may be enough of a statement
            Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
              Great encapsulation. And...it makes me very sad to understand this is the new normal at UW. I have a chance to meet Barry next week...unfortunately I will not be able to make the event, ugh. He really needs to hear from the fans, although empty seats may be enough of a statement
              Do what ever it takes and make that event!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You'd be a great representative for all of us.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                Do what ever it takes and make that event!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You'd be a great representative for all of us.
                I have another engagement that night and Mrs. Solo would crazy murder me if I told her I have skip that to go to the **** to see Mr. Alvarez (and Ron Dayne apparently) and inform him that the hockey fanbase is beyond despondent at and disillusioned with the state of the program.

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Comment

I have another engagement that night and Mrs. Solo would crazy murder me if I told her I have skip that to go to the **** to see Mr. Alvarez (and Ron Dayne apparently) and inform him that the hockey fanbase is beyond despondent at and disillusioned with the state of the program.
                  Her priorities are ALL messed up.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                    Her priorities are ALL messed up.
                    I agree

Comment

I'll go in your place! I'll tell him I'm solovsfett on USCHO and rip him a new *******!

Now that the Badger football season has officially started, are you getting fired up for Badger hockey? Personally, I am not. As much as I love football, hockey is my favorite sport. I sucked at it; I was probably the final guy who made the cut annually. I couldn't adjust from playing football to hockey with the flip of a calendar; that stoked my fire. While I can't wait for Center Ice programming to kick in, I've got to say the Badger hockey season to me means very little this year. I NEVER missed game on the radio or in person. Now.................
                      "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                        I'll go in your place! I'll tell him I'm solovsfett on USCHO and rip him a new *******!

Now that the Badger football season has officially started, are you getting fired up for Badger hockey? Personally, I am not. As much as I love football, hockey is my favorite sport. I sucked at it; I was probably the final guy who made the cut annually. I couldn't adjust from playing football to hockey with the flip of a calendar; that stoked my fire. While I can't wait for Center Ice programming to kick in, I've got to say the Badger hockey season to me means very little this year. I NEVER missed game on the radio or in person. Now.................

that would be awesome if someone from this board could go to the event and bend his ear a bit.

Hockey is my favorite sport (by just a hair over open wheel racing, and miles above football) but I honestly feel no anticipation for the coming season either for Wisconsin, nor for the NHL at the moment (the Blackhawks are my team and I'm bummed about Kane being such a scumbag). And normally I'm curious about the frosh and to see what strides the sophs and juniors have taken but now?

I honestly can't see myself tuning into more than 2-3 games this season. That's how far and how quickly my interest level has dropped.

Comment

Working...
                        X