West Regional: North Dakota, Michigan Tech, St. Cloud State, Quinnipiac

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: West Regional: North Dakota, Michigan Tech, St. Cloud State, Quinnipiac

So......UND hosting a regional......in Fargo.

Methinks the local Byzzzzzzon won't be very happy.
    ---
    National Champions: 1948, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1955, 1956, 1964, 1996, 1998
    Frozen Four: 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1962, 1964, 1977, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2011, 2018
    19 Conference Championships
    10 Conference Tournament Championships
    2 Hobey Baker Winners

@UMichWD on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
      How healthy is everybody? SCSU's Prochno and Kossila missed this past weekend, and on Saturday Daly took a pretty bad hit. I don't know the status of any of the three of them for this weekend.
      Sounds like Kossila and Prochno will play. Will know more about Daley tuesday.
      I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
        I would think 400 is chickenfeed for the high and mighty Michigan Tech fans
        You are right...The $400 is for chickenfeed. No cash left for the tickets

Comment

SCSU played 26 out of their 38 games this year against teams that made the NCAA tourney. UND played 22, Michigan Tech played 4 games and Quinnipiac played 6 games against tourney teams. Obviously SCSU and UND are battle tested.
          I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Originally posted by bose301s View Post
            Tech people know what long drives are.

*******https://c1.staticflickr.com/3/2290/1..._b.jpg********
            My drive would be between 29 and 30 hours. Just saying.

Comment

Originally posted by Riz View Post
              My drive would be between 29 and 30 hours. Just saying.
              To Fargo? Going by your location, you are doing it wrong. By a lot.

Edit: it's about 13 hours from Mpls to Denver. It's about 26 hours from Duluth to Dallas.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                The old farts at Tech complained when parking went from $3 to $5 for games (IIRC, those were the prices). $400 for a ticket? lulz!
                I think the real problem was parking went from $2 to $5. Or at least that is what I paid when I was at Tech and when I came back to Tech under Pearson's reign...They should have gone $1 at a time....haha

Comment

No hahaha to Providence, where my team is playing.

Comment

The old farts at Tech complained when parking went from $3 to $5 for games (IIRC, those were the prices). $400 for a ticket? lulz!
                    JEEZ, our parking is $7 and a 10-minute (sometimes frigid) walk to the arena.

Comment

Edit: it's about 13 hours from Mpls to Denver. It's about 26 hours from Duluth to Dallas.
                      I'm guessing he would be driving back too...Doesn't just worry about getting there.

Comment

Originally posted by Pure Mel View Post
                        I'm guessing he would be driving back too...Doesn't just worry about getting there.
                        Ummm no. That's another 30 hours.

Comment

No hahaha to Providence, where my team is playing.
                          I mis-judged your team. My bad.

Riz: our parking is anywhere from $8-$20. Boston is $40 or so (found that out on the Cafe side...all the nopes!!)
                          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

JEEZ, our parking is $7 and a 10-minute (sometimes frigid) walk to the arena.
                            That is a direct result of having a good team at some point in the past 30 years! In a year or 2, I am sure Tech will be at $7...

Comment

Originally posted by Pure Mel View Post
                              That is a direct result of having a good team at some point in the past 30 years! In a year or 2, I am sure Tech will be at $7...
                              THE HORROR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ok, F that, I'm not going up there anymore. Christ, it was bad enough paying a whole $75 for the weekend for a suite ticket....$7 parking? That's just price-raping at that point!

Comment

I mis-judged your team. My bad.

Riz: our parking is anywhere from $8-$20. Boston is $40 or so (found that out on the Cafe side...all the nopes!!)
                                Who's your team? University of Denver is within the city limits but is not in the actual city area. Plus they have HUGE parking lots that are half empty because people don't want to pay $7 and try and find something on the street. Colorado College is $5 and their parking is right in front of their arena. Maybe that's why I think $7 is absurd. Oh and Air Force is FREE!!! Maybe I should start going to more of their games...

Comment

Working...
                                X