Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Colgate 2014-2015: Part II

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    Not sure if you've had an international tour in the last four years, but if there were any rumblings about one happening in the near future, this may be it. http://www.belfastlive.co.uk/sport/o...arebar_twitter

Confirmation on teams: http://yi.ideascale.com/a/dtd/4-Amer...t/100320-32544
    Here's the latest --> http://www.uscho.com/2015/04/06/brow...-2015-weekend/

Comment

So we're giving up a home game against Brown while in Belfast. I hope this doesn't come back to bite us. Winning the Belpot Trophy would be nice, but not as nice as winning the Cleary Cup.

Side note: BU/Providence = who wins??
      COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

I'll take BU 4-1
        It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Anyone else find it kind of appauling that Spiro's Class Award for many things including academics isn't even mentioned by USCHO. I understand there's some other awards being shown but c,mon guys !

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
            Anyone else find it kind of appauling that Spiro's Class Award for many things including academics isn't even mentioned by USCHO. I understand there's some other awards being shown but c,mon guys !
            Agree with you shabby. Totally wrong that there is no highlighting this on USCHO - one of the major post-season awards. It's a disgrace.

Going back to your question about Murphy, yes, I agree, he needs to keep his brain intact while playing. Too many penalties and he cost the team bigtime with that DQ. But....he has the talent to be a force next year. My hunch is the coaches thought putting the weight of responsibility on his shoulders would straighten him out. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

I'll take BU 3-1.

Comment

Originally posted by ColSkate65 View Post
              Agree with you shabby. Totally wrong that there is no highlighting this on USCHO - one of the major post-season awards. It's a disgrace.

Going back to your question about Murphy, yes, I agree, he needs to keep his brain intact while playing. Too many penalties and he cost the team bigtime with that DQ. But....he has the talent to be a force next year. My hunch is the coaches thought putting the weight of responsibility on his shoulders would straighten him out. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

I'll take BU 3-1.
              Just want to point out that the players vote on the captains, not the coaches.

Comment

• Originally posted by ColSkate65 View Post
                So we're giving up a home game against Brown while in Belfast. I hope this doesn't come back to bite us. Winning the Belpot Trophy would be nice, but not as nice as winning the Cleary Cup.
                Does Colgate have any alumni in Northern Ireland? I'm not familiar with our alumni in Ireland, but I may be the closest to Belfast by straight line distance.

I'm actually pretty excited for this game. When I moved over here 6 years ago, I didn't think that I would ever see Colgate play in anything again. My high school came over to Dublin this fall to play American football, and it was a pretty crazy experience. Hopefully this hockey game is just as good.

I haven't posted here in such a long time. I had to reset my password as it was over a decade old:
                "Your password is 3745 days old, and has therefore expired."

Comment

Welcome back, ColgatePA

At least Brown is losing Lamacchia and Lorito, but we still have N. Lappin to contend with. We need to beat the Bears because the following weekend will be tough. It's a great experience for the players, much like Italy...but you don't see NoDak and BU doing such crazy, global tours in the middle of the season. Whatever happened to the Cape Cod Classic? Colgate can't seem to commit to a reputable tournament, while Cornell gets BU at MSG - again. I'm guessing it all comes down to money and which teams draw the most fans. Shocking.

An article WAS written about Spiro's award on USCHO, but not sure that it made the front page, which is still wrong. It was posted 4/9.

http://www.uscho.com/2015/04/09/colg...rd-stands-for/
                  C O L G A T E
                  2023 ECAC CHAMPION
                  1990 NCAA FINALS
                  https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tiU0vQxIQE8

ECAC Pick the Standings Champion, 2008
                  ECAC Pick 'Em Champion, 2010 & 2015
                  ECAC Pick the Playoffs Champion, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by TchrBill View Post
                    At least Brown is losing Lamacchia and Lorito, but we still have N. Lappin to contend with. We need to beat the Bears because the following weekend will be tough. It's a great experience for the players, much like Italy...but you don't see NoDak and BU doing such crazy, global tours in the middle of the season. Whatever happened to the Cape Cod Classic? Colgate can't seem to commit to a reputable tournament, while Cornell gets BU at MSG - again. I'm guessing it all comes down to money and which teams draw the most fans. Shocking.
                    Just shows a Colgate education is much more than athletics. The players will gain from this trip and while not in our backyard the teams involved are our competitors. The team benefits from keeping the number of off days to a minimum during holiday breaks IMHO, so it's not all bad. Just makes me upset that we lose the Brown game at Starr.

BU/PC game was a thriller, up and down, many changes in momentum. Can't remember an "own goal" like BU had; guess it was a first in an NCAA NC game. Really thought PC peaked at the right time. Hope to see us there next season

"Thus endith the college hockey season"........A Providence Friar

Comment

As far as Murphy getting the "A", I think it will be good if he can manage his emotions. Maybe having a letter on his jersey will actually force him to do that as well.

I am not a fan of the Northern Ireland games, only because of the potential games the following weekend. Puts us at a huge disadvantage that following weekend. As far as losing a conference game at home it stinks, but there are worse games to lose. I think it was a few years ago that people were talking about us losing the Cornell game to go play in Yankee stadium, I am glad that didn't happen.

Comment

Did I read somewhere we have Providence home for two games in early October ? GR ?

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
                          Did I read somewhere we have Providence home for two games in early October ? GR ?
                          Halloween weekend, final non-conference series before league play. Other NC foes in October include Mercyhurst (x2), Northeastern and RIT. The rest of the non-conference games will be in November (Friendship Four vs Northeastern/Lowell) and January (Catamount Cup w/UVM, LSSU, Brown; Maine [x2])

Comment

And no Gillies now, I would of liked to see him, oh well, a good thing I guess.

Comment

New post & pics on the new hockey rink. Live cam to follow the construction in the near future!
                              http://gocolgateraiders.com/news/201...416152603.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by Gate83 View Post
                                New post & pics on the new hockey rink. Live cam to follow the construction in the near future!
                                http://gocolgateraiders.com/news/201...416152603.aspx
                                Great to see. I remember having fun seeing the progress on the construction of Pegula Ice Arena, and look forward to the same here, as well as eventaully attending games at the new arena.

Comment

Working...
                                X