West Regional: North Dakota, Michigan Tech, St. Cloud State, Quinnipiac

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: West Regional: North Dakota, Michigan Tech, St. Cloud State, Quinnipiac

Runner-up in the Conference of Misfit Toys is getting a little worked up in here.
    UNO Maverick fan and Gopher hater, stuck in Husky country...

Comment

WCHA: 40% of the conference above .500 with a 30-29-9 record out of conference including 8-14-1 against the NCHC
      NCHC: 75% of the conference above .500 with a 53-25-4 record out of conference

Now I know what you're thinking, The NCHC out of conference record would be worse if we'd had to play NCHC teams out of conference
      UNO Maverick fan and Gopher hater, stuck in Husky country...

Comment

Originally posted by Husckey Domi Nation View Post
        "Overinflated"? Funny.

Reminds me of goofer Ben Clymer complaining last week on a local sports talk radio show (PA on the 9-to-Noon) that the Pairwise was "too subjective". He was advocating "going back to the old days" when the coaches selected the teams to get into the NCAA tournament because "they knew who the good teams were". Hilarious.

Maybe the Committee should just use KRACH (a better way). In KRACH, St. Cloud is currently #9, and Tech is currently #3 and could be the number one seed in a Regional!
        I hope you didn't graduate from Edina.
        Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
        dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
        wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by HawkeyHuskyFan View Post
          To all the Tech fans on this board trying to argue with the St. Cloud guys...

"Arguing with stupid people is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter how good you are at chess, The pigeon will knock over all of the pieces, crap on the board, and strut around like he won."

Go Tech!
          this.
          Originally posted by mtu_huskies
          "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
          Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
          Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
            Typical stupid st clood comment.
            Typical stupid whiny WCHA response. You wanna paint us all with the same brush, turnabout's fair play.

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
            True. Also true - you lost 14 of those games against tourney teams and also racked up another nice pile of losses to teams that missed the tourney (Colgate, Union, Western Michigan, Bemidji, etc...) Ok so SCSU is "battle tested"... well so was General Custer. UND was also less than impressive in their two tune-up games this past weekend. There isn't a team in that bracket MTU isn't capable of beating.
            Ryan J
            If you're gonna list all the losses we had against bad teams, why not add in Northern Michigan, Michigan and Wisconsin. Oh wait... that wasn't us. And there isn't a team in the bracket MTU isn't capable of beating. Same can be said for UND and SCSU for sure, and probably Quinnipiac too.

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
            It appears to me that St Cloud thrives on the big ice surfaces and they don't do quite as well on NHL ice.
            While I would agree with that, most teams play better at home than on the road. The only buildings we played in this year where we didn't pick up a win were Magness, the Ralph and Mariucci (one game, OT loss). And the previous year we swept at the Ralph and split at Magness (which we seem to do every year other than this year). We play better on big ice, but we still hold our own on NHL ice. And I agree with tommy, ticky-tacky calls could be as big of an advantage for us as playing away from Olympic ice is a disadvantage.

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
            That's a bold statement from a team that isn't even the best within 200 miles of their own campus, to say nothing of the national picture.
            This wins "has the least to do with anything relevant in this thread" award, or is at least in the clubhouse. Brilliant. So if St. Cloud were in Michigan and Houghton were in central Minnesota... that would mean what exactly?

Originally posted by Lostdutchman View Post
            All through this thread, people have been touting the NCHC. While good, some are over rated. Tipsy is convinced St. Cloud will beat Michigan Tech. They might. But, comparing conferences is a fool's gambit. NCHC teams are rated high in the pairwise because they feed off each other's high rating. Why I don't know. That is to say, why they are so highly thought of, I don't understand. Some are very good, to be sure. I just think it is inappropriate to trash another team, or conference for that matter. You can make the numbers say whatever you want. Check out the polls, and tell me how much better St. Cloud is. Friday will tell the tale. Any of the teams can win the regional. I personally think it is Tech, but then I am a Tech fan. Not running down any other team. Just believe my team will win.
            I think Tipsy is confident SCSU can beat MTU, but is also trying to get you guys going... And if its so easy for teams to "just play in the NCHC and feed off each other's high rankings" what Regional did WMU and CC end up in? Face it... 6 of the top 16 teams in the country play each other in conference play. I think St. Cloud would have qualified for the tournament in almost any conference they played in, even if we played the Big10. The only exception might be if we were in the AHA... we'd have been a heavy favorite to do it, but when your only chance is to get an autobid, that makes it tougher and its hard to say what would have happened.
            tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

"Overinflated"? Funny.

