Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Midwest Regional: Minnesota State, Nebraska-Omaha, Harvard, RIT

Originally posted by Stauber1 View Post
    I certainly didn't say the Tigers are awful. In fact, earlier in the thread I argued against that very point and acknowledged the inherent difficulties teams from AH face in terms of the PWR.

And if you prefer seeing upsets in the national tournament, I'm not saying there is anything wrong with that. It's a preference, just like my preference to see the strongest teams in the country in the Frozen Four*. Over the course of the season and coming into the tournament, I think Mankato was one of those teams; them losing a single game in a one-and-done format doesn't change that.

*of course, if "my" team is the one trying to upset, go Cinderella
    You're right,I was on my phone and got your comments mixed up with those of an earlier post by somebody else, my apologies.

While I too think the best team should win and they often do, I don't mind the occasional upset in a tournament to make it more interesting. Think how boring these would be in the #1 seed won each of the regionals and always played in the FF? It would pretty much eliminate the need for the regionals.

One and done can be brutal but without them, these threads would run into June just when baseball is putting us to sleep!
    RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

Good Luck Tigers .... remember your athletic roots ... upstate New York, D-III Liberty League, just like us (UNION, RPI, CLARKSON and ST. LAWRENCE). Didn't you take Minnesota to overtime this year?
      DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
      DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
        Now this is interesting.

When RIT made their run in 2010, the long-time fans embraced the newcomers and the curious, enthusiastically. It was like "See what we've been telling you about all this time?"

Powers &8^]
        This is also known as the Cornhusker effect. Basically, sports in our area is an all college thing (no major league pro sports closer than Kansas City) and their is a ton of "sport de jour" that goes on around here based on the fortunes of war of specific sports team at specific schools (read: Creighton Basketball, every major sport at NU, and, to a lesser extent, Iowa State and Iowa).

And, since I have been a season ticket holder for so long, I am a little jaded and protective. I want our fans to be FANS, not somebody that just wants to jump on and off board when the going gets good or bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cows View Post

And, since I have been a season ticket holder for so long, I am a little jaded and protective. I want our fans to be FANS, not somebody that just wants to jump on and off board when the going gets good or bad.
          Oh everyone wants that but there will ALWAYS be people that jump on board when you're winning. It happens to every team. Getting upset about it doesn't make sense to me.
          tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by kwh7433 View Post
            Can anyone explain to me why UNO fans sang "take me out to the ballgame" a few times during the game? I'm sure there has to be a story there and that you aren't just lost.
            That is interesting...maybe ready to be done and watch some college ball?

Comment

• Originally posted by Pure Mel View Post
              That is interesting...maybe ready to be done and watch some college ball?
              Isn't Omaha the home of the College World Series?
              Russell Jaslow
              [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
              U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

• Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                Isn't Omaha the home of the College World Series?
                Yes.

Cowbell central here at Notre Dame.

Deafening.

Comment

Cameron Voss reffing this one. LOL good luck with this guy.
                  Originally posted by reBlur
                  the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

"They're ****ed off and ready to go"

You don't hear that out of a color commentator everyday.
                    FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

That should also be a 5-CFB.

Jesus, if they need to review this...

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
                        Cameron Voss reffing this one. LOL good luck with this guy.
                        Not sure how he got assigned any of the NCAA games, he was atrocious every time I saw him this year.

It's unbelievable that they are even reviewing this hit. Can't blast a guy in the numbers headlong into the boards.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                          That should also be a 5-CFB.

Jesus, if they need to review this...
                          RIT and dirty Canadians go together like peas and carrots.
                          2010-2011 Atlantic Hockey Pick 'Em Champion!
                          2013 Atlantic Hockey Postseason Pick 'Em Champion!
                          Air Force Falcons
                          2007 Atlantic Hockey Champions, NCAA West Regional
                          2008 Atlantic Hockey Champions, NCAA Northeast Regional
                          2009 Atlantic Hockey Champions, NCAA East Regional Final
                          2011 Atlantic Hockey Champions, NCAA East Regional
                          2012 Atlantic Hockey Champions, NCAA Northeast Regional

Comment

Any Omaha audio links?

Comment

Love the camera angle showing Wilson giving the pregame speech with the crapper stall in the background.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                                Love the camera angle showing Wilson giving the pregame speech with the crapper stall in the background.
                                Me too! They've got some small lockerrooms there
                                tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Working...
                                X