Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXXIII: A Fanbase Gets Smarter When All The Idiots Jump Ship

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXXIII: A Fanbase Gets Smarter When All The Idiots Jump Shi

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post

Really? My freaking head just exploded. Does Morgan understand there is an ocean and 6 time zones between his home and where he's playing? Just be honest, Morgan, be a man. Even Ford's excuse was weak, just be a man and come out and say you hated playing for Eaves and come forth with specific reasons. If both of them had stayed the course they may have found the new assistant coaches to be great teachers.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXXIII: A Fanbase Gets Smarter When All The Idiots Jump Shi

Bull****.

They don't have to say anything specific just coz it would help "our" cause.

Hockey is a VERY small world. You don't burn bridges if you can help it. You take the high road and live to fight another day.

It's pretty obvious that the program is in shambles. I don't need Zully to confirm it for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
        Bull****.

They don't have to say anything specific just coz it would help "our" cause.

Hockey is a VERY small world. You don't burn bridges if you can help it. You take the high road and live to fight another day.

It's pretty obvious that the program is in shambles. I don't need Zully to confirm it for me.
        This reply can be applied to life in general.

Comment

For everyone jumping up and down in rage over Morgan's move, has anyone verified that he will be making the trip alone?

Is there a chance that the kid and the baby-mama (I don't think they were in a relationship anymore) would be going with them?

Can anyone speak with absolute knowledge on the family accommodations made by the Towerstars or the DEL2 league?

This may be naivete on my part, since I don't claim to have any knowledge of any of the above items, but it would be nice to see people exercise a bit of restraint once in a while.

It is amazing how the "fan" base on this board jumps to an extreme, and that it is almost always the negative extreme.

Comment

• Originally posted by KaMiGo View Post
            For everyone jumping up and down in rage over Morgan's move, has anyone verified that he will be making the trip alone?

Is there a chance that the kid and the baby-mama (I don't think they were in a relationship anymore) would be going with them?

Can anyone speak with absolute knowledge on the family accommodations made by the Towerstars or the DEL2 league?

This may be naivete on my part, since I don't claim to have any knowledge of any of the above items, but it would be nice to see people exercise a bit of restraint once in a while.

It is amazing how the "fan" base on this board jumps to an extreme, and that it is almost always the negative extreme.
            C'mon, you should know better than this. MZ playing in Germany is just one more cut. I don't a statement from him saying it sucked playing on a ****ty team for a batty coach, the record. Ford's departure, dvorak's decommit, boeser'so decommit, kunin's decommit and on and on.

Gurt is right, the program is in shambles and no amount of burnishing can disguise this. Do you really think these new (and 2nd tier) assistants will magically make kids want to play for Eaves?

And don't put quotes around the term fan. You may not like diverging opinions or maybe you're intolerant but it's exasperating that you seem to feel true fans are those who have Stockholm err Eaves syndrome and applaud like trained seals no matter how the team does, while the people who voice opposition to eaves' destruction of the program are "fans"....
            Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
              And don't put quotes around the term fan. You may not like diverging opinions or maybe you're intolerant but it's exasperating that you seem to feel true fans are those who have Stockholm err Eaves syndrome and applaud like trained seals no matter how the team does, while the people who voice opposition to eaves' destruction of the program are "fans"....

This.

Comment

Guess I got a message on the answering machine that had my wife alarmed that I missed season ticket signup....but they were giving me an extension...lol I better hurry or there may be no season tickets left. How does Eaves still have a job? Oh....I know....Barry.

Comment

Zully's family is going to Germany with him. Team is paying for everything.

Comment

Originally posted by KaMiGo View Post

I've been both positive and negative. Last year was totally pathetic, with UW Pewee B vs Pewee A opponents type of games, and UW should never be outclassed like that, ever, so there is a lot of negative vibes from last year and the author of that team is still there, so it's hard to just chalk it up to whatever metaphor was used. I am hopeful that the new assistants will make a big difference. I almost have to be positive about them and the new players otherwise a team that I have been proud to follow and have got so much joy watching for 25 years is dead. Maybe I'm in denial. I hope not.

Comment

Zully's family is going to Germany with him. Team is paying for everything.
                      So you uncovered this after you posted that he was playing in Deutschland? It would have been a nice fact to know when you originally posted it if you knew it then.

Comment

Originally posted by markwojo View Post
                        Guess I got a message on the answering machine that had my wife alarmed that I missed season ticket signup....but they were giving me an extension...lol I better hurry or there may be no season tickets left. How does Eaves still have a job? Oh....I know....Barry.
                        This made me laugh, thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                          So you uncovered this after you posted that he was playing in Deutschland? It would have been a nice fact to know when you originally posted it if you knew it then.
                          No, I planned it this way to make everyone look bad. Give me a break. I guess I could have let you guys **** and moan all night but I figured I'd help out and make a call to find the truth.

Comment

• Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                            C'mon, you should know better than this. MZ playing in Germany is just one more cut. I don't a statement from him saying it sucked playing on a ****ty team for a batty coach, the record. Ford's departure, dvorak's decommit, boeser'so decommit, kunin's decommit and on and on.

Gurt is right, the program is in shambles and no amount of burnishing can disguise this. Do you really think these new (and 2nd tier) assistants will magically make kids want to play for Eaves?

Opilka's decommit.

I understand why everybody is frustrated with the programs state right now but it's absolutely absurd that I have to not look at this fan forum because the whining is too inferiating. The whining and complaing makes no difference so why do it? I actually have tickets for Friday and Saturday now, not because I think the team will do well this year (10 wins plus seems achieveable to me even with what's going on) but because I enjoy hockey with whatever skill set step on the ice. I have to think that any other programs fans have to chuckle at how Badger fans are acting, I know I would.
                            WISCONSIN BADGERS
                            NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
                            WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
                            WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
                            B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
                            Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

Comment

• Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                              I appreciate your "input" and have no problem engaging in discussions with people who have a different opinion than mine (as long as they are willing to openly discuss, which isn't necessarily true in this forum).
                              Having said that, I stand by my use of "fans".
                              There are several people who have routinely mentioned that they will no longer follow the team, that they will spend their time somewhere else, that they will spend their money somewhere else, that they will invest their emotions somewhere else. To me, that is the definition of a "fan".
                              I consider myself a fan. I may not agree with everything that has happened in the recent past (administration, coaches, players), I may not agree with things that will happen in the future, but I will still be there in section 110 for every game. And yes, I will applaud the team every night, win or lose, good effort or bad, and I will stay until the players are leaving the ice to sign Varsity one more time. That is who I am and how I chose to support the team.
                              You can define the word however you want to, and I will do the same.

Comment

No, I planned it this way to make everyone look bad. Give me a break. I guess I could have let you guys **** and moan all night but I figured I'd help out and make a call to find the truth.
                                I didn't think you'd troll us....I do feel bad that I jumped to a quick conclusion. Thanks for setting the record straight.

Comment

Working...
                                X