Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Colgate 2014-2015: Part II

Originally posted by TchrBill View Post
    Colskate, no ECAC team seemed to dominate like Union did last year. The Dutchmen were nearly flawless and really set the standard of what is expected to be a national contender from our conference IMO.
    ...And Yale in 2013.
    COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

Originally posted by ColSkate65 View Post
      ...And Yale in 2013.
      Not even close. They had a great run in the tourney but didn't dominate like Union did last year. Remember, Yale needed two OT winners to get to Pittsburgh while Union basically cruised into Philly.
      Quinnipiac Bobcats
      2023 National Champions
      ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
      ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
      East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
      Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
      Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
      Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
        Not even close. They had a great run in the tourney but didn't dominate like Union did last year. Remember, Yale needed two OT winners to get to Pittsburgh while Union basically cruised into Philly.
        To "get" to Pittsburgh, Yale needed one OT winner, against Minnesota. They beat North Dakota 4-1.

Comment

Originally posted by bulldog10jw View Post
          Yale needed one OT winner
          My bad... the 2nd one was in Pittsburgh.
          Quinnipiac Bobcats
          2023 National Champions
          ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
          ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
          East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
          Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
          Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
          Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ColSkate65 View Post
            All three teams out of the NCAAs. Maybe the ECAC wasn't quite as potent this year as we thought?
            IMO we (ECAC) shoot ourselves in the foot each year. The key is the pairwise. We have to play thinking that non-conference games are important and not some warn up exercise or a practice. We have to schedule some top 20 non-conference teams and win some, not all, just some. Look at St. Cloud. Barely a .500 team but 6 wins against top 10 teams kept them anchored to the top. Union, Colgate and Q all split a pair with them. Look at Robert Morris 24-8-5 and they were 25th in the pairwise. Can you believe that? Those early wins against BU, BC and UML helped anchor Harvard. Two years Colgate made the tournament in part because of great non-conference wins over Ferris State and others. This is hard for the IVY's because they only have 7 non-conference games and IMO waste them by playing each other in non-conference matchups. Two years ago Q had great wins against UML. We cannot let Vermont beat us each year. I bet had St. Lawrence had those Vermont as wins and Yale had Northeastern as a win ..... they were leading 3-0.

We Dutchmen did not exactly light up the world this year getting blown out by Western Michigan and losing to Connecticut so I am not complaining about any team. Cornell won its first against Denver and then took the next game off. Their coach even said so.

The NCHC did it right. They built up a very strong non-conference record and then it didn't matter that they knocked each other off in league play.

We were really lucky to get three in this year. It could have been 1.

Next year we will do better. We should be trying to schedule more NCHC, HE, Minnesota, etc. and go easy on the AHA. That next non-conference game you face may be your ticket to the Frozen Four. That is how we have to think.
            Last edited by Dutchman; 04-01-2015, 11:33 AM.
            DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
            DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

• So a kid I know who played both hockey and soccer with my kid back when they were little announced he's going to 'Gate...

to play lacrosse.

Comment

Not sure if you've had an international tour in the last four years, but if there were any rumblings about one happening in the near future, this may be it. http://www.belfastlive.co.uk/sport/o...arebar_twitter

Confirmation on teams: http://yi.ideascale.com/a/dtd/4-Amer...t/100320-32544

Comment

I don't think it's a good idea in the middle of the season, maybe closer to Christmas would be better. Don't forget, Gate wasn't home for over two months from something like Nov 22 to Jan 22.
                  It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
                    I don't think it's a good idea in the middle of the season, maybe closer to Christmas would be better. Don't forget, Gate wasn't home for over two months from something like Nov 22 to Jan 22.
                    You do have Clarkson and SLU at home the week after.

Comment

Then definitely a bad idea, plus the fact there's exams around then.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                        You do have Clarkson and SLU at home the week after.
                        Maybe you will still be jetlagged and we can finally win a game in Starr!
                        Not a real doctor, nor do I play one on TV!
                        Clarkson 1990

Comment

Originally posted by drshoen View Post
                          Maybe you will still be jetlagged and we can finally win a game in Starr!
                          The CURSEEEEEEEEE ??????

Comment

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
                            Next year we will do better. We should be trying to schedule more NCHC, HE, Minnesota, etc. and go easy on the AHA. That next non-conference game you face may be your ticket to the Frozen Four. That is how we have to think.
                            I don't think ECAC teams are turning down NC games against strong opponents. We wind up with AHA opponents (or even worse, ECAC NC opponents) when schedules don't mesh. Teams with huge barns don't want to schedule home and home against the small barn ECAC teams, so unless you're willing to only play road games, you're SOL.

I don't have empirical evidence but it seems to me league-wide we've been getting stronger NC schedules lately, maybe because of the stronger NCAA showings. But unless ECAC teams start scheduling home NC games in nearby larger venues, I don't think we'll ever see consistently strong NC slates -- the economics of the game just don't support it.
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Don't forget that the scenario used to be a western team had really nothing to gain by beating, say, an ECAC team, they were expected to win. They had everything to lose and in a maybe 3000 seat arena. Now the games are important in the PWR, and it's not the EZAC anymore. Add in expenses, lost revenue by not playing at home, 3000-10,000 gate, why would you want to come to say Starr, and play in front of 1500 people ?

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                                The CURSEEEEEEEEE ??????
                                Made me spit my coffee out,lol !

Comment

Working...
                                X