Colgate 2014-2015: Part II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Colgate 2014-2015: Part II

Kellen and Connor Jones (Q-Pac twins) are still playing together for the Oklahoma City Barons, same line even. They are almost singlehandedly beating the Utica Comets. Series now tied 1-1 after four OT's Thurs night and only one OT last night. Anybody around the area who wants to see some unbelievable, fast, playoff hockey should go.

Every game is soldout, everyone wears a white shirt, the fans are nuts, tailgating before every game, free food. It was the loudest hockey game I have ever heard in my life, actually had to cover my ears. Hopefully we have it until mid June !
    It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Aren't the schedules normally released by now ? I've seen 3000 at the old Starr, 1990 and before when the rink held 2600(plus standing room). In a brilliant move they took away seats the following year reducing the capacity to 2246, which it currently is.

I remember against Harvard, the game Gagnon had to go stitched up, an announcement by the PA between the first and second period said that if you left you might not get back in !

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
        Aren't the schedules normally released by now ? I've seen 3000 at the old Starr, 1990 and before when the rink held 2600(plus standing room). In a brilliant move they took away seats the following year reducing the capacity to 2246, which it currently is.

I remember against Harvard, the game Gagnon had to go stitched up, an announcement by the PA between the first and second period said that if you left you might not get back in !
        I hear Comets are in Game 6 tonight. Should be a packed house. Hope you will be there Shabby and can give us a report.
        COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

Arghh, Comets lose 2-1, game seven Wed. Okla City's goalie Bachman from Colo Coll will be in NHL soon.

Comment

Arghh, Comets lose 2-1, game seven Wed. Okla City's goalie Bachman from Colo Coll will be in NHL soon.
            Geesh. Comets outshot Okla totally in the last two periods and hit a pipe. Bachman must be great (how come I've never heard of him?) Oh well, this seems to be the season for 7-game series in the NHL and AHL. Good luck Wed. nite.

Comment

Not sure if I'm going. I need my rest, lol. You never heard of him because he played in WCHA I guess. I might stream the game.
              Last edited by sshablak; 05-19-2015, 10:10 AM.

Comment

Not sure if I'm going. I need my rest, lol. You never heard of him because he played in WCHA I guess. I might stream the game.
                Colorado College is in the NCHC. Unless, of course, he was in college before said league was formed.

Comment

On a totally unrelated manner, "The General", the documentary of the 1990 Men's NCAA Finalist Hockey Team and Coach Terry Slater will be shown at Colgate as part of Reunion, and specifically the Class of 1990's 25th Reunion. "The General" will be shown on Friday May 29, 2015, 330pm-530pm at Little Hall, Golden Auditorium. After the screening, a question and answer session will be held with participants, including players from the Class of 1990. So if you available, please head to campus to come to this special event.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainEO View Post
                    On a totally unrelated manner, "The General", the documentary of the 1990 Men's NCAA Finalist Hockey Team and Coach Terry Slater will be shown at Colgate as part of Reunion, and specifically the Class of 1990's 25th Reunion. "The General" will be shown on Friday May 29, 2015, 330pm-530pm at Little Hall, Golden Auditorium. After the screening, a question and answer session will be held with participants, including players from the Class of 1990. So if you available, please head to campus to come to this special event.
                    Thanks for the tip, Captain. Hopefully some of us 50th Reunion guys can make it.

Comment

Webcam for the new rink construction is now live. Low bandwidth and not much to see just yet, but should be fun to watch it go up! http://www.colgate.edu/offices-and-s...118.1264904973

Comment

Originally posted by Gate83 View Post
                        Webcam for the new rink construction is now live. Low bandwidth and not much to see just yet, but should be fun to watch it go up! http://www.colgate.edu/offices-and-s...118.1264904973
                        Better than nothing. Do they intend on saving the pictures for archive, possibly a time-lapse video?

Comment

Originally posted by Gate83 View Post
                          I think just I saw the Port-A-Potty move two feet to the left

Go Comets! Rangers

Comment

Originally posted by ColSkate65 View Post
                            I think just I saw the Port-A-Potty move two feet to the left

Go Comets! Rangers
                            LMAO Too funny. The Comets win game 7, 1-0 Talk about goaltending! Going Sunday against Grand Rapids(Detroit farmclub)

Comment

It'd be nice if they set the correct frame size for the webcam viewing, as having to scroll the picture seems a bit annoying.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                                It'd be nice if they set the correct frame size for the webcam viewing, as having to scroll the picture seems a bit annoying.
                                I think if you stay with the picture the frame size will change automatically. It did for me today; it renews every 10 seconds. FYI: those gravel piles haven't moved much, but today is a holiday...

Go Comets! Rangers

Comment

Working...
                                X