• Show
Clear All

• Re: Midwest Regional: Minnesota State, Nebraska-Omaha, Harvard, RIT

3-0. Say goodnight.
    FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Worst part of this is that the final score line isn't going to reflect how close of a game this was. Thanks seniors. Good luck Nebromaha.
      RIT Tigers

Comment

Originally posted by lmg6841 View Post
        Worst part of this is that the final score line isn't going to reflect how close of a game this was. Thanks seniors. Good luck Nebromaha.
        Exactly. Really good and close game and one hell of an effort from RIT.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
        And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
        Twenty red lights in his honor
        Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Congrats UNO, your goalie and others played a hell of a game. Best of luck in Boston!
          RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

Congrats Red Mavs!
            GO DU !!!

Comment

Of all the games I watched this weekend, that might have been the best one.

While folks who look at the final score might see a blow-out, those who watched saw an intense toe-to-toe battle through the first 2 periods, an incredible push by RIT in the 3rd, both netminders standing on their heads, some fantastic execution by UNO in the waning minutes and a game that could have gone either way.

Comment

Congratulations UNO. Sure hope you guys take good care of Massa. He was freaking awesome. The Tigers represented the school and league Incredibly well. I'm proud to be an RIT alum and really long time Tiger hockey fan.

UNO fans, enjoy The next couple of weeks. It's going to be a great Ride.
                John Nabors

RIT Tigers - A Long Hockey Tradition
                AHA Regular Season Champions 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
                AHA Tournament Champions 2010, 2015, 2016
                NCAA DI - 2010, 2015, 2016
                NCAA Frozen 4 - 2010
                NCAA DII - 1983
                NCAA DIII - 1984, 1985, 1989, 1994, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002

Comment

• Originally posted by Stauber1 View Post
                  Of all the games I watched this weekend, that might have been the best one.

While folks who look at the final score might see a blow-out, those who watched saw an intense toe-to-toe battle through the first 2 periods, an incredible push by RIT in the 3rd, both netminders standing on their heads, some fantastic execution by UNO in the waning minutes and a game that could have gone either way.
                  Yeah, was a great game. RIT had their chances, but Massa was just unbeatable tonight. Bad mistake turned into the 2-0 killer goal and then we had to press. Congrats to UNO on their first frozen four. Great season, no shame in that loss the Tigers played their hearts out.

Comment

Originally posted by Wi.Huskies Fan View Post
                    No more regionals in South Bend. Attendance is pathetic.
                    Well we're running out of cities to host one then. Fort Wayne is out. So is Toledo. Cross off Grand Rapids. Deep six Green Bay. Millions of people (literally) within a 30 minute drive of the X and a Sioux-Gophers regional final only sold 9000 tickets (half a house) a couple of years ago, so that had to be a disappointment to you. How about St Louis? No wait we tried that and the 11 people who showed up there said never do this again.

The fact is, it is the format, the quick turnaround from the final conference weekends, the ticket prices, and the reality that college age people and younger don't have the same thirst for live sporting events than what was true even 10 years ago. Add to all this the fact that the distances between teams is often 5 and times greater than it is out east and you have a recipe for awful crowds. The fact that this one was in South Bend had nothing to do with the meager crowds. In fact of the recent regionals I have been to, this one had twice the atmosphere as any of them, and that was even with me still fuming over Notre Dame's pathetic season as I sat in my expensive season ticket seats and having no natural rooting interest. As for the lack of fans, there were more for the final tonight than at the two western regionals in 2013. Combined.

I was actually surprised by the atmosphere in the building both nights. Good for the first game yesterday, not so much the second since Harvard brought no fans other than the 10 or 15 band members. Tonight it was pretty good too. A lot of UNO fans made the trip for the final and the RIT crowd also was a little bigger. In fact three of the four fanbases did a pretty good job, seeing as how none of them were within a few hours drive and tomorrow is a work/school day for the vast majority.

Congrats to UNO on your first tournament wins and first trip to the FF. Congrats to RIT for making a little history as the first 16 seed to beat a 1. I'm insanely jealous of two teams getting the most out of their talent and actually showing chemisty and some signs of actually being coached. Good luck to the Mavs in Boston.

Comment

Originally posted by lmg6841 View Post
                      Most evenly matched 4-0 game I have ever seen.

Comment

Great game, a ton closer than the score makes it seem. Massa is a beast. Congrats Omaha.
                        Atlantic Hockey Composite schedule: www.tinyurl.com/AHAcomp2
                        College Hockey America (Women) Composite Schedule: www.tinyurl.com/CHAWcomp

RIT Tigers
                        Men's Atlantic Hockey Champions 2010 2015 2016 2024
                        Men's Frozen Four 2010
                        Women's College Hockey America Champions 2014 2015
                        Women's DIII National Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
                          Well we're running out of cities to host one then. Fort Wayne is out. So is Toledo. Cross off Grand Rapids. Deep six Green Bay. Millions of people (literally) within a 30 minute drive of the X and a Sioux-Gophers regional final only sold 9000 tickets (half a house) a couple of years ago, so that had to be a disappointment to you. How about St Louis? No wait we tried that and the 11 people who showed up there said never do this again.
                          11,000 at the X that year. If the NCAA truly cares a lot about attendance, they'll go back to allowing regionals on campus. I believe Grand Forks in 2005 is still the highest attended regional in the last 10-15 years at an avg of 11,000. You could take care of the western regionals by alternating between the likes of St. Paul, Grand Forks, Madison, Omaha, Denver, Detroit maybe.
                          University of North Dakota

National Championships: 8
                          Frozen Fours: 22
                          Conference Titles: 17
                          14 consecutive NCAA tournament appearances

Comment

What a game...well played RIT - had you scored the first goal, who knows what happens. Massa played like he has so many times before. Blais said earlier that he has won UNO at least 8 or 9 games on his own. That sounds about right. If he plays like that in Boston, watch out.

Didn't think that we would be playing in April. Well played UNO, fans have been waiting since 1997 for this moment. After getting swept by SCSU in the NCHC playoffs, didn't know how we would bounce back. But it's on to Boston.
                            If we could extend Blais' contract, that'd be greeeaaatttt

Comment

• Originally posted by Wi.Huskies Fan View Post
                              Wonder why no butts in seats?
                              You would go see Omaha play RIT even with free tickets?!?
                              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                                You would go see Omaha play RIT even with free tickets?!?
                                I mean it's basically the same thing as the RIT Lowell game at the Mariucci classic this year. It's two teams that the local hockey fan bases have never really heard of and you just expect them to be the type of hockey fans that will just go for the sake of watching hockey. Sorry but that is a minority unfortunately.

Comment

Working...
                                X