Reminds me of goofer Ben Clymer complaining last week on a local sports talk radio show (PA on the 9-to-Noon) that the Pairwise was "too subjective". He was advocating "going back to the old days" when the coaches selected the teams to get into the NCAA tournament because "they knew who the good teams were". Hilarious.

Maybe the Committee should just use KRACH (a better way). In KRACH, St. Cloud is currently #9, and Tech is currently #3 and could be the number one seed in a Regional!
              The committee should use KRACH. Many people have said that over the years.
              Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                The committee should use KRACH. Many people have said that over the years.
                Yeah, and many fans, but usually old WCHA fans, bc it tends to have SOS influence things a little more. And remember: SCSU sucks 'cause we're barely over .500

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

Comment

I have to laugh Tech fans get so riled up they don't even take the time to read what people wrote in their posts. All the SCSU fans including Tipsy have said any of the teams in this reginal have the ability to win. He only twisted it around because some Tech fans are so over sensitive about everything. Saying one team played a tougher schedule is a valid point saying that is an advantage. Again nobody said that means they are guaranteed to win. Do Tech fans want to talk hockey and discuss the teams or whine about how nobody respects your teams league.
                  I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Did anybody check the flood forecast?
                    Originally posted by SCSU Euro
                    What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Originally posted by Flashy Man View Post
                      Did anybody check the flood forecast?

Don't worry Dorkisak, you won't be swept away by the river unless you decide to go swimming in it. It's well below flood stage and you are safe.
                      Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                      when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                      Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

All 4 teams do have a shot at winning this regional. Any Tech fans who are getting fired up about SCSU fans saying we ran a tougher schedule need to settle down. How else would we have made it into the tournament with a record barely over .500? Easy...SOS. MTU has a Hobey candidate and a strong goalie and can beat SCSU. But SCSU can beat MTU. Whoever gets the job done on Friday...I hope they CLOBBER North Dakota...if they can get past QU first.
                        St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
                          All 4 teams do have a shot at winning this regional. Any Tech fans who are getting fired up about SCSU fans saying we ran a tougher schedule need to settle down. How else would we have made it into the tournament with a record barely over .500? Easy...SOS. MTU has a Hobey candidate and a strong goalie and can beat SCSU. But SCSU can beat MTU. Whoever gets the job done on Friday...I hope they CLOBBER North Dakota...if they can get past QU first.
                          This post is way too sensible for this thread. Take it outside.
                          Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                          USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

"Overinflated"? Funny.

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
                            I hope you didn't graduate from Edina.
                            THey were just there for the cake.....

Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post
                            I have to laugh Tech fans get so riled up they don't even take the time to read what people wrote in their posts. All the SCSU fans including Tipsy have said any of the teams in this reginal have the ability to win. He only twisted it around because some Tech fans are so over sensitive about everything. Saying one team played a tougher schedule is a valid point saying that is an advantage. Again nobody said that means they are guaranteed to win. Do Tech fans want to talk hockey and discuss the teams or whine about how nobody respects your teams league.
                            I think it's funny you think we're riled up. I'm on the hockey talk. Anything is better than this dick swinging contest.

Well, almost anything. I'm half expecting Twitch to come in here with ponies now....

How often has St. Cloud been rolling 4 lines? Saw a lot of 3 lines in the NCHC Championship. Brodzinski looked absolutely gassed by the last two minutes. Could have sworn he was out on the ice for 50% of the last ten minutes.
                            Last edited by HuskyNation; 03-23-2015, 09:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyNation View Post
                              THey were just there for the cake.....

I think it's funny you think we're riled up. I'm on the hockey talk. Anything is better than this dick swinging contest.

Well, almost anything. I'm half expecting Twitch to come in here with ponies now....

How often has St. Cloud been rolling 4 lines? Saw a lot of 3 lines in the NCHC Championship. Brodzinski looked absolutely gassed by the last two minutes. Could have sworn he was out on the ice for 50% of the last ten minutes.
                              We use all 4 lines. NCHC Championship was a little different bc so much special teams time

Comment

Its good that decided to begin the process of removing racist graffiti in Grand Forks. I figured the headline was about the Ralph, but maybe thats next on the list.

http://www.grandforksherald.com/news...igation-begins
                                Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Working...
                                X