Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Colgate 2014-2015: Part II

Originally posted by ColSkate65 View Post
    Yes, the class raised many millions of $$ to finance the NAF, also got the naming rights. The rink will be named after Steve Riggs, a great hockey player from the Class of '65 who died in Vietnam.

Yes, it was Joey Mormina I was thinking of, thx. Used to go to the Utica Devils games and I thought they were boisterous. Must be out of sight now.
    Out of mind too !
    It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Too bad about Comets in Game 1. I have whiplash from trying to watch AHL & NHL playoffs at same time...sheesh.
      COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

Article on some of the top committed recruits from the CCHL, Hunter Racine:
        http://hockeynow.ca/junior/in-the-sl...ampaign=buffer
        Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
        And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
        WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
        If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Racine looks like a good one, Clarkson has two.

Comment

Looks like our games against the National Champs will be a little easier with acciari's departure.

http://www.uscho.com/2015/06/08/acci...s-with-bruins/

Comment

Comets are in a hole

I'm impressed by Racine's history/numbers.

(This thread is a combined 'Gate/Comets discussion, sorry)

Comment

Originally posted by ColSkate65 View Post
                Comets are in a hole
                But a smaller hole after yesterday's win. Win tomorrow an they're tied and not in a hole at all.
                Not a real doctor, nor do I play one on TV!
                Clarkson 1990

Comment

All I can say is electric...I've never been to louder games in my life and I've been to probably 1500 or more.

Comment

It'd be nice if they slightly turned the construction camera and zoomed out a bit... seems to be a bunch of stuff going on stage left. As much as watching that orange box is fascinating...

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                      It'd be nice if they slightly turned the construction camera and zoomed out a bit... seems to be a bunch of stuff going on stage left. As much as watching that orange box is fascinating...
                      There is a much better view of the construction posted by Steve on the Colgate voy forum website. It is also posted as a twitter feed on Colgate Edu which can be accessed on the athletic website. Look for the link in the upper right hand corner of the homepage. (I wish I was intelligent enough to post a link here, but I'm not!) Looks like they are making good progess on the rink. There is hope.

Comment

Comets They had a good run and their fans are unbelievable.

Comment

I have never seen such a run, even Gate in 1990.
                          I was obv more into the 1990 Gate run, but the whole city of Utica was into the Comets on and off the ice. Three nights of home games #3,#4, and #5 sold out 3815 tix in FOUR minutes !!! All three games in four minutes total.

Have to put this run third in my life behind only 2003 Gate football and 1990 hockey. Live hockey until 06-13-2015, May was my latest.

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
                            I have never seen such a run, even Gate in 1990.
                            I was obv more into the 1990 Gate run, but the whole city of Utica was into the Comets on and off the ice. Three nights of home games #3,#4, and #5 sold out 3815 tix in FOUR minutes !!! All three games in four minutes total.

Have to put this run third in my life behind only 2003 Gate football and 1990 hockey. Live hockey until 06-13-2015, May was my latest.
                            Yeah, pretty remarkable. Going into mid-June with Utica still alive is quite something. I don't think the Utica Devils ever went this far (?).

It's not live, but there's still hockey on June - tonight & possibly Wed w/ Chi and TB. All of these playoffs seem to go 7 games, so I'm betting on the Bolts tonight.

Comment

All hail the Blackhawks - Stanley Cup Champions!

Thus endith the 2014-15 hockey season

Comment

Colgate's schedule is pretty much pieced together. The only thing missing is the Mercyhurst series. 11/12 December looks like the best possibility (they're playing Michigan on the weekend of 16/18 October). Another fairly unlikely possibility is to play them on 3/4 October.

Comment

Working...
                                X