Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXXIII: A Fanbase Gets Smarter When All The Idiots Jump Ship

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXXIII: A Fanbase Gets Smarter When All The Idiots Jump Shi

Originally posted by Badger Booster View Post
    Maybe it's selective memory on my part, but when I came to school here in the late 80's, men's hockey was the only team sport that was realistically competing for national titles. Now I'm not sure there is a Badger program farther off than them.
    This is a FACT, since the early 70's, until the football & basketball programs recently turned around (early 90's), Badger hockey sold out the Coliseum every Friday & Saturday night. Basketball was drawing +/-5000 and football was way under 50,000, if not under 40,000. It was constantly a joke that Badger hockey was carrying the UW athletic department. Now this ****. Every time another bad story comes out, I feel another kick in the grapes. I sit here and shake my head. I feel terrible saying this, but I hope the seats are empty, the season is another disaster, and 2016-17 has a new beginning.

NHL coaches used to tell Badger players to "Stay at Wisconsin and hone your skills", not go to the CHL because the Badger program sucks. This is exactly what's happening.

****!!!!
    Last edited by MadCityRich; 07-24-2015, 05:02 PM.
    "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXXIII: A Fanbase Gets Smarter When All The Idiots Jump Shi

Originally posted by Hammy View Post
      There's little doubt this is a direct result of how things are going at UW. Dougherty needs plenty of development time yet before he'll have a legit chance at the show
      Yep. Preds were fine with Vesey at Harvard.

Comment

It's starting to look like even the players are wondering if they should renew their season tickets!

Comment

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Comment

what a clustermuck. That explains why Sexton is coming. To bad he is no where near Dougherty's caliber nor is any other dman on the Badger roster. Worst collection of talent on D in over a dozen years.

Comment

• Originally posted by markwojo View Post
              what a clustermuck. That explains why Sexton is coming. To bad he is no where near Dougherty's caliber nor is any other dman on the Badger roster. Worst collection of talent on D in over a dozen years.
              I'd choose Wittchow and Schulze over Dougherty right now.
              WISCONSIN BADGERS
              NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
              WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
              WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
              B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
              Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

Comment

• Originally posted by markwojo View Post
                what a clustermuck. That explains why Sexton is coming.
                They were likely bringing in a Sexton-type guy regardless of Dougherty's decision. Sexton isn't a Dougherty replacement... They have an offer out on a kid to fill the spot.
                Last edited by Chuck Schwartz; 07-24-2015, 09:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by UWisco View Post
                  I'd choose Wittchow and Schulze over Dougherty right now.
                  I'd choose Dougherty over no-Dougherty, though.

As for the Sexton thing, I figured that was too soon to be thought of as a replacement.

Comment

Now Dougherty! Just unbelievable right now the state of things.

Chuck, or others in the know, is this a direct result of the state of the program? Seems to me it screams that, but I don't want to be to quick to judge.
                    gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
                      Now Dougherty! Just unbelievable right now the state of things.

Chuck, or others in the know, is this a direct result of the state of the program? Seems to me it screams that, but I don't want to be to quick to judge.
                      Even if it isn't, it is now a part of what has been happening (regardless of the cause of the decision). The team has almost completely flown off the radar of everyone who isn't already a diehard fan, leaving us to try and keep the conversation going (which is extraordinarily difficult, considering how hard it was to remind everyone that the best games in the 2013-14 school year were at the Kohl Center when the ice was exposed).

Regardless of the reason for Dougherty's departure, it's one more factor that will push away future recruits, hinder current performance, and ultimately continue the nosedive in a way I never would've thought possible, even amid the woes of the 2012-13 season.

Comment

Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
                        Never before have I thought so much about Bowling Green hockey in any particular summer. If Mike Eaves were magically granted Scotty Bowman caliber coaching abilities, he would still need to go, because there's only so much an amazing coach can do when he can't attract recruits. (The magical granting of coaching abilities would be kept secret in this thought experiment.)
                        we're honored to be thought about, but not sure what this has got to do with the Falcons.
                        there's no comparison between your current troubles and BG's past woes (fortunately we've now got an amazing coach and are attracting recruits). the good news is that near-death experiences can lead to full recovery.
                        best wishes, and whup those UofM Weasels!
                        Bowling Green St. Univ. '88 SUNY Potsdam '79

Comment

We don't know why Jack left, but it would have been nice for him to have gave the new coaches a chance.
                          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                            We don't know why Jack left, but it would have been nice for him to have gave the new coaches a chance.
                            Maybe he would have if Eaves got canned like he should have.
                            Last edited by Bonin21; 07-26-2015, 11:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

The guy's gotta protect his own future as he sees fit.

Considering the circumstances, I have no problem with him bailing if he (and his people/pro team) feels it's the best decision.

This is on the program (Eaves and Alvarez), not the individual kids.

Comment

Originally posted by markwojo View Post
                                The blue line used to be the back bone of this team. While the forwards might not have been high end, we could always count on the blue line. Now......

Happier each day I did not renew my season tickets. I feel bad for the kids actually, because they are going to be playing in front of the smallest crowds in program history (at the KC). They can thank their coach each night.
                                Sixty Minutes. No Alibis. No Regrets.

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
                                Well... Baggott does kind of suck.
                                Originally posted by UWisco
                                It's funny, there is actually a "team" performing worse than the hockey team at the KC this year. The ushers/security are completely worthless.

Comment

Working...
                                X