Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXXIII: A Fanbase Gets Smarter When All The Idiots Jump Ship

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXXIII: A Fanbase Gets Smarter When All The Idiots Jump Shi

Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
    Gwoz is coaching High School hockey this year.

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/high...-bay-lightning

I can still hope for him to get the gig here(not likely, but I can dream.)
    It sure seems to be a ripe setup, take a year off coaching HS, then get back into college. Hindsight being 20/20, if BA/JK pulled the plug on Eaves, it's highly likely Gwoz would have been a real candidate. I just don't recall the timing of his leaving Tampa vs when the UW job would have been open. Let's hope MM, Strand and Bittner turn the old ship around this season. Who knows, if MM had made better hires years ago, we'd not be in the spot we are in now.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXXIII: A Fanbase Gets Smarter When All The Idiots Jump Shi

I must've missed when "MM" became a thing. Is the first "M" for "mediocre" or "metaphor"?
      If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
        I must've missed when "MM" became a thing. Is the first "M" for "mediocre" or "metaphor"?
        Metaphor Mike....
        gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

They both work IMO.

Comment

When does the season roster come out? It's usually around this time and I want to know who's actually going to be on this team this year.
            WISCONSIN BADGERS
            NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
            WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
            WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
            B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
            Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

Comment

Originally posted by UWisco View Post
              When does the season roster come out? It's usually around this time and I want to know who's actually going to be on this team this year.
              I think they're waiting until opening night, just to be safe.

Comment

• Originally posted by UWisco View Post
                Once classes start I believe.

Comment

Eaves on the larger roster:

“We are looking at having a different type of philosophy going into this year because of last year,” Eaves stated. “We are actually going to carry more guys on the roster, so that allows us, during the course of the week, to run a real high-tempo full scrimmage. We are going to have almost three lines on each team and four defenseman. That will make it very competitive. The message being sent is that unless you are willing to do the things that we need to do in terms of hard, smart and play as a team, then we are going to make changes in our lineup.

The newest lads to sign LOI's....
                  Name Pos. Ht. Wt. S/C Hometown Last Team
                  Tanner Barnes F 6-1 180 R Eagan, Minn. Johnstown Tomahawks (NAHL)
                  Will Johnson F 5-10 165 R Santa Barbara, Calif. Madison Capitols (USHL)
                  Matt Jurusiik G 6-1 195 L La Grange, Ill. Janesville Jets (NAHL)
                  Zac Keryluk F 6-2 215 R Verona, Wis. Jersey Hitmen (USPHL)
                  Patrick Sexton D 6-1 192 R Ottawa, Ontario Penticton Vees (BCHL)
                  Jarod Zirbel F 6-0 170 R Green Bay, Wis. Madison Capitols (USHL)

I am looking forward to this upcoming season. It will be fascinating to see who earns the icetime and how well they play.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

“We are looking at having a different type of philosophy going into this year because of last year,” Eaves stated. “We are actually going to carry more guys on the roster, so that allows us, during the course of the week, to run a real high-tempo full scrimmage. We are going to have almost three lines on each team and four defenseman. That will make it very competitive. The message being sent is that unless you are willing to do the things that we need to do in terms of hard, smart and play as a team, then we are going to make changes in our lineup.

I am looking forward to this upcoming season. It will be fascinating to see who earns the icetime and how well they play.
                    Whatever MM....when the "completion" isn't with a roster that is 1/3 division 3 caliber, give me a call and I'll consider getting season tickets again.

I was talking at the local rink with another dad who had been a 4 ticket season ticket holder that also is not renewing his, one observation/question I posed was who on this current roster is a dman that will play in the NHL with Doughrety now gone? All 6 of the regular dmen on the 2010 runner up team have played in the NHL....some at a real high level. While that was a special group for the ages....how do you go from 6 on one roster to realistically none on this one? Wittchow is a stretch (maybe he blossoms....but not seeing NHL in his future), and nothing else I've seen already play is even remotely close to NHL potential level.

Comment

• Originally posted by markwojo View Post
                      Whatever MM....when the "completion" isn't with a roster that is 1/3 division 3 caliber, give me a call and I'll consider getting season tickets again.

I was talking at the local rink with another dad who had been a 4 ticket season ticket holder that also is not renewing his, one observation/question I posed was who on this current roster is a dman that will play in the NHL with Doughrety now gone? All 6 of the regular dmen on the 2010 runner up team have played in the NHL....some at a real high level. While that was a special group for the ages....how do you go from 6 on one roster to realistically none on this one? Wittchow is a stretch (maybe he blossoms....but not seeing NHL in his future), and nothing else I've seen already play is even remotely close to NHL potential level.
                      I think you could include the entire team. I don't see anyone on this roster getting more than a cup of coffee in the show. Though I hope the frosh prove me wrong.
                      Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by markwojo View Post

UW is definitely lacking an elite D on the roster. Even Dougherty looked very shakey at times last year for a drafted guy. I think Tischke is a guy to watch. He's not an elite offensive D, but he's got elite defensive characteristics, got a little McDonagh in him physically, he'll level you. I saw more highlights of him stopping players in their tracks than I saw all of last year by the entire D corps. He could be their 3rd best D. Any way you cut that statement, it's an Yikes!

Comment

This isn't strictly hockey related, but many of you may be interested. The athletic department released the 2014-15 Annual Report: http://issuu.com/uwathletics/docs/2015_annualreport_2_

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

MM interpretation:

We are looking for hockey players who live and die by what I say. You cannot be creative; you need to conform to a rigid offensive system; cannot be dynamic on the power play; did I say it's my way or the highway; become conservative in the third period with a one or two goal lead playing not to lose (does not include last season because we may not have had that opportunity); for fringe players (possibly regular players), must be afraid to make a mistake for fear you will be in my dog house.

Sorry for the rant. Just my feelings about the program direction with the current head coach and AD. my $0.01 (not even $0.02).

Wisconsin Hockey: Would be nice if we cleaned house with AD and Coach.

Comment

• Originally posted by NEWI Badger Fan View Post
                              MM interpretation:

We are looking for hockey players who live and die by what I say. You cannot be creative; you need to conform to a rigid offensive system; cannot be dynamic on the power play; did I say it's my way or the highway; become conservative in the third period with a one or two goal lead playing not to lose (does not include last season because we may not have had that opportunity); for fringe players (possibly regular players), must be afraid to make a mistake for fear you will be in my dog house.

Sorry for the rant. Just my feelings about the program direction with the current head coach and AD. my $0.01 (not even $0.02).

Wisconsin Hockey: Would be nice if we cleaned house with AD and Coach.
                              Barry is just a fundraising figurehead (for the most part). The bigger issue is that the those with hands-on responsibility for oversight of the hockey program have not been able to see past Eaves metaphors and platitude to the significant deep decay in the overall program.

Comment

Originally posted by Almington View Post
                                Barry is just a fundraising figurehead (for the most part). The bigger issue is that the those with hands-on responsibility for oversight of the hockey program have not been able to see past Eaves metaphors and platitude to the significant deep decay in the overall program.

First of all all Almington, I trust your judgment. I beg to differ that BA does not have any clout. Unfortunately, he does. That is our problem. Please refresh my memory or enlighten me that his decisions does does not affect Wisconsin Hockey.

Wisconsin Hockey: We are cursed
                                Last edited by NEWI Badger Fan; 08-13-2015, 07:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X