Midwest Regional: Minnesota State, Nebraska-Omaha, Harvard, RIT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Midwest Regional: Minnesota State, Nebraska-Omaha, Harvard, RIT

Jordan Ruby played a great game. He is the biggest reason the Tigers won.
    2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
    2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
    2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
    2010 Frozen Four participant
    2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

Never fails.

Fighting Sioux gear in the building.

Comment

Originally posted by Riz View Post
        Not an RIT fan I can't even tell you where the school is. I was just appalled at all the Mankato fans that trashed me for simply asking them to prove to me why their team was so good.
        You don't know who or where RIT is? RIT is a school that offers zero scholarships. RIT is an up and coming program with a massive school and student body behind it. We at RIT take pride at being students first then athletes. RIT knocked out DU in the NCAA in 2010 with the score of 2-1. Sure we haven't won the National Championship yet but I think we're doing pretty good with how fast this program is growing.
        R I T HOCKEY
        Frozen Four
        Elite Eight
        NCAA Tournament
        2010-2015-2016
        RIP-Mikita Dan Barrows

Comment

Originally posted by komey1 View Post
          Jordan Ruby played a great game. He is the biggest reason the Tigers won.
          I couldn't have been more wrong about this kid. Jordan, if you're reading these boards I am sorry. I worship you.
          R I T HOCKEY
          Frozen Four
          Elite Eight
          NCAA Tournament
          2010-2015-2016
          RIP-Mikita Dan Barrows

Comment

By the way, Mr. Holden: RIT is not a "small school". We're one of the largest non-profit private universities in the country!

Powers &8^]

Comment

• Originally posted by Riz View Post
              Yep that's why it's a single elimination tournament then? Foolish comment.
              Stay classy riz. It is easy to kick people when they are down.

Comment

• Originally posted by maverick2009 View Post
                Stay classy riz. It is easy to kick people when they are down.
                My intent was not to 'kick you while you're down.' My team has been the best team in college hockey with the most consecutive 20 win seasons and yet everybody rags on me because they are 1-7 in their last 8 tournament games. RIT did pretty much the exact same thing to my team in 2010.

Comment

• Originally posted by Riz View Post
                  My intent was not to 'kick you while you're down.' My team has been the best team in college hockey with the most consecutive 20 win seasons and yet everybody rags on me because they are 1-7 in their last 8 tournament games. RIT did pretty much the exact same thing to my team in 2010.

You are a POS dude! Minutes after our squad loses a heartbreaker, "yup, I was right, your team isn't good." How is that not kicking someone when they are down?
                  Last edited by Chris Clark Fan Club; 03-28-2015, 07:23 PM.

Comment

Huge UNO fan advantage here. Not even a contest. Few Harvard fans in sight.

Comment

Originally posted by SiouxFanatic View Post
                      Yeah, that's in Minnesota.
                      Ha, I was going to say but you beat me to the punch!
                      RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

Originally posted by Rochester View Post
                        You don't know who or where RIT is? RIT is a school that offers zero scholarships. RIT is an up and coming program with a massive school and student body behind it. We at RIT take pride at being students first then athletes..
                        If you take pride in learning, then learn this: The fact that you don't give formal athletic scholarships does not mean that you don't find ways to grant your athletes extremely preferential treatment with respect to their costs of attending RIT. Do you expect us to believe that your players, who come from all over Canada and the U.S. chose to walk on at RIT when they had scholarship opportunities at other Division 1 universities?? Please. Give the readers of this thread some credit!

BTW, Congratulations on a great game and an epic upset!

Comment

Originally posted by Riz View Post
                          Who is your team anyways? Are you that fat guy that stands outside Magness arena and talks trash to opposing fans after a game? We remember a fat guy wearing an Oregon hoodie and his little friend doing that. UMD lost, we didn't care and had a good time and weren't trying to fight anyone but this fat guy named George and his friend were trying to start fights with us anyways because we had UMD gear on. Ridiculous thing is police told us to move along and ignored the guy provoking it all..my guess is he has some sort of special needs mental disorder so they let it fly?
                          I wanna go fast!

Comment

Originally posted by HHound View Post
                            If you take pride in learning, then learn this: The fact that you don't give formal athletic scholarships does not mean that you don't find ways to grant your athletes extremely preferential treatment with respect to their costs of attending RIT. Do you expect us to believe that your players, who come from all over Canada and the U.S. chose to walk on at RIT when they had scholarship opportunities at other Division 1 universities?? Please. Give the readers of this thread some credit!

BTW, Congratulations on a great game and an epic upset!
                            RIT isn't getting players that are getting scholarships from top teams. And believe me, they have lost recruits to scholarship offers. However, RIT has arguably the best facilities in Atlantic Hockey and probably rival several in ECAC and Hockey East. They also have a tradition of winning and excellence and a very passionate fan base. Oh yea, Coach Wilson is pretty good too

There are ways to get aid. If RIT could offer scholarships, the Tigers would have Matt Garbowsky another year since he would have been eligible for a medical redshirt last year. I think it may work to his advantage anyway since more exposure in this tournament increases his chances of getting a pro deal someplace next year.
                            2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                            2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
                            2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                            2010 Frozen Four participant
                            2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

Originally posted by Quote Originally Posted by Riz View Post

Originally posted by UMD21 View Post
                              Who is your team anyways? Are you that fat guy that stands outside Magness arena and talks trash to opposing fans after a game? We remember a fat guy wearing an Oregon hoodie and his little friend doing that. UMD lost, we didn't care and had a good time and weren't trying to fight anyone but this fat guy named George and his friend were trying to start fights with us anyways because we had UMD gear on. Ridiculous thing is police told us to move along and ignored the guy provoking it all..my guess is he has some sort of special needs mental disorder so they let it fly?
                              Based on his earlier comment, he's a DU fan.
                              RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

• Originally posted by UMD21 View Post
                                Never seen that guy before.

Comment

Working...
                                X