Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: West Regional: North Dakota, Michigan Tech, St. Cloud State, Quinnipiac

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
    Are you sure that tree is in North Dakota, and not in Minnesota? I mean it would be easy to confuse the two.
    It's easy to figure out when you enter Michigan. It's the place with all the slums and people with no jobs.
    St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
      It's easy to figure out when you enter Michigan. It's the place with all the slums and people with no jobs.
      Eh, could be confused with Ohio.
      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

So the picks are in from CHN...
        http://www.collegehockeynews.com/rep...sRegionals.php

UND over QU by all 8 writers
        SCSU over MTU by 6 of 8 writers
        UND ove SCSU/MTU by all 8 writers
        Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
          Even longer. In fact geezer was in kindergarten last time Tech played in the tournament.
          However, our current coach and players have only missed it for 3 years, and while the past experience will help St. Cloud a little, I don't think it's a big factor.
          Uh, 1981 was only three years ago and your current players played on that team? Am I missing something?

Thinking it might be a bigger factor than you think. Saw a very different performance from an SCSU team last year who was coming of a Frozen Four appearance the year before. Quite a few of them still on this team.

It matters for how the first 10 minutes will go. If you get behind early because of nerves, this thing is good as done. If you weather that, then you are right, really shouldn't matter.

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post

It's interesting. I do prefer being the underdog going in, but didn't expect St, Clooud to be so heavily favored when Tech has the advantage in the polls, PWR, KRACH, W/L record, goals for, goals against, goaltending, defense, coaching, and good looks. I wonder what it's based on? The fake huskies being "battle tested", perhaps?
            Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
            USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU BlackandRed View Post
              Uh, 1981 was only three years ago and your current players played on that team? Am I missing something?
              I mean the current players aren't carrying any baggage from the 1980's. None of them have been on the team for more than 4 years. I don't believe in some genetic team memory of failure from past decades that will affect this year's team.
              Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
              USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU BlackandRed View Post

Thinking it might be a bigger factor than you think. Saw a very different performance from an SCSU team last year who was coming of a Frozen Four appearance the year before. Quite a few of them still on this team.

It matters for how the first 10 minutes will go. If you get behind early because of nerves, this thing is good as done. If you weather that, then you are right, really shouldn't matter.
                He's saying that current players have missed out on the NCAAs a max of 3 years, so the other 30 plus years in the gap don't matter. Basically, none of the players have played in the NCAA tournament, but they come in with as much experience as Harvard which hasn't been in the tournament since 2006. Of note, Mel has been on the bench for many NCAA games so thankfully the coaching staff isn't lacking in that department.
                Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

He's saying that current players have missed out on the NCAAs a max of 3 years, so the other 30 plus years in the gap don't matter. Basically, none of the players have played in the NCAA tournament, but they come in with as much experience as Harvard which hasn't been in the tournament since 2006. Of note, Mel has been on the bench for many NCAA games so thankfully the coaching staff isn't lacking in that department.
                  I think Harvard's coach has a little NCAA tournament experience though, so that's something.

Comment

Originally posted by Crimson on the Glass View Post
                    I think Harvard's coach has a little NCAA tournament experience though, so that's something.
                    I just used them because I had heard they had the 2nd longest drought of the field this year...

Comment

I just used them because I had heard they had the 2nd longest drought of the field this year...
                      Yes, that ought to be remedied at some point!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post

Based on their picking records from last year, this is good news for Tech.
                        T E C H N O L O G I C A L

Comment

Michigan Tech - 10 NCAA Appearances, 10 Frozen Fours...go ahead and doubt them

Comment

Originally posted by shirtless guy View Post
                            michigan tech - 10 ncaa appearances, 10 frozen fours...go ahead and doubt them
                            :d :d :d

Comment

Originally posted by MagnessMan View Post
                              No mention of Daly at all

Originally posted by geezer View Post
                              I mean the current players aren't carrying any baggage from the 1980's. None of them have been on the team for more than 4 years. I don't believe in some genetic team memory of failure from past decades that will affect this year's team.
                              And so, I'm sure when your fellow MTU fans used to rag on SCSU for losing all the time in the first round of the NCAAs, I'm sure you pointed out this fallacy too and told them that the current Huskies hadn't played in more than one, sometimes none, of those losses.
                              tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                                No mention of Daly at all

And so, I'm sure when your fellow MTU fans used to rag on SCSU for losing all the time in the first round of the NCAAs, I'm sure you pointed out this fallacy too and told them that the current Huskies hadn't played in more than one, sometimes none, of those losses.
                                Who cares? This is a team that lost to Wisconsin this season.
                                Originally posted by SJHovey
                                Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                                Originally posted by Brenthoven
                                We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Working...
                                X