Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: West Regional: North Dakota, Michigan Tech, St. Cloud State, Quinnipiac

Originally posted by RL3AO View Post
    A quick question - Does the NCAA not want regional's played at a home arena and instead have a school host at a nearby one (UND hosting in Fargo, Minnesota hosting at the X, etc)? Why not have the regional in Grand Forks where you can fit in 7,000 more people and still clearly sell out the games?
    Correct. The NCAA does not want regionals played on home ice. I believe the West Regional this year got 3 bids: (1) Scheels Arena in Fargo, (2) Ralph Engelstad Arena in Grand Forks, and (3) AMSoil Arena in Duluth. The NCAA went with the only site that wasn't on-campus, and Fargo got it.

This differs from the Midwest Regional, as ONLY South Bend put a bid together for that regional. That's why it is on campus ice (although Notre Dame failed to make the tournament).
    North Dakota
    National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Quinnipiac without Anas is still a fairly good team...but I still think they're way in over their heads. Garteig will probably have to stand on his head, although he didn't look spectacular in the ECAC playoffs really.

Comment

Originally posted by baril4244 View Post
        Any chance in a million years that out of towners can find tickets? I've heard they might already be sold out?
        A Sioux fan I know told me last night people are asking $400 a ticket for next weekend...
        I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Originally posted by RL3AO View Post
          A quick question - Does the NCAA not want regional's played at a home arena and instead have a school host at a nearby one (UND hosting in Fargo, Minnesota hosting at the X, etc)? Why not have the regional in Grand Forks where you can fit in 7,000 more people and still clearly sell out the games?
          Yes it is a real bummer not to have more capacity. Tech's first NCAA Tourney action in 34 years and might not be able to attend in person except by paying $400 or so...Not an option....Although if it were in Grand Forks it would likely be the same situation only with more Sioux fans!

Comment

Originally posted by Pure Mel View Post
            Yes it is a real bummer not to have more capacity. Tech's first NCAA Tourney action in 34 years and might not be able to attend in person except by paying $400 or so...Not an option....Although if it were in Grand Forks it would likely be the same situation only with more Sioux fans!
            I think you'd be much better off if it was in Grand Forks. You'd still probably have close to the same percentage of UND fans but tickets would be relatively much more reasonably priced. Maybe $150. And Tech's allotment would also obviously be larger, so it would be much easier for you to get tickets through them. Look on the bright side, you can still get Red Pepper in Fargo!
            Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
            when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
            Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
              I think you'd be much better off if it was in Grand Forks. You'd still probably have close to the same percentage of UND fans but tickets would be relatively much more reasonably priced. Maybe $150. And Tech's allotment would also obviously be larger, so it would be much easier for you to get tickets through them. Look on the bright side, you can still get Red Pepper in Fargo!
              Too hostile and abusive, though.
              XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
              Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

Originally posted by Pure Mel View Post
                I would think 400 is chickenfeed for the high and mighty Michigan Tech fans
                Originally posted by SJHovey
                Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                Originally posted by Brenthoven
                We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
                  I would think 400 is chickenfeed for the high and mighty Michigan Tech fans
                  The old farts at Tech complained when parking went from $3 to $5 for games (IIRC, those were the prices). $400 for a ticket? lulz!
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                  Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Red Hockey View Post
                    Quinnipiac without Anas is still a fairly good team...but I still think they're way in over their heads. Garteig will probably have to stand on his head, although he didn't look spectacular in the ECAC playoffs really.
                    Garteig carried their *** in the quarterfinal against Union. Without his performance they probably get yes upset and are not in the tournament.
                    QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
                    2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
                    2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
                    2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
                    https://twitter.com/QHockeyBlog
                    https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
                    https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

I love all of you complaining about your car rides to your teams regional. My team usually plays at a regional 4 hours away on an airplane with no direct flights there.

Comment

Originally posted by Riz View Post
                        I love all of you complaining about your car rides to your teams regional. My team usually plays at a regional 4 hours away on an airplane with no direct flights there.
                        That's mostly easterners. If it's not in St Paul, 4 hours is less than what MN has to do.
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

**** right I'm gonna complain about a 15 hour drive. I should have had a 10 or 12 hour ride out East instead if just one outcome was different.

Shame on all those teams.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                            The old farts at Tech complained when parking went from $3 to $5 for games (IIRC, those were the prices). $400 for a ticket? lulz!
                            wha? why would we complain? we get free parking. anyone using a walker or cane does.
                            Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                            "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                            Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                            Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by Riz View Post
                              Tech people know what long drives are.

*******https://c1.staticflickr.com/3/2290/1..._b.jpg********
                              2005-2006: 7-25-6
                              2006-2007: 18-17-5
                              2007-2008: 14-20-5
                              2008-2009: 6-25-7
                              2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

How healthy is everybody? SCSU's Prochno and Kossila missed this past weekend, and on Saturday Daly took a pretty bad hit. I don't know the status of any of the three of them for this weekend.
                                tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Working...
                                X