Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Midwest Regional: Minnesota State, Nebraska-Omaha, Harvard, RIT

Originally posted by blazer777 View Post
    Based on his earlier comment, he's a DU fan.
    I'd be careful on calling him a DU fan. DU fans have lives outside of hockey and don't need to get nasty (the antonym for UND fans). This guy is probably the George I encountered and just wants to cause nuisance (I'd say troll, but trolls have skills...)
    I wanna go fast!

Comment

• Originally posted by UMD21 View Post
      I'd be careful on calling him a DU fan. DU fans have lives outside of hockey and don't need to get nasty (the antonym for UND fans). This guy is probably the George I encountered and just wants to cause nuisance (I'd say troll, but trolls have skills...)
      **** just cause your team lost you're all ****y. Chill and take out your anger on somebody who cares. Alright anyway I'm done arguing. Sorry your teams lost, there's always next year .

Comment

• Originally posted by Riz View Post
        **** just cause your team lost you're all ****y. Chill and take out your anger on somebody who cares. Alright anyway I'm done arguing. Sorry your teams lost, there's always next year .
        You obviously care because you took the time to respond multiple times.

Go crawl in your hole.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cows View Post
          Huge UNO fan advantage here. Not even a contest. Few Harvard fans in sight.

That's quite typical actually; even with some of their home games. Their team hasn't been able to hit the back of the net (and it some cases the net itself). Still 20 minutes for them to do something.

Comment

What the hey WCHA? Tech yesterday, Mankato tonight. If I was a drinker, I'd douse a quick 12-pack. :-(

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew J Carter View Post
              What the hey WCHA? Tech yesterday, Mankato tonight. If I was a drinker, I'd douse a quick 12-pack. :-(
              Andrew... as an experienced "Rugby drinker" for the RIT Roaches Rugby Club... skip the 12-pack and go straight to the shots.

Although I must admit... the owner of the company I work for is a Makato grad, and I am really hopeful I have job on Monday!! I would like to believe he is a merciful man, but hey... this is HOCKEY, dammit!!! I may have a fund drive posted on Monday, or maybe a chocolate cake will do. We shall see...

(Jan - Have pity on me, man. We're both Hockey men, after all!!!)

Cheers!!!
              ~TTF
              Last edited by Transplanted Tiger Fan; 03-28-2015, 10:28 PM.
              Dave
              RIT - '90

Comment

Originally posted by Crimson on the Glass View Post
                I wasn't able to watch it live, but congratulations RIT!
                Thanks we are flattered

Comment

Originally posted by HHound View Post
                  If you take pride in learning, then learn this: The fact that you don't give formal athletic scholarships does not mean that you don't find ways to grant your athletes extremely preferential treatment with respect to their costs of attending RIT. Do you expect us to believe that your players, who come from all over Canada and the U.S. chose to walk on at RIT when they had scholarship opportunities at other Division 1 universities?? Please. Give the readers of this thread some credit!

BTW, Congratulations on a great game and an epic upset!
                  Let's start by giving you no credit. Why is your first instinct to throw such a big accusation at RIT's way for winning? If you read any of the many articles that came out for RIT players this week you would see a similar trend of players that were largely ignored by other teams but were show interest by RIT and convinced to go out to the school and give it a chance and when they visited fell in love with the coaches, the game atmosphere, and the passion for hockey that the school has. RIT gave some of these players a home that they might not have otherwise. Try checking out the stories particularly on the Norrish twins and Greg Amlong.

Comment

After seeing the replay of the goal that ended our season, Garbowsky initiated the contact 10 feet from the crease and forced Palmquist into Williams.

The question is, do the refs have just the overhead cam?

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Clark Fan Club View Post

No, they saw multiple angles of the play.
                      Originally posted by dicaslover
                      Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                      Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

After seeing the replay of the goal that ended our season, Garbowsky initiated the contact 10 feet from the crease and forced Palmquist into Williams.

You think Palmquist was just standing there? He came up to meet Garbowsky and ****** his progress toward the net. That's initiating contact.

Powers &8^]

Edit: You know, word filters are stupid when I'm not calling someone a "r*tard", but actually using the word as a verb.

Comment

Both regional finals today are 2 vs. 4. Still a shot at 3 NCHC teams in Boston. I'll have a lot more thoughts when I have more time but last night was one of the finer defensive efforts by us I have seen in along time, particularly for the first two periods. Harvard was able to get almost nothing going. In the 3rd, saw something that has been an issue on this team, I think, because they are so young, where they came out in the 3rd and played like they had it won and you can't do that and expect to actually win. For the first time, I think they figured it out as, even though they got outshot massively in the third, they got back with the program as the period progressed and held on and then got a couple empty netters at the end.

I bet there are more people at the game tonight than last night. I think Notre Dame fans holding tickets stayed away in droves to watch ND and Kentucky play. And, UNO and RIT easily had/have the most fans here. Omaha is close enough that I could envision a few people who said to themselves last night "We are getting in the car and going tomorrow". If I wasn't already here, it'd be something I'd seriously consider.

Loved that Trev Alberts spent the entire game sitting out with all us UNO fans in the stands. We sat next to the student contingent just for the fun of it even though those weren't our seats. UNO fans have waited a long time to play a game like tonight's, that's for sure.

We are playing with house money. As young as we are, if you had told me we'd playing in this game tonight before the season started, I'd have said you were nuts. I had/have higher hopes for next season, frankly. No matter what, as long as we acquit ourselves well tonight, I'll be happy. If we do that and win, so much the better. If the Mavs win this game tonight, the piling on to their bandwagon in Omaha is going to be ridiculous, and probably a bit disgusting to long timers, since success inevitably breeds johnny-come-lately fans that act like they have been one all along.

Off to the Studebaker Museum for us today. The first car I ever owned was a '66 Cruiser my grandfather gave me after I graduated from high school in '77. It had been his company car and he'd bought at some point from the company and kept it for 11 years before I got it.
                          Last edited by Red Cows; 03-29-2015, 10:47 AM.

Comment

I'm not sure what you were watching, but Garbo cut towards the crease and ran into the defender. Initiating contact implies he was trying to tie him up.

http://streamable.com/p8to

Because he was watching the puck the entire time, the contact was incidental.
                            RIT Tigers

Comment

Originally posted by lmg6841 View Post
                              I'm not sure what you were watching, but Garbo cut towards the crease and ran into the defender. Initiating contact implies he was trying to tie him up.

My initial question was, do the refs have just the overhead?

That is the exact same replay I saw, I completely understand we are going to see it different, but the explanation of the refs wasn't the case either.

"Upon further video review, the referees determined that the Minnesota State player initiated the contact with the RIT".

Palmquist definitely didn't initiate the contact and definitely didn't extend his arms like Garbowsky did.

I am not saying RIT doesn't deserve to win because that was a great game. Just wish it wasn't on a judgement call.
                              Last edited by Chris Clark Fan Club; 03-29-2015, 10:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by lmg6841 View Post

So if my line mate has the puck and we are coming in on net, and I run over the goalie, that's incidental and thus is not penalized? New one on me!
                                MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Working...
                                X