X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carmine Scarpaglia
    replied
    Re: Midwest Regional: Minnesota State, Nebraska-Omaha, Harvard, RIT

Cameron Voss reffing this one. LOL good luck with this guy.

Leave a comment:

• Red Cows
    replied
    Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
    Isn't Omaha the home of the College World Series?
    Yes.

Cowbell central here at Notre Dame.

Deafening.

Leave a comment:

• Russell Jaslow
    replied
    Originally posted by Pure Mel View Post
    That is interesting...maybe ready to be done and watch some college ball?
    Isn't Omaha the home of the College World Series?

Leave a comment:

• Pure Mel
    replied

Originally posted by kwh7433 View Post
    Can anyone explain to me why UNO fans sang "take me out to the ballgame" a few times during the game? I'm sure there has to be a story there and that you aren't just lost.
    That is interesting...maybe ready to be done and watch some college ball?

Leave a comment:

• Biddco
    replied

Originally posted by Red Cows View Post

And, since I have been a season ticket holder for so long, I am a little jaded and protective. I want our fans to be FANS, not somebody that just wants to jump on and off board when the going gets good or bad.
    Oh everyone wants that but there will ALWAYS be people that jump on board when you're winning. It happens to every team. Getting upset about it doesn't make sense to me.

Leave a comment:

• Red Cows
    replied

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
    Now this is interesting.

When RIT made their run in 2010, the long-time fans embraced the newcomers and the curious, enthusiastically. It was like "See what we've been telling you about all this time?"

Powers &8^]
    This is also known as the Cornhusker effect. Basically, sports in our area is an all college thing (no major league pro sports closer than Kansas City) and their is a ton of "sport de jour" that goes on around here based on the fortunes of war of specific sports team at specific schools (read: Creighton Basketball, every major sport at NU, and, to a lesser extent, Iowa State and Iowa).

And, since I have been a season ticket holder for so long, I am a little jaded and protective. I want our fans to be FANS, not somebody that just wants to jump on and off board when the going gets good or bad.

Leave a comment:

• Dutchman
    replied

Good Luck Tigers .... remember your athletic roots ... upstate New York, D-III Liberty League, just like us (UNION, RPI, CLARKSON and ST. LAWRENCE). Didn't you take Minnesota to overtime this year?

Leave a comment:

• blazer777
    replied

Originally posted by Stauber1 View Post
    I certainly didn't say the Tigers are awful. In fact, earlier in the thread I argued against that very point and acknowledged the inherent difficulties teams from AH face in terms of the PWR.

And if you prefer seeing upsets in the national tournament, I'm not saying there is anything wrong with that. It's a preference, just like my preference to see the strongest teams in the country in the Frozen Four*. Over the course of the season and coming into the tournament, I think Mankato was one of those teams; them losing a single game in a one-and-done format doesn't change that.

*of course, if "my" team is the one trying to upset, go Cinderella
    You're right,I was on my phone and got your comments mixed up with those of an earlier post by somebody else, my apologies.

While I too think the best team should win and they often do, I don't mind the occasional upset in a tournament to make it more interesting. Think how boring these would be in the #1 seed won each of the regionals and always played in the FF? It would pretty much eliminate the need for the regionals.

One and done can be brutal but without them, these threads would run into June just when baseball is putting us to sleep!

Leave a comment:

• Stauber1
    replied

Originally posted by blazer777 View Post
    Personally, I prefer teams that win go into the frozen four weather it was the Mavs or the Tigers. Each team and most fans know going into this round that you have to won to move on and that each team brings with them some very good players.

If the Tigers we're so awful, then the Mavericks should have wiped the rink with them.

Your bias against teams from the AHC doesn't really play in the real world of college hockey, regardless of which team you root for.
    I certainly didn't say the Tigers are awful. In fact, earlier in the thread I argued against that very point and acknowledged the inherent difficulties teams from AH face in terms of the PWR.

And if you prefer seeing upsets in the national tournament, I'm not saying there is anything wrong with that. It's a preference, just like my preference to see the strongest teams in the country in the Frozen Four*. Over the course of the season and coming into the tournament, I think Mankato was one of those teams; them losing a single game in a one-and-done format doesn't change that.

*of course, if "my" team is the one trying to upset, go Cinderella
    Last edited by Stauber1; 03-29-2015, 02:21 PM.

Leave a comment:

• kwh7433
    replied

Can anyone explain to me why UNO fans sang "take me out to the ballgame" a few times during the game? I'm sure there has to be a story there and that you aren't just lost.

Leave a comment:

• blazer777
    replied

Personally, I prefer teams that win go into the frozen four weather it was the Mavs or the Tigers. Each team and most fans know going into this round that you have to won to move on and that each team brings with them some very good players.

If the Tigers we're so awful, then the Mavericks should have wiped the rink with them.

Your bias against teams from the AHC doesn't really play in the real world of college hockey, regardless of which team you root for.

Leave a comment:

• Chris Clark Fan Club
    replied
    Originally posted by Stauber1 View Post
    Referees have access to every camera in the rink for reviews. That change was made in the 2013 off-season, I believe. I may be off on the year, but not on the rule.

Even though my team wasn't involved in this game, I wanted Mankato to win this region. I also prefer seeing the best teams advance to the Frozen Four and I don't assign much value to "Cinderella" upsets.
    That being said, in my view, waving that goal off would have been the wrong decision.
    Without diving into an in-depth analysis of the play, I'll just put my name on the list of those who believe the refs made the right call.

While watching the game I knew it was going to count, just saw something a little different out of my purple colored eyes this morning and wanted to ask the camera question.

And like I have said previously, congratulations to RIT.

Leave a comment:

• Rochester
    replied

Originally posted by NYhockeyguy View Post
    Yes. Doesn't change that the call on the ice was officially no goal but there was definitely a start to a goal signal before the washout. I've watched it probably 10 times and certainly don't begrudge the official having to make that call.

Congrats to Mankato on a fantastic season.
    Congrats on your post number being 666

Leave a comment:

• Stauber1
    replied

Originally posted by Chris Clark Fan Club View Post
    Does anyone know if the refs have other camera views or is just the overhead? Nothing can be seen from the overhead cam.
    Referees have access to every camera in the rink for reviews. That change was made in the 2013 off-season, I believe. I may be off on the year, but not on the rule.

Even though my team wasn't involved in this game, I wanted Mankato to win this region. I also prefer seeing the best teams advance to the Frozen Four and I don't assign much value to "Cinderella" upsets.
    That being said, in my view, waving that goal off would have been the wrong decision.
    Without diving into an in-depth analysis of the play, I'll just put my name on the list of those who believe the refs made the right call.
    Last edited by Stauber1; 03-29-2015, 11:45 AM.

Leave a comment:

• LtPowers
    replied

Originally posted by Red Cows View Post
    If the Mavs win this game tonight, the piling on to their bandwagon in Omaha is going to be ridiculous, and probably a bit disgusting to long timers, since success inevitably breeds johnny-come-lately fans that act like they have been one all along.
    Now this is interesting.

When RIT made their run in 2010, the long-time fans embraced the newcomers and the curious, enthusiastically. It was like "See what we've been telling you about all this time?"

Powers &8^]
    Last edited by LtPowers; 03-29-2015, 12:43 PM. Reason: wrong year

Leave a comment:

Working...
X