Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: West Regional: North Dakota, Michigan Tech, St. Cloud State, Quinnipiac

Originally posted by geezer View Post
    This post is way too sensible for this thread. Take it outside.
    From a St Cloud fan no less! What has the world come to?!
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

The numbers here are based on Krach, because of its superior statistical properties.

Which region is the toughest?

Krach ratings are:

2, 3, 9, 13 for the West Regional.
      1, 8, 14, 42 for the Midwest Regional.
      5, 7, 10, 18 for the Northeast Regional.
      4, 6, 12, 16 for the East Regional.

Ordinal data: 27, 65, 40 and 38. West is toughest, Midwest easiest. Using top 3 teams: 4.9, 7.7, 7.1 and 7.3 using averages. West is toughest again. Using top 2 teams: 2.5, 4.5, 6.0 and 5.0. Same result. Using bottom two: 11.0, 28.0, 14.0, and 14.0. Using 1st and 3rd teams: 11.0, 15.0, 15.0, and 16.0.

According to Krach, which should be the statistical system used (already), you can see the bracket difficulty levels. Based on a season of hockey, not the past few weeks.

Good luck everyone in your regional.

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
      Thought I might as well make a thread to discuss the regional.

FRIDAY:
      Michigan Tech vs. St. Cloud 3:30 ESPN3
      North Dakota vs. Quinnipiac 7:00 ESPNU

SATURDAY:
      North Dakota/Quinnipiac vs. Michigan Tech/St. Cloud 8:00 ESPNU

All times are local.

I think it should be some great hockey this weekend. All four teams lost their last game before the tournament, so each will look to get a 4-game winning steak going. I really wouldn't be surprised by any of the 4 teams advancing to the Frozen Four, as they all have enough talent throughout the lineup to win two games.
      Last edited by Slash01; 03-23-2015, 11:53 PM. Reason: corrections
      No more slow starts to the season; we got over that hurdle. Now, Get it on!!! GO UND!!!

New nick is coming up. I recommend Spirithawks.

Character is what a person is; reputation is what he is supposed to be. (Abbott)

Comment

This region is the Region of Death. No doubt. When MN was not in South Bend, I was going to go all stabby if they sent them to Fargo.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
          This region is the Region of Death. No doubt. When MN was not in South Bend, I was going to go all stabby if they sent them to Fargo.
          Jeez Brent, I find it so hard to agree with you about something. But I have to say you are right. Can sensibility be had by an anti-semantic? If the hockey gods are awake, it will be ND and MN for the final. (What was that song by Aerosmith?)
          No more slow starts to the season; we got over that hurdle. Now, Get it on!!! GO UND!!!

New nick is coming up. I recommend Spirithawks.

Character is what a person is; reputation is what he is supposed to be. (Abbott)

Comment

Originally posted by Slash01 View Post
            Jeez Brent, I find it so hard to agree with you about something. But I have to say you are right. Can sensibility be had by an anti-semantic? If the hockey gods are awake, it will be ND and MN for the final. (What was that song by Aerosmith?)
            They cannot meet for the final. Semi-final, yes.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
              Or maybe I am just trying to rile up the Michigan Tech fans.
              Maybe what we need is Tech and St. Cloud to play each other during the season. Would that ever happen in the future? I would be all for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Pure Mel View Post
                Maybe what we need is Tech and St. Cloud to play each other during the season. Would that ever happen in the future? I would be all for it.
                So would many in our fan base; the problem is now we have the North Star Cup taking up 2 games 3 out of 4 years, we've played Bemidji the last two years (and we likely are gonna keep that going), we play the Gophers 3 out of 4 years, and we still need to get Mankato back on the schedule too, so I could see there being an issue with getting MTU going. I've tried twice to set up a trip to Houghton and both times it fell through.
                tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

• Originally posted by Pure Mel View Post
                  I'd love for DENVER to play a series against Mich Tech as a couple of old WCHA rivals. Plus, I want to see this new Michigan Tech team. They were kind of the team you wanted to play in your first round WCHA matchup because it usually meant you finished 1 or 2. Times have changed and I am very happy for the Michigan Tech program.

Comment

I love watching Jan Brady fans trying to get uppity toward the WCHA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                      I love watching big 10 fans get uppity towards, well anyone.

Comment

The winner of this regional are the Huskies.

Yes, I know SCSU and MTU are both huskies. I'm not that dumb of a blonde.
                        Originally posted by Skeeterman
                        Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
                        "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                          And what's wrong with that?
                          tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                            Slap Dick, don't you and 4four4 have more important things to worry about, like your season ending loss on Friday, than to come in here and try to troll St. Cloud. I guess I was foolish to think you could overcome your obsession.
                            Originally posted by SJHovey
                            Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                            Originally posted by Brenthoven
                            We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by Riz View Post
                              I'd love for DENVER to play a series against Mich Tech as a couple of old WCHA rivals. Plus, I want to see this new Michigan Tech team. They were kind of the team you wanted to play in your first round WCHA matchup because it usually meant you finished 1 or 2. Times have changed and I am very happy for the Michigan Tech program.
                              I think it'll be a cold day in hell before Tech schedules Denver again. Just saying..
                              MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

I predict the Huskies will win.

Comment

Working...
                                